Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rosestarwhip!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am the end result of a mean Tetris player and a Trekkie, as well as a student in High School--tenth grade, as of the end of this summer vacation--and have been gaming since.. Well, quite a long time. I`ve played quite a few failpaigns (as opposed to a campaign) in Dungeons and Dragons; though most of my roleplaying experience comes from forum roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I hail from the U.S. of A, and speak just English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft itself I found via my brother, who had played WC2; World of Warcraft was the same, as were actually all Blizzard games.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The promise of mature, fun, roleplay mostly; as well as a new experience to (hopefully) enjoy.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer to roleplay with smaller groups of people, about three to five-ish, as it helps me keep up and focused, as well as be able to center attention more effectively--I`ll admit I`m horrible at paying attention to a lot of people at once.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love the Forsaken the most; besides their awesome capital city, their story and overall demeanor greatly appeal to me. As for class, I find hunters and druids to be quite fun to play; however, when playing my favorite race--Forsaken--I like being a warrior.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Overall, just mature and literate roleplay, and a decent lacking of the morons that frustrate me so often in other roleplay settings.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
All of them appeal to me greatly--being that I`ve had a bit of experience in rule-enforcing positions, I appreciate seeing a good list of appropriate, simple, hardly arguable rules. They make sense to me, and thus I can support and follow them to the best of my neutrally good-aligned ability.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Her heart thudded, deafening, as she ran. It was all she could do to keep going, her feet pounding away at the cobblestones, her breath coming in ragged gasps. She had been running for only fifteen or so minutes, but the fear coursing through her made the time seem to stretch on for hours.
In her mind, Roseanne could only think of where the next corner to turn, the next lamppost to skirt, the next pile of crates to hop over, was; she didn`t know who or what her pursuer was, or even why she was being chased in the first place, and didn`t dare turn her head in her flight to check. Every flickering shadow her widened eyes saw made her twitch or tense, another possible enemy ready to jump out at her. This was a time for her to give thanks to her messenger duties; from running all over the city on a daily basis for the past month and a half, Rose knew almost every alley, every twist, every turn, like she knew the face she saw in the mirror each morning.
The next turn she took stopped her in her tracks, for it was a dead-ended alley. When did this get here? she thought, panicking. She had been so sure in her step, so attentive to the direction she ran. But now there was no escape, her pursuer`s footsteps sounding closer and closer. Closing her eyes, she steeled herself, waiting for just the right moment.. And then she struck, turning around and tackling the slender, black-garbed man behind her. Her fist propelled towards his face, stopping only seconds before impact as she recognized the mischievous green eyes and lopsided grin.
“Aleister! What the hell are you doing?” she said, twitching slightly. She had been running away from him this entire time?! The thought made her really want to kick him where it would hurt the most. The male merely grinned, pushing her fist aside.
“Well, don`t you look happy t` see me, Rosey.”
“Happy? I just ran halfway across the city like a drunken looby because of you!”
“Ah, me `n Rak thought it`d do you some good, since you`ve been so down acos` of the work being so boring.”
Roseanne sighed, facepalming in frustration. While she could appreciate the reasons behind it, having been made to run for her life was not on the list of things she wanted to do before she died. Standing up, she held her hand out for him to grab, pulling him up. “Thank you, then, you bloody fool. Come on, let`s get going before Ali eats all the good stuff.” she told him, and the two set off for their usual gathering place, trading friendly jests and insults along the way.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have actually never roleplayed on World of Warcraft; however, I learn fast, so I`m hoping to add it (and many memorable events of roleplaying on it) to my list of roleplaying experiences. I hope that`s okay~
That's all right, we've all been new to various mediums and worlds before!

Welcome to the server.