Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: GoingLopsideds introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, excuse the name. I use it for everything so as not to get confused with different names and such. LOL

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

I have played this game since around may 2005 back in the pre tbc days. I was a casual raider back then but never really progressed far in molten core. I started getting into RP when I first reached around lvl 50 and actually saw some for the first time. I got into it really well from there and have been primarily been rping since then.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I was born in England but made in scotland. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

My friend first got me into playing Warcraft 3 so I decided to buy it for myself, then after I while I found out about WoW and thought that if WC3 was great then WoW would also be great. When I first started playing it I thought it was pretty meh, but after a short while I got into it and couldnt stop playing for ages. At the moment my play time is quite stale as there is no RP going on in my server.

What made you seek our server over others?:

All I want to do in WoW now is roleplay and this seems to be the only great looking Roleplay server, I like strict RP rules as I have gotten fed up of the OOCness on the RP server I play on (Earthen Ring). A friend of mine told me about this server but I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now i'm very curious to see what this server can offer.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

I most prefer action and danger roleplaying with a partner, it's always great fun and you and your partner share the excitement of being in trouble, it connects you together and it's great to be known as 'that pair' or whatever. I got some reputation for that on a blizz RP server where if someone saw me, they knew my partner wouldn't be far away. It's just great!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Night elf Druid, why? Druids have so much lore surrounding them and it's all so interesting to read, Ive also solely played a night elf druid character since I started playing WoW and I find them to be the most interesting and fun class. I like night elfs the most because, well just look at them. Thier awesome in every way and although blizz made a few shakey stories with them to make them on alliance side, I still think they are the bees knees. ;)

What are your expectations of this server?:

My expectations is just a nice friendly userbase with a high quality RP standard, I can't wait to see all the interesting players on the server! If from what ive read is true, then this is the chuck norris of RP servers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

The application process because it shows you guys care about the server and who can enter it. It gives me comfort in knowing that only decent people will be getting into the server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Okay this is snippet of a movie script I made a while back, I hope you enjoy it.

INT. SMALL, POORLY LIT ROOM – NIGHT

LEON and his partner Chris, enter a run down outbuilding, dragging a restrained, semi-conscious man with them. The man is thought to be part of a resistance militia.
As Chris closes the door Leon pushes the man as he stumbles into the room - causing him to fall, unable to break it with his hands, his face slaps against the floor.

LEON HARTIGAN
Ok!
How about we start with you telling us where the rest of your ‘comrades' are hiding?

The prisoner stands up in a manner suggesting it required great effort, yet shows no sign of pain on his face, maintaining his stern expression.

PRISONER
(Dazed)
My comrades?

LEON
Don't tell me.
You have no idea what I'm talking about.
Right?

PRISONER
…
Well-

LEON
-I suggest you think before you answer that.

PRISONER
…
You're right.

LEON
Excuse me?

PRISONER
I said you're right, you bastard.
I don't know what you're fucking talking about!

Leon turns to Chris, who is standing in the corner, near the door.

LEON
[Laughs] You hear that Chris?
Looks like we got a tough guy!
Untie him.

Chris
What? Why?

LEON
Just do it.

Chris walks over to the prisoner and removes the restraint then returns to his position by the door.
Leon walks up to the now untied prisoner and stands right in front of him.

LEON
This is your last chance, I won't ask again.
I know you're part of the Resistance.
Where-is-your-headquarters?!

The prisoner slowly moves his hanging head up, pauses for a few seconds while looking into Leon's eyes with contempt - then spits in his face. Chris, knowing his partner's lack of patience and short temper, quickly reveals his concern.

Chris
Leon, take it easy man.

Leon turns around, glances at Chris with a smirk on his face and takes a step forward. He looks down at the floor for a moment – without warning he spins, throwing a punch to the prisoner's head with such force and speed that it launches him backwards; causing him to slide along the floor, and come to an abrupt stop against the wall behind him.

Leon walks over to Chris, dusting his hands as if proud of himself, he's about to leave.

Chris
Christ, man, was that necessary?

LEON
He was never going to tell us anything.
What does it matter?

Chris
He's probably dead, we're gonna have to report this!

LEON
…
I can't let you do that, Chris.

Chris
I'm sorry man, but…
I can't keep taking the shit you get us into with Command.
You know they already spoke about kicking us off the squad, I need this.

LEON
You're right.
But you'll have to check him first.

As Chris walks over to check whether the prisoner is dead, Leon takes out a pistol with russian design, screws on a suppressor and walks slowly behind him – aiming at the back of his head.
Chris crouches down beside the prisoner; whose nose is bleeding profusely, has been severely broken and appears to have been pushed into his skull. When Chris reaches for the prisoner's neck to check for a pulse, his eyes suddenly open, making Chris jump.

Chris
Holy SHIT!
That scared the crap out of me, man.
I think he's still alive.
Leon? …

Still crouching, Chris looks around seeking Leon's acknowledgement, yet finds himself looking down the barrel of a gun.

Chris
What-the-fu-

Leon fires without a moment's hesitation, hitting his partner right between the eyes, his favourite shot.

LEON
Damn it, Chris.
You know I don't like using guns up close…

Leon speaks to himself as he proceeds to step towards the now waking prisoner and aims down at his head.

PRISONER
P-Pl-Please…

Completely ignoring the prisoner, he shoots as if it was a mere formality, removes the suppressor and drops the pistol onto the floor next to the bodies.

LEON
…It's so… amateurish.

He picks up a drum of oil from a corner of the room and begins to pour it all over the floor and bodies. The calm, clinical nature with which he goes about his task suggests he is not at all phased by the situation.

LEON
And as you know-
I'm no rookie.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

I understand that you have high standards for 'applicants' into your server and hope I meet them, if not though it is afterall, your server. I won't be a hassle or a whiner if I am denied.

As a final note, I do hope that I can join you soon!
Nothing lightens up my day better than a Night Elf AND Druid player! If/when you make one, you might wanna check out the Druid meeting thread in Event Planning ;) . You know, just to get things rolling :D .
And, if you are referring to the introduction approval system, which I think you are, you might wanna know that it is not used like that anymore, for it has been a too big and tiring extra job for the few GMs.
WELCOME TO THE SERVER!
If you ever have any questions, problems or just wanna talk, feel free to PM me either here or in-game!