Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introductions: Harrman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

Gah, never been good at these... But here goes.

I've been a more or less dedicated roleplayer for several years now. What really got me into roleplaying was Ultima Online and its many, many free shards. I'm still a huge fan of UO and no matter how many times I quit playing that game I always find myself browsing the pages of my old rp shards, craving for more. Probably thanks to this friend of mine who introduced me to UO I've ever since had problems playing (online) games the "normal" way. Since then I've done rp'ing on RPI-MUDs, forums, various online games etc. It just gives you so much more when playing with feeling than just grinding your way through every obstacle you happen to come across. So, as a player I seek more good times and experiences than just the rewards that come in shapes of levels and such. There.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I am from Finland and speak primarily Finnish. I can utter a few phrases in English, too, but it's far from fluent. So, beware.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've been a fan of Warcraft since the release of Orcs and Humans something like 15(?) years ago. I was more interested in the game itself than the lore back then, but today it's pretty much vice versa, really.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Anything to get away from those official "rp"-servers. Overhearing conversations like
- Hi, have you had a nice day?
- Yes, thanks. I've been having fun slaughtering convicts in the stockades all day.
made me think about looking for something more... proper. Yours seems like a truly classy one, so I thought to myself, "damn!"

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

When I first started rp'ing I was more action inclined player with fighter characters and all. Nowadays I rank words over blades in my list for means of communication. Group, pair, solo, fighting, talking... I'm good with all, really. Maybe not good at, but anyway.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favourite race tends to be human. Not sure why, but no matter what game I play I always choose humies. Maybe it's because I've always considered the human lore better thought out and more realistic than any other on those shards, servers, whatelse I've been roleplaying on during all these years. Dunno, maybe it's easier for me that way. Easier to sink into. Gah, I don't know. I'm just a human lover.

I'm more of a support type player, so favourite class is a ranged one. Healing is always fun fun fun, but I'm more than happy to play a ranged death dealer, too.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Like others have already said, I expect quality roleplaying with a warm and welcoming community of fun and mature people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

It was good to see a short paragraph about humility. Something that should be mentioned as a guideline or a general rule in every roleplaying guidebook there is.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Is he dead?"
"I'm not sure. He certainly smells like it."
"And looks like it, too. What do you think?"
"Better safe than sorry, I always say. We'd better heave him over the wall before he starts spreading some disease to the passing folk."
An agreeing grunt.
"Right, then. Grab him by the ankles. Ready? One, two, three..."

Connor opened his eyes and gasped for air as two pairs of strong hands lifted his light body easily off the ground, one pair holding him from the ankles and another pair from the armpits. Shouts of surprise - in nearly perfect unison - escaped the lips of the two as Connor started kicking and trashing about violently, causing the two to release their grip from him. A short moment of free fall followed.

Yelping as the back of his head struck the cold rocks, Connor curled up into a tight ball, shielding his spinning head with his arms and hands. Behind the numbness and the floating stars he could hear the two men cursing aloud somewhere to his sides, their voices tight. Something about a surprise and someone wetting something.

Paying little attention to anything else than himself Connor nursed his aching head with his jaw clenched shut and eyes tightly closed. After a short while, more feeling than seeing the two coming closer and leaning over him, Connor loosened his shielding grip and rolled on his back. Looking up, blinking his watery eyes, he noticed two dark figures looming over him. The stunned expression on his face made the two crack crooked smiles at him.

"So, it is alive after all," said one of the figures.
"Who would've guessed," commented the other, adding, "considering the smell and all."
The first one barked a short laughter. "Nearly tossed a sleeper down to the moat, we did."
The other figure chuckled too, a dry and unamused sort of a chuckle. "Wouldn't have made a difference, really. Just look at him." The man waved a hand over Connor. "How ragged can one look," he said, his voice filled with disgust.

Connor, face frozen in an expression filled with dumbfoundedness, stared between the two figures, searching for words. He was slowly recognizing the pair to be guards of the city of Stormwind, but it was hard to tell against the sunlight that shone behind their backs. Moving a hand to shield his eyes, Connor started weakly, "I... I'm..."

The first guard cut in. "Indeed you are. The problem is that you're not supposed to."
"But I've..." Connor muttered.
"No reason to be here, boy," added the other guard fluently, remains of disgust lingering in his voice. "We've had enough of you lot here, littering the corners of rich district."
"Indeed," agreed the first guard, nodding.
"But I... but I've..." Connor tried again, his boggled mind trying to break through the remains of sleep and confusion.
"Delayed two guards on their patrol long enough," marked the first guard, ending Connor's sentence swiftly. A hint of irritation had crept into his voice. "Now listen, lad. We ain't got all day, so here's how it goes. One," the guard lifted one finger, showing it to Connor, "you walk away on your own feet and be happy about it. Two..."

*and the curtain falls, concealing the end of this act due to writer's inability to finish it properly right now*

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

I must have seen it somewhere around here, but which version of WoW do you require? Wotlk or BC patched to x?
To answer to your question, you require WotLK 3.0.8/3.0.9, I think. Welcome to the server!
Greetings, Harrman.

To add to Dilnikas' post. You can always patch BC up to 3.0.8a or 3.0.9 without WotLK and PM Kretol, so that he can set your account to TBC.

I hope you enjoy your time and roleplay here at Conquest of the Horde! Good luck.
( Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. )