Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Physican Kuth Sufferthorn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: I never had any real obsession with MMORPG's or Role-playing for that matter. I used to talk leet speak, until I realised that there is more to the English language than simple "Omg, lol wtf r u doing?" phrases - I am a very proud player. I would like to think I was kind, generous and reserved. I tend to stay out of in game conflicts and I feel I would be a fine asset to Conquest of the Horde. As far as gaming history goes, I started off with a playstation 2 and Spyro, the infamous kid dragon. Those were the days! I then moved towards more violent games, Manhunt, Grand Theft Auto and suchlike. Finally, I moved towards RPG's – like Oblivion, on the Xbox 360, Morrowind on the PC. Ultimately leading to my discovery of Azeroth. I have been playing World of Warcraft for almost three years this September '09 and I can say with confidence; it is the best damn game I have ever played! I want to join a server of mature, sensible and friendly people - judging on some of these server applications, I think I will enjoy my stay on Conquest of the Horde if I get accepted.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I come from Belfast, Ireland and I speak English, Irish Gaelic, and I also studied Spanish for five years in college. To confirm, my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?: I had a cousin, who was about ten or eleven used to insist that I get the game and play with him, at the time I had no idea what it was about. So, the little bugger pressured me one more time to get it, and I did. I was reluctant at first, but in time I grew into it. I am not an addict, honest!

What made you seek our server over others?: To be honest, many of the other roleplaying private servers I searched for, had no real sense of maturity and self-pride. For example, many of the servers I inspected did not require forum applications to join the server - sure, it was tempting, but I knew I wanted to find a server where the GM's did not allow any old gamer onto the server. I stumbled across Conquest of the Horde, and voila! I signed up, set it as my Homepage on my Internet browser and I really hope to get playing on it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
That is a tough question, I spent two years of my time in World of Warcraft (retail) roleplaying in Silvermoon City. I then concluded that the majority of people in Silvermoon were unable to roleplay. In a final strive before quitting retail WoW, I decided to forge a guild. I called it, <The Tirisfal Council> - I aimed to take the quality roleplayers from Silvermoon outside the flamboyant, fake and vampire-frenzied city to more remote locations. From a remote mountain in the Barrens, to a cove on the edge of the misty lands of Tirisfal. I wanted to show others that roleplaying is not about showing off your skills to the overly-crowded inexperienced people around you in Silvermoon; but exploring the true beauty of the game, through the medium of words, language and lore.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: I was born to play Undead. Nothing else. I love the persona, lore and myth that engulfs the Forsaken race. My favorite class is rogue, no doubt. The rogue class fits the Undead race perfectly. The help of stealth creates a great sense of excitement in the game. Especially, when it comes to roleplaying.

What are your expectations of this server?: I expect a server with a tag that says: "Quality, not quantity" - a server of mature, decent and well-to-be people. My expectations are limited at the moment, but I think I'm in for a treat if I get accepted.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Maturity. I feel I will live up to this rule and respect it completely; along with the others, ofcourse. Also, the 'Typing skills' rule will be quite easy for me too. I have excelled in typing over the years of playing WoW and I type with confidence. I am never out of character, unless requested. I hate to us OOC chat, so abiding the rules will be no problem for me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: A placid townsland, called Brill, buried deep in the heart of the Tirisfal Glades was to play host to a most auspicious and insidious character this evening; Physician Kuth Sufferthorn of Lordaeron.
Yvette Farthing and her brother Coleman were preparing an almost delicious darkhound bourguignon in the back of Gallows' End Tavern. Yvette, quite unlike her brother was slow, paced and careful. Placing the meat in the bubbling cauldron with an almost carefree attitude. She stirred the huge cauldron full of batwings and murloc blood, her rugged bones poking out through the ends of her worn robe. She sighed, her brother was being a pest; as per usual.

Coleman Farthing was a frantic, careless inhabitant of Brill - an embarrassment to the Farthing family and most of all a menace to the local stable master, Morganus and his precious forsaken horses – constantly borrowing his horses and riding them to the ruins of Lordaeron to meet with his “brethren” in the sewers. Coleman was an initiate of the Tirisfal Council (a secret society of Tirisfal); they used him to spy on the Scarlet Crusaders. The sad thing was he knew it. Back at the Inn, Coleman hissed and grunted as his sister, almost motherly, corrected him for putting the ghoul's snare in with the devils grout. “Ah, gerrof me you old hag. You're nothin' but a measly sister always getting her way!” Coleman bellowed, as he stormed out the door of the Kitchen. Yvette was furious, and swiftly swished her wand aiming at Coleman's feet. He didn't make it through the door. He was rooted to the spot by an earthbound spell. Yvette was a powerful warlock for her age, and her good-for-nothing brother knew it.

The spell wore off as Yvette lost interest, and Coleman was given a monotonous task of collecting stormweed for the forest. Coleman huffed and sighed as he walked up to the Agamand Mills, in search of stormweed. Coleman was equipped with a bucket, a cutting utensil and a lantern. He sang songs and riddles as he ventured across the small, dirt-trodden road engulfed in dark looming forest. It was only when he faced a six-foot gravedigger that he realised he had off tracked almost a thousand feet off the road. Coleman dropped his lantern; the gravedigger looked up and let out a horrid blood-curdling scream. Coleman fell to the ground, petrified. He looked up; the gravedigger was tumbling towards him like an Orc swinging his shovel menacingly. Coleman closed his eyes and trembled. Hoping.

“Back off you wretched beast!” – A voice echoed from the shadows. Coleman looked around, as did the gravedigger. Curiously they waited. The gravedigger dropped to the ground as a tall, skeleton figure suddenly appeared behind it in a cloud of mist. The tall, masked figure walked slowly over to Coleman. The moonlight revealed the saviours face. “Greetings Coleman, long way from home aren't we?” Kuth Sufferthorn said with a kind glint in his eye...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: The above story is a section from the book I am currently writing. If you are interested to find out more, please feel free to email me, or if I get accepted in game.

*Edit* I am trying to connect to the server, I followed the instructions and still I am having trouble. Do I have to downgrade my patches? I am running on 3.1.3.9947 in the European servers. If I have to downgrade, is it hard? how do I do it? Apologies if this is all mentioned in a post somewhere on the forums, but I am not very good with forums.
sonofmaurice Wrote:*Edit* I am trying to connect to the server, I followed the instructions and still I am having trouble. Do I have to downgrade my patches? I am running on 3.1.3.9947 in the European servers. If I have to downgrade, is it hard? how do I do it? Apologies if this is all mentioned in a post somewhere on the forums, but I am not very good with forums.

I'm not sure myself, I've never had to downgrade but this should help you out I believe.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8623

Other than that welcome to the server!
Thankyou, i'm setting CoTH as my homepage to ensure I will not forget about it - although I am unable to join the server, because when I downgrade it will not let me log in. So, I'm afraid I will have to wait until the server upgrades or I can find a way to fix it.

I am glad to be accepted, gives me great pleasure.
Have you created an account? If so, I recommend posting in the technical forums just to see if you can fix the problem.
I'll do that, and hopefully get an answer - do you know when the server will be updated, or are you waiting on a release for the emulators?