Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Shades Follower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Right.... Uuh.... Well, I play as mostly anything, I am very spontaneous and therefore I usually get into uncomfortable situations on non rp servers (pulling the entire instance in a matter of seconds). And when I get the chance I immediately jump into a RP. And I like doing things the silent way, talking behind peoples back, corrupting minds and so on.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Well, I'm from Sweden, my primary language is of course Swedish but I still prefer English over Swedish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to play on a downloaded version of Warcraft 3 until I got of my chair and went and bought the real stuff and I immediately got hooked on LoaP but then I noticed that the general players that play LoaP are outright retards so I started play Secrets of the Depths of Roleplaying (SotDRP) instead, and I still play it. And right now I play on a Pre TBC WoW Server because WotLK is unbalanced as hell.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, I like roleplaying.... And that's about it. And I didn't really seek it out, I was recommended in a topic about another game....

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I can go with any roleplay but because of my spontaneous nature I do prefer if you throw in some kind of battle here and there.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Don't know yet actually. But it'll probably be in the style of a Hunter or Rogue.

What are your expectations of this server?:
That it will be the only good RP server that WoW has ever experienced.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Role-playing. Don't know that much about the Warcraft lore yet because RPing Warcraft lore in SotDRP will get you mass spammed by retards. But I will take my time to read it after I have posted this.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Hmmmm.... Not good at coming up with planned stories... Oh well.

As Lork walked down the slope to his home he heard a slight crackle to his left and instantly jumped into a bush nearby. A few seconds later a hooded man appeared. He seemed to be badly hurt and stumbled.
Lork went out to help the man only to have his entire soul frozen and not being able to move, the man removed the cowl and revealed a face as white as the winter snow.

The man opened his mouth and tried to speak but all that came out was rasps and the occasional ''word''.
He then reached out to Lork, Lork tried to back away but couldn't, as the mans hand reached closer Lork could feel the biting cold getting intenser by the moment but just an inch in front of his face the man stopped and all color returned to his face. And Lork suddenly felt warmth of the kind he had never felt before flow through him.

The man opened his mouth again and this time comprehensible words came out: ''Ah, thank you. The Undead are on my tracks. We must move.''

Lork looked baffled at the man ''What? Undead? The invasion of the Scourge is something long past.... And I recently met you, and a moment ago I would have mistaken you for being one of the Scourge''

''What? The invasion is over already? But.... I was there, at the battle. The war had only just begun.''

''Uuuuh.... You must be badly hurt, you seem to be frozen down quite bad....''

''Ah.... Now I see... Oh never mind my previous rant, so I reckon you have a home nearby?''

Lork eyed the man suspiciously ''Yes.... I do.''

The man started walking towards Lorks home without Lork even pointing the way ''I'll tell you my story when we get inside if you want'' The man shouted over his shoulder.

As Lork started running after the man who apparently knew exactly where his house was he noticed something about the mans clothes. These were not modern clothes, they seem to be several hundred years old.
When they reached the small little cabin just outside the thicket the man stopped and turned around to face Lork.
''Well, you're the master of this house? Aren't you going to show your guest inside?''
Lork, slightly baffled about the mans strange behaviour quickly hurried to unlock the door to his cabin.
''Step on in then''
''Thank you young Master Elf.'' The man said as he stepped inside.
''Would you like some tea or anything else to drink?''
''Tea will be just fine thank you'' The man said as he sat down on a chair that he apparently somehow had dragged from a corner of the room to the table in the middle of the room.
''What happened to you out there? You looked quite bad when I first saw you....''
''What? Oh right.... Well, the last thing I remember is being attacked by the Scourge up on that slope.... But it doesn't look like I remember it....''
''Ok.....'' Lork said while lighting the fire to cook the tea over.
''Well. You see. I'm a Frost Mage of the highest rank.... Well, was anyways, I sat in the High Council of Dalaran. And I was sent out to investigate a Scourge camp not far from here. But on the way I got assaulted by the Scourges minions.... They came from all sides.... Seeing as it was the only way out I unleashed a spell I was afraid of using because I knew of the repercussions. And apparently, just what I was afraid was going to happen happened....'' The man said while seemingly staring into a wall.
Lork, who immediately got interested because he always enjoyed stories while he was ''young'' forgot to put the kettle of water above the fire and sat down on a chair next to the man.
''What was this spell you unleashed?'' Lork said with growing enthusiasm.
''Well, you see.... It's a spell that completely eradicates everything around you.... But also at the cost of your own life.''
Lork looked baffled at the man ''But you're alive....''
''Almost... If I hadn't met you back there I probably would have gone back into the frozen state from which I recently returned from'' Then as if something had hit him in the back of the head he literally flew up from the chair.
Lork who thought the man was going to assault him threw himself towards the 1 and a half meter blue shimmering spear that hang on the wall and turned around to face his attacker. But all he found was the same bleak man he had met before on the mountain. The man turned towards Lork.
''Boy.... Get away from here now...''
''What? What are you talking about?''
''The Undeads.... If I survived that.... Then they must have as well....''
Lork suddenly recognized a foul stench he hadn't felt since the early days of his life. As the stench grew stronger he could feel the thudding of footsteps in the forest, it was almost as if the Legion was returning. Lork rushed straight to a seemingly usual part of the wall but as he touched it a door materialized where the wall had been. He opened and it and revealed a ''wardrobe'' with a bow and a Leather Armor. ''Ah.... Haven't used this in ages... Well, better hurry'' Lork said with a smirk on his lips.
''Hurry! They will soon be here!'' The man who Lork had forgot everything about suddenly exclaimed.
The man began weaving some kind of spell while Lork was trying to fit into his garment. The man released a spell and the air suddenly went cold and the walls seemed to turn into ice. ''That should hold them off for a while. Now hurry up! We need to get away from here fast!''
''Oh I'm not going anywhere! I've waited for this moment since.... Well, I don't know when! But oh I have waited!'' Lork said with an almost insane tint to his voice. As he turned towards the door and strapped on the quiver he also seemed like an entirely new man.... Not the young man that had sat there and listened to a story 2 minutes ago. ''Time to go banish some Undeads....''
The man who was completely baffled by the sudden change of personalities started towards the door. ''Oh no! You're not going to battle that! Not even ''I'' who is a High Ranking Frost mage could stand against that! And I doubt you can with anything but a worn out spear and an old withered bow. You're making me seem young with those things young man!''
''Human! Do you forget you're talking to an Elf? Our life span is 10 times as long as yours. You may have been frozen for 300 years but I am an Elf! I have probably lived longer then you ever will! This bow and this Spear has aided me against the Scourge more then once. If this is how I die I am glad, being able to stop this plague once and for all!''
The man adapted an expression of realization as he listened to the seemingly young elf standing in front of him.
''Then we probably have the same goal..''
------
Will be adding more to it tomorrow since I do not feel it is ready yet but I have lost all will to type anything at all from this.
Oh, another swede! Welcome!

But you'll want to expand on your intro a bit, it's a bit short and as we all know roleplaying is about writing, so get on it!
Ugh..... Writing stories..... I like roleplaying because it always takes new turns.... Planned roleplay is the most boring thing you can ever find..... Oh well. I'll get to it when I can be arsed to.
I suggest that is soon since the intro is what we judge players on when we decide if we want them on the server, or not.
Right I get that. I just think that roleplaying is about adapting to the situation around you and come up with a story fitting to it. But that's probably just me since I have never really played WoW RP. And only Warcraft RP.
It is, but that doesn't stop us from getting to know a bit about each other, does it now? This way we make sure that not just any asshat can come in and grief while we RP.
Hehe, I get you. This is probably the easier way.... But not the most efficient. And I'm almost the same. I am a hoster you see on Battle.net and I am probably the most strictest guy you will ever find there.... I just noticed something.... I have seriously overused Lorks name.