Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Wills?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question. Are characters allowed to have wills so when they die they can distrubute thier belongings to so and so?
Yes, I don't see why not.
Seems like a good idea.
Most people seem to die in out-of-the-way places so you might not be getting that monogrammed cigarette case or those action figures unless someone finds the body. Otherwise, sure, why not. It's macabre, but distributing your accessible worldly possessions is something that everyone wishes they'd thought of when they're lying face down in the desert... Well, that and maybe not dying.
Well i certainly will make sure that my comrades do one very important thing. That they BRING BACK my body to be buried if possible and if the cirucmstances permit it. And if we cab have wills whos going to write them? Gentlemen I think we need people to RP as lawers if its not already being done.
I believe you write your own will, only that it's usually laywers who reads them up and makes sure the things go to the right person
zarakk Wrote:I believe you write your own will, only that it's usually laywers who reads them up and makes sure the things go to the right person

I always thought you need a laywer to write the will to make it legal and he makes sure the things go the right person whole you tell him what goes to who.
I just looked up on the wikipedia, and this is the official thingy:

Quote:Any person over the age of majority and of sound mind can draft his or her own will without the aid of an attorney.

So everyone who is adult is able to write his/her own will.

It also states:
Quote:There is no legal requirement that a will be drawn up by a lawyer, although there are pitfalls into which home-made wills can fall. The person who makes a will is not available to explain him or herself, or to correct any technical deficiency or error in expression, when it comes into effect on that person's death, and so there is little room for mistake.

This also supports that you can write your own will, only that, it is more likely that things can go wrong.

Maybe this helps. I dunno. The whole page is found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_(law)
Ah that helps but I still wonder how wills will effect RP when a character dies. I guess we have to find out.