Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Loadstone's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello everyone, I am a fat and happy father of three. My wife and I are avid role players, and have done all sorts of RPing from table top D&D to online MMORPGs such as this one. I would have her apply too but our second computer is down and a new one doesn't seem in the cards for a long while. OOCly I'm a friendly, easy-going guy, who would happily chat with anyone. ICly I prefer social contrasts and anti-heroes, a charming and a flirtatious warlock, an devious and slightly mad gnome demolitionist bent on taking down the alliance, (think 1970's cartoon bad guys, wide handle bar mustache, monologging about their plans, tossing round bombs that go poof and make everyone's faces black with soot but do little real damage), and a Dwarven paladin that refuses to kill, punching his foes to unconsciousness.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
California, America. English. That's a pretty simple question to answer.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Long history, all the way back to junior high where I was too young to play it, though I watched and drooled all over my dad's shoulder as he did. Later got the Playstation version of Warcaft 2 and 2.5 and played the heck out of it. Tsgddytd and glttrngprz were my favorite words (odd reference to PS version. of Warcraft cheat codes had no vowels). I was a starving student while Warcraft 3 was out and couldn't get it. *cries* Though in 2004 I did get World of Warcraft and lost all contact to real life friends for about a year and half. Since then I have been on and off World of Warcraft, and although I have played the game since 2004 I have never reached a single level cap. I took my time, enjoyed exploring, role played (such as you can in retail, that rp environment is laughable) and just played. I never grind, I hate it, its boring, and no real rp reason for a character to do so. I did finally buy warcraft 3 and enjoyed every minute of it. Finally provided me with the background lore I was missing.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Did a search on RP chat, found you guys under Role play, at first thought it was chat board. More then happy to see it is a private server. I have tried many times to role play on the retail server; the only way to do it is in a heavy rp alliance. Only problem with that is they are few and far between and almost never very full, most people leave at a certain level to get into an instance guild or what not.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I have taken on many different types of roleplay, and love them all dearly. From relaxing social roleplay like a tavern, to thrilling epic battles, to political intrigue and back stabbing politics of court and royalty, there is no genre of Role play (that I know of, someone surprise me :D) that I haven't tried and loved. I have been role playing since NES, and have done many different types, including table top D&D, online chat room RP, RP video games, MMORPGs, and role playing within those MMORPGs (had a wife and 2 kids in Final Fantasy 11.) I have tried on a number of occasions to Rp in World of Warcraft retail version, and other than games between my wife and my brother, the role play has been few and far between. I did get the interesting opportunity to do Table Top Warcraft Role Play, which was interesting having 3rd edition D&D rules adapted to the Warcraft Lore and setting. That and it was just fun to play a murloc. :D

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favored race is hard to pin down, it would be toss between Orc, tauren and blood elf. I like all the rest of the races, they all have their good points and a few bad ones. But the struggle to over come their Savage natures and their hunt for honor and glory make the orcs a character race with a lot of depth and challenge to them. The proud and mighty tauren have beautiful contrast to them, though they are huge lumbering beasts, they are soft spoken, gentle and loving, respectful of the nature that provides for them. Though they have just three hooved fingers you can't ask for gentler healing hands, or a firmer warrior's grip. Lastly the blood elves, they are, well mind the language, just bad a$$es. They are haughty, noble and better then thou. Have you heard their emotes? Its like “pretty boys” meets merciless killers. I say they make the best villains or wicked characters. Classes, warlock, hands down my absolute favorite class. There is something just so deliciously evil about casting a spell to cause pain, fire and death, then just sitting back letting the minions do all the work as you happily suck up their essence. Not to mention their wild sadomasochistic natures if you ever get them going. The other classes may be fun, but nothing else tickles the little devil inside me like the warlock.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect some RP for once. I have tried countless times to get involved in an rp in the retail servers. It is either too hard, too few or too stupid. (Some people just should not try to role play.) I had once taken the time and effort to fathom an alliance wide Rp that was for once a decent in game story that didn't clash with the lore too much and provided an even spread of challenge to all our levels. It was a multipart story that even included some guild verses guild pvp combat, where if you were defeated by a member of the opposing guild, you were actually “infected” and had to switch guilds and hunt their former buddies. It was a great plot if I so humbly admit. :P But sadly, it never came to be. I had to move and the leader didn't run it without me. :'(

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Most of the rules are your standard “there is more then one of you so play nice rules.” It is the ones that specifically involve role playing that I like. Being humble, this isn't YOUR game is all ours, the no GRAND DEPARTURES, seriously annoying those are, and the all the generally RP themed rules, It is refreshing that the server moderators take a stand on some RP Etiquette.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Interview with Soleiris, warlock.

Greetings friends and family, such a beautiful day isn't it? Then again every day here in Darkshire is a beautiful day. It is a wonderful day to tell a story like mine. Oh you hear my neighbors, the wolf-man like Worgen? Don't be alarmed my faithful Voidwalker Graz'rath is guarding the door. So pull up a chair and relax my friends. Are you chilly? One moment please and I shall start a fire... There we are, the flames of hell that I have earned mastery off are quite useful. Now all cozy, excellent. Shall we begin then?

Two years before the tragedy struck star-crossed Darkshire. I was in Westfall learning rudimentary sword play. I was to join the ranks of proud Stormwind solders during the Alliance and Horde cease fire. I was training in preparation for the “inevitable day” when the horde will betray us and attack. Ha! Such hypocrisy, Stormwind will destroy itself from the inside out.

I digress; it was the final days of my training that I met her. Rackel, whose fiery personality and love of red cloth gave her the nick ‘Lady Firehawk.' It was a silly nick but she loved it. And I loved her, each evening after training I would come to her and in mimic of the fools in Stormwind, bow to her and address her as ‘M'lady.' And I was ‘Lord Soleiris' to her, and as lord and lady to each other, we lived. Even though I made only a modest living, to each other we were King and Queen. The greatest moment of my life came when I received great news, I was approved for the purchase of a home in what is now Darkshire, and we shall be having a young prince.

If only that moment in time froze, or if only I hadn't accepted that assignment, but a whole day can be spent listing ‘if onlys.' The fact is it happened. I was away on assignment during the fateful final days of my wife and child. The exact occurrence is even unknown to me. The fact that their gravestones lie on empty graves, etched quickly like they had no time or body to burry, only serves to hide their fate from me. Were they eaten by the worgen, ravaged by undead? I may never know. I have searched Darkshire from shore to mountain tip, fearing the next walking corpse to be theirs', the next worgen covered in their blood.

It was during my search at the height of my despair that Mordianus, a warlock, found me in a crumpled heap by the road, pitifully sobbing. In a tone cold and uncaring he instructed me to stand up and in his stern voice and manner he told me that I was a wreck. That in any moment my despair will condemn me to being consumed by despair or wretched creatures. To be beaten and destroyed. I was seething; anger rose up in my face and shook my frame. Not only did I loose everything, now this man insults me! How Dare He! I sprung to my feet; the pain of my injuries filled me, but only caused me more anger. I stood straight before him and yelled. The obscenities that fled my lips I will not repeat amongst friends, but I cursed him in every way I knew how… back then. I raged in such anger the imp in his presence withdrew behind his robes. Throughout my rage he remained unfazed, and slowly drew a wicked smile.

This was what he intended, this was the desired result of his test. It was through his cold careless approach, he challenged me to stand and be strong. To face what has befallen, and use my despair to fuel a fire, a fire that will burn those that caused it. His smile shot through me like a shell from a dwarven rifle. Still with anger and pain in my soul I looked upon myself, blood soaked and caked in filth, I really had fallen, but not anymore. Now I'm ready to really do something about it. Mordianus showed me to the warlock trainers in the school under the graveyard by the abbey in Goldshire.

In there I learned how to wield the forces of my enemies against them, how to use the fire of my anger to Immolate them. How my pain can curse them. How the very darkness of my soul can burn away the evils of this world. Reforged in the fires of the abyss, I Soleiris, the warlock, emerged from training ready to repay the evils of Azeroth a bit of poetic justice.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?

I appreciate the time and effort GM's take in review the introductions and look forward to seeing you all in game.