Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Wolfie's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Hello! My name is Jake, I'm 22 years old, and I live in the midwestern USA. My life revolves around working (unfortunately), playing music (http://www.myspace.com/wuhwuhwulves), and gaming in some form or another. I got into Roleplaying from Final Fantasy VII, my uncle let me play it when it had just come out, I was enthralled. That interest eventually grew into DnD, more complex CRPGs, and being an active member of the game worlds and communities for Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2! I'm not a huge nerd, but I have a strong passion for Roleplaying, even if my knowledge of lore isn't so great.

Coming from the United States, I speak English and English only. Though a brief dabbling in German during highschool might allow me to ask you where the toilet is, and if you can bum me a smoke.

I got into Warcraft with Warcraft 3. To this day, I still occasionally play ladder and play DotA quite a bit. While I haven't read any of the WC novels, I have played WoW quite a bit (to around level 30 on the official servers) and read all the lore sections of the WC3 booklet. I feel that my knowledge is more than enough to be a productive and conducive member of the RP community here.

Selecting this server was a simple matter of seeing if there were any RP private servers for WoW! I really love the Warcraft universe, but the complete lack of any RP on the official RP servers turned me away almost immediately. I looked for something similar a few years ago, but came up empty.

I enjoy a balanced level of combat, questing, and tavern roleplay. I'm the type who doesn't wait around at the side of the road, or in an empty tavern to run into players who speak to me. I will be out and about, busy and adventuring, and hopefully run into players to spark up conversation / cooperation / conflict out in the field. After meeting a pal, I'll often suggest heading back to a tavern or Inn after a long day of hard work. I'm definitely not one of those players who will OOC get super upset from PvP as long as there's RP involved, even if it's as simple as some troll thinking it'd be fun to throw a spear through my human head, assuming of course that it's honestly in character.

My favorite races/classes are probably Human Warlocks, and Tauren Shamans. Both are complex in terms of lore and playstyle, and I definitely do not like playing characters that click and kill. I might try to pick up Draenai and Blood Elves, respectively though.

I'm all for Roleplaying servers! I'm really not sure what to expect of this server, but I hope it will be relatively glitch free (played on some private servers where it was impossible to play certain classes due to broken quests) and have a friendly OOC community.

I'm really happy with the fact that all players post introductions, and hopefully other players read them to get an idea of how to approach players in the field! I also like that all players are expected to have an understanding of the history of WC3!

Any story? True story? Made up story? Example of RP? I'd really like to go out on a limb and take a pass on this, as I find the best stories relevant to Roleplaying are the ones that emerge. However, for the sake of completing the introduction, I'll post an introduction for the character I plan on making, or his "bio / description" rather.

"Often seen slinking about the corners of alleyways in Stormwind, Wolfie's tattered robes and disheveled demeanor hide an inner strength fueled by demonic magic. He walks with a long gait, his silver hair blown carelessly in the wind. His face is young, yet worn and weathered. He typically wears a bemused smirk, grinning at most passerby beneath his silvery mane."

That's all, I look forward to getting into the world and playing! Thanks for reading.
Welcome to CotH!