Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction for Surasanji
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: First, my name is David, I'm 26 years old and I've been roleplaying in various ways for well over a decade at this point, table top and Mushing primarily. I really enjoy roleplaying primarily which is why your everyday WoW doesn't really apply to me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States of America and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?: Warcraft has always been very interesting to me, and I played the RTS games. I always thought it be an interesting Roleplay world, as it had all the elements I tend to enjoy: Fantasy, High Adventure, Mythic Races in a Mythical world full of mystery and magic. Who doesn't like magic? Don't for a moment though think I'm an expert. Hardly, I'll be asking questions/looking stuff up all the time. Mine has mostly been a thematic interest, and not an actual fluff interest. (So far.)

What made you seek our server over others?: A friend of mine pointed me to servers like this one (but not this one) and I found my longing for RP overriding the want to run around and grind all day. This is the first RP server I came across, so- Why not give it a try?

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: I do admit to enjoying smaller role play groups a little more than a huge crowd. If only because I like the flow of a more intimate group. At the same time, I love to be part of a larger dynamic world. The actual theme of the RP, the setting- really doesn't matter. The only thing I absolutely require is the development of characters. The building of relationships and character growth is what makes great RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Honestly, I really don't have one. I can see myself liking all of them for various reasons. Part of that is I'm not very experienced with WoW as a game and don't yet know the feel. I see myself leaning towards a few: Forsaken and Blood Elves because of their themes of loss, something I enjoy from a character development direction. Orcs because honestly, I just love the Warcraft Orcs. They have a real Savage-Nobility feel to them that I just dig. Humans- You can't get rid of the human. Its the easiest to Roleplay from a position that I am, in fact, biologically identical to a human. I understand the human condition about as well as any human can, and see myself starting as a human over anything else.
As for Classes? I don't know! That's always been the hardest for me anyways. Character creation.

What are your expectations of this server?: I expect to be treated with dignity and respect, and for the people here to follow the rules in spirit. I also would love to get some great RP, though I suppose I can't make it an actual expectation.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Maturity. I've been Roleplaying online for a long time now. A mature playerbase can really change everything. Sure, Icly, you might be an immature d-bag, but if OOCLY you're a cool and collect adult with a mature outlook, people will like you. I can only hope to be mature in most of it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: "Oh." The man said, as he looked down at his stomach, at the strange bit of silver protruding from his belly. He reached down. Touched it- as if he'd never touched his stomach before. Lifted the bit of crimson to his nose and smelled it. What was this strange fluid? Blood? His blood? He couldn't be certain.

"Shhh," A voice from behind began, "Its cold, I know, but it'll all be over soon. Its nothing personal, just business. You're a good man, so I'm told. Love your family and all that. And a remarkable business man..."

Something Flashed. Something inside him- even as he looked at the red staining his finger-tips. It was an uncomfortable heat around the cold draining feeling that had begun to fill his body. And something else. Longing- an incredible longing that words could never express. It quickly overcame that hot flash. It overcame what little pain had spread from back to front and up and down his body. His children... His daughter- he'd never dance at her wedding. Never see her a bride. His Son. Never would he know his boy as a man. Never would he see grandchildren, or his wife?

"What. Nothing to say as you die? Just Oh? Those will be your last words? You are draining of color now. Won't be Lon..."

Darkness.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: I don't have anything now. But I do hope that story is well enough written to allow further access, should we decide we all work well together.
It was a nice little story, welcome to the server!