Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Man Called Lowel: An Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Samuel and I am an experienced gamer looking to enjoy some downtime rp'ing with new and exciting people, I pride myself on being a simple, easy going guy who likes to have fun and write and create (which is why I'm drawn to RP in the first place)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States of America, I live in the state of Illinois, in a sunny little town called Palos Heights, I love the place and wouldn't change it for the world. I speak the kings English and have some experience with Spanish, and Arabic because of work.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well its one of those "Everyone Else Is Doing It" tales, my buddies all got on the band wagon at the same time and damn near begged me to join, I hopped on their server which was PVP and a mistake for a rookie and then promptly placed myself in a little RP server called Silverhand to learn the game figuring that an RP server isn't PVP by design, has a smaller population meaning lower competition for drops and resources, and I figured that the smaller population would be compromised of more mature, active players, than the 8th grade gank fest of Leeroy Jenkins wanna be's spamming the chat channels with Chuck Norris jokes.

I was glad my experiment paid off and I called silverhand my home for over 2 years. When I graduated however I found myself having less time to play and less desire as I watched my beloved server turn into a never ending quest to get the next tier drop to make you marginally better than the next guy to win a arbitrary pvp award. I withdrew from the game shortly thereafter.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I came back to WOW after the release of Burning Crusade looking to see what it had to offer and was sad to see little had changed, now I find myself wanting to return to the game but I want to do it on my terms and play my way, I want a serious community dedicated to having fun and being creative, I think I have found that here, and I hope to join you all as you go on your adventures and build a world worth playing in.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I can't even begin to tell you how many nights I spent prolonging leveling to spend time in Goldshire meeting new people and just talking and sharing their story with them, I find I am most at home when I am carving a name for myself out of the world, then just merely following a set path of zones designed to get that 0-70 push done.

You ever hear of the Novus Ordo? I started a RP guild to try and do this, based on the ideas of brotherhood, justice, and knowledge. We traveled the world righting wrongs, exploring the past, and doing it as a game family, sadly it collapsed when the other players like me got tired of a world we were loosing a place in and left. I fought necromancers in the catacombs beneath the temple of the light, explored uldaman in pursuit of the makers, and integrated out of the way places like ravenloft and the unmarked tomb in the badlands into a epic story that involved many players and resulted in hours of fun.

Be it small intimate gatherings, or large epic journeys, I am at home and love being involved in RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have always been a human because being one myself, I find it helps me get into and relate to my character, we are race with hopes and dreams, capable of great understanding but also great flaws, it is the human desire to live and learn and adapt that make them most enticing to me, but I view all other races with dignity and respect, the horde is very similar to the alliance, just people trying to survive.

Class wise I prefer the warrior, the ability to use many different types of armor and weapons appeals to me as they serve as powerful tools in some stories, and fit my template of a lone wanderer learning about the past to fight the evils of today. However my guilty pleasure is the paladin, when I feel the impulse to be the champion of justice staring evil in the face and laughing because the light will always shine through the darkness.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect that the players will be mature responsible adults interested in integrating the amazing world around them into the game instead of just grinding your way through the days until you hit 70 and start over again, the character you build you should have a vested interest in. Who are they? where do they come from? why do they do what they do? these are the kinds of things an MMORPG wants you to decide, but sadly retail WOW in many instances simply becomes a MMO and looses its RPG roots.

I think in its design and function this server will be a RPG and that the roles we play will lead to a more meaningful and enriching experience.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Godmoding!

Like I said earlier, this is and should be a game with a story to tell and care about, not some lame attempt to string people along and make them marginally more powerful than the next guy for bragging rights, the character may have the best gear but his ego and lack of relation to his fellow man does not a god make.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(Enclosed is the tale of Lowel from the old SilverHand server, I am sorry if it isn't lore friendly, but it is what I attempted while the rest of the server was lacking in many regards.)

"The story of Paulus Lowel is one of tragedy and loss but also of hope and possibility, but to understand the man he is you have to understand the road that was traveled to get here.

Paulus was born into a poor family in Lordaeron, long before the Scourge was even thought to be a possibility, in a time of relative peace and presumed safety. When we was just seven years old, Paulus's father Garret moved the family to the Hinterlands for what should have been an opportunity of a lifetime, a chance to run a logging camp, harvesting the rich timber of the Hinterlands. Life was good for many months, the food and luck was plentiful and the Lowel family was on its way to the riches that had eluded them for so long.

But sadly, there dreams of riches and prosperity would never come to fruition. One night as they slept soundly in their beds, the Vilebranch trolls raided their camp, killing many and taking Paulus and several other children as food and sacrifices. Paulus spent several days trapped in a small wooden cage watching as his friends were taken away to be consumed or slaughtered to appease the trolls foul gods. When the day came that only Paulus and his friend Mathias remained, fate intervened, in the form of the Wildhammer Clan.

Angered over the destruction of native gryphons and hostilities, the Wildhammer Clan established a raiding party to Jintha'alor a raiding party that happened upon Paulus and Mathias. Taken to the safety of Aerie Peak, Paulus spent several years living amongst the Dwarves, learning of their history and their ways, Paulus became an accepted member of the clan and thrived in the valley that had claimed so many of his friends, and his entire family.

However when the Scourge arrived in Lordaeron, the Wildhammer decided it best that the human return to his people, Paulus traveled by caravan and arrived for the first time in Stormwind. It was here that Paulus finished his martial training and found his first job as a miner collecting ore from nearby villages and refining in in the Dwarven district. However it was a trip with his friends on his 18th birthday to Ironforge that would change his life forever.

Surrounded by the history of the Dwarves and the technology of the Gnomes, Lowel found that his mind was expanding like his body, it was here that Lowel made the decision to balance the warrior with the poet, learning all he could about science and engineering as well as history, Lowel left Ironforge with the wisdom and skills needed to unlock the secrets of the past and the universe and put them to work for the good of the alliance.

Lowel is now equally at home in a library, lab, or crypt as he is on the battlefield. The war against the Scourge is hard, but the knowledge in his head may one day make it easier. Lowel is easily identified by the belt full of useful gadgets he wears around his waist and the Dwarven cigar he is often seen smoking, he carries with him the blade known as Destiny as a reminder of just that, to be a human who takes the challenges of the world around him, and turns them into possibilities"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I just want it to be known that I work in Law Enforcement so my schedule can change constantly and without warning, while I am committed to playing and enjoying, there will be times when I may not be logged on for a few days at a time, this is perfectly normal and I promise I will always come back with a good story!
sboyle1 Wrote:I fought necromancers in the catacombs beneath the temple of the light, explored uldaman in pursuit of the makers, and integrated out of the way places like ravenloft and the unmarked tomb in the badlands into a epic story that involved many players and resulted in hours of fun.

Ahh an adventurer eh? Well I like all of that digging up history and exploring caverns type roleplay myself.

Welcome to the server! Feel free to PM with any questions you might have.