Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Pre-Introduction question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read the stickies and the FAQ's and a few of the approved and archived intros. What I didn't see are many intros that have to do with evil or malicious characters. Are these not allowed? I would hate to be denied because I chose the wrong alignment. Or as the sticky put it "not fit in." The closest thing I saw to a vicious character was Trine. Though I admit it wasn't an exhausted search of all intros.

The reason I ask is my favored character is a human Warlock, and although there are such things as good warlocks, those should be the exception, not the rule. As such my warlock isn't overly stab-the-children-in-their-sleep evil, but does take a large measure of enjoyment, watching his enemies writhe in pain, as he rips their screaming souls from their bodies, and feeding them to his ... "pets."

So you see, I can create a knight in shining armor, or a warrior of pride. Even a warlock fighting vainly against his curse, knowing his soul is tainted but wanting to do as much good in the world as he can before succumbing. If this kind of character is preferred, let me know. Otherwise I would be relieved to enjoy a more... acquired taste in RP.

Virtually yours;

Loadstone
Oh, no. You can only play good-aligned characters! /end sarcasm.

You can play malicious characters all good and well, just don't create one that's sole purpose is to kill everyone. Character death is cool and all, but. . . Don't make it their object in life though, ja know?
To back up what Cressy said (AKA She posted just before I did! >.<) It is also suggested that you not go full blown evil from the start or full blown good for that matter, try somewhere in between neutral and evil first, your character can always change as time goes on. :)
Any alignment is allowed, though we recommend that new players avoid the "chaotic" form of alignment, example provided in the quote below.

Quote:Chaotic Evil

Chaotic Evil is referred to as the "Destroyer" or "Demonic" alignment. Characters of this alignment tend to have little respect for rules, other peoples' lives, or anything but their own selfish desires. They typically only behave themselves out of fear of punishment. *[16]

Chaotic Evil/Diabolic Characters will:

1. Rarely keep his word (and has no honor).
2. Lie to and cheat anyone.
3. Most certainly attack and kill an unarmed foe.
4. Use, hurt and kill an innocent without a second thought or for pleasure.
5. Use torture for pleasure and information.
6. Kill for sheer pleasure.
7. Likely to help someone only to kill or rob him.
8. Not work well within a group (consistently disregarding orders to do as he pleases).
9. Despise honor, authority, and self-discipline.
10. Associate mostly with other evil alignments.
11. Betray friends (after all, you can always find friends). [17]

N.B. The unfortunate issue with Chaotic Evil characters is they're nearly impossible to play due to their very natures. Tabletop GMs feel these are more suited to NPC characters than to players as this sort of alignment is very two dimensional and exists only for the purpose of controlling stories behind the scenes or as something for characters to team up against to fight.
Quote:Chaotic Neutral

Chaotic Neutral is called the "Anarchist" or "Free Spirit" alignment. A character of this alignment is an individualist who follows his or her own heart, shirks rules and traditions. Chaotic neutral characters believe that there is no order to anything, including their own actions. With this as a guiding principle, they tend to follow whatever whim strikes them at the moment. Good and evil are irrelevant when making a decision. Chaotic neutral characters are extremely difficult to deal with. Such characters have been known to cheerfully and for no apparent purpose gamble away everything they have on the roll of a single die. They are almost totally unreliable. In fact, the only reliable thing about them is that they cannot be relied upon!

Chaotic Neutral/Anarchist Characters Will:

1. May keep his word.
2. Lie and cheat if he feels it necessary.
3. Not likely to kill an unarmed foe, but will certainly knockout, attack, or beat up an unarmed foe.
4. Never kill an innocent (but may harm or kidnap).
5. Not likely to help someone without some ulterior motive (even if it's only to show-off).
6. Seldom kill for pleasure.
7. Use torture to extract information (not likely to torture for pleasure).
8. Does not work well in a group (this is the cocky loudmouth who is likely to do as he damn well pleases).
9. Have little respect for self-discipline or authority.
10. May betray a friend. *[12]

N.B. This alignment is perhaps the most difficult to play. Lunatics and madmen tend toward chaotic neutral behavior. These are the Jack Sparrows of the roleplaying world...yet again, can be very difficult to play as they are unpredictable, unreliable, untrustworthy, and tend to only be the "crazy comic relief" characters in gaming.
Thank you just the sort of information I need. I will get started on my introduction right away. I will be using a favored character of mine. The Human warlock I mentioned. In the rules for naming, it is stated that I can not use cannons, or names of famous people/characters. My characters name is in reference to cannons, and is identical to historical fictional character, would the name Genji be approved, full name Genji Akuma, VERY loosely translated meaning (prince devil)? Its the translation that I seek not any reference to the womanizing Japanese lord in the 11th century story by Murasaki Shikibu The tale of Genji. I thank you for allyour responces please let me know.
I am fairly sure that names like that would not be allowed on CoTH, make up your own name for the character, it's more fun. :D
Aye, I'd recommend using a name that makes sense within the setting, Japan never existed in WoW so a human with an "asian" sounding name looks pretty. Nevermind Blizzards joke and references like Woo Ping.

If you want a character with a more asian/samurai/whatever style I'd suggest rolling an Orc warrior, they have a lot in common with samurai and as we can see on many of the named orcs have names to fit it too. Samuro, Akinos, Mazuru, Yozshura, Daisho and Kigami to name a few blademasters.
What do you mean you haven't seen malicious characters?! :o
Feast yer eyes upon these matey. :mrgreen:

- Into the Maw of Chaos (trouble in the King's lands)
- Trouble in Elwynn

And I'm sure there's a lot more. :twisted:
Intro posted, thanks for all your help and advice. The hardest part was thinking up a new name for a beloved character. Hope to see you all in game.