Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Novitas's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well met. My name is Novitas. Thank you for the opportunity to join you....

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
-I feel games (especially MMORPGs) are an excellent way for us to not only take a break from everyday life, but to add content to our lives. When I refer to my character in World of Warcraft, I refer to him as myself. I am a human Deathknight. I feel that games like WoW need to be played in character at all times. I feel that anyone who plays out of character is disgracing the game. None of the NPCs are out of character, so why should the players be? The developers of WoW were very careful to stay true to their own universe. For example, Undercity sits below the very city that its inhabitants used to live in (Lorderon). I would very much like to be a part of your server, as I feel it would give me a chance to play the game the way it was meant to be played, without the no-RPers messing it up.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

United States

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started with World of Warcraft simply because it was the best MMORPG on the market. However, I noticed that ingrained in the game was a rich storyline that I wanted to learn. So I got Warcraft III and learned the back story. For the part of the story that Warcraft III doesn't cover, I read it on the internet.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I did a google server for "Private RP Server"

What kinds of role play do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern role play. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
Action RPing is the funnest for me. The idea of riding my horse through the valley with dozens of other warriors is very exciting to me when it is tied into a RP situation.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Human. The human race is proud and tenacious (to quote from the open cinematic). The Human race produced Arthas, my favorite character. I don't enjoy the idea of being a savage in the horde. While I understand that the Horde are not "Mindless" savages, they still live like they are camping, not living. Of course the Blood Elves would not fit this description, but they came on the scene after I bound myself to the human race.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to have an experience that I couldn't have on the official server. I expect GMs to provide unique game content.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

I appreciate that you require all players to understand the history of Azeroth. This is an example of a unique gaming experience. Blizzard can't expect everyone to care about the lore of WoW, but you guys can!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I consider myself to be a creative person, but storytelling is not my specialty. I work better in the moment. Put me in a RP situation in the game and you will not be dissappointed. My character has no especially unique back story, other than he admired Arthas all throughout his life and was heartbroken when he betrayed his people.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

There are a few things I think Blizzard can improve upon. I hope you guys will be able to do this with this server:
1. Riding mounts: I think it is cheesy to have the character "summon" the horse. It is much more realistic to use the kind of mount (vehicle) that was introduced with the WotLK expansion, where you jump on an already existing horse. Also this gives the ability to fight while still mounted.
2. In addition to having the vehicle style mount for the flying mount as well, I would also like to have the flying mounts work in Azeroth. I understand that a lot of Azeroth is not developed to allow flight, but I think that we the players can just avoid those areas. I consider Stormwind to be my home and I'm disappointed that my flying mount only works in Outland and Northrend, 2 places that are far from home.
3. Making money other than fighting. People hold jobs to make money, They don't go out and kill Defias member hoping the will drop some copper. I would like a more realistic way of making money. Perhaps NPCs can pay more for created items. This way a person could make a living as a blacksmith or a tailor.