Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Intro to Wyllithien [Edit]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am sixteen and a half, yet despite that i'm a veteran at RPGs, playing them since I was eight years of age (I played Dungeons and Dragons, AND GURPS, pen and paper RPGs) I have rarely godmoded EVER, and it infuriates me when people do. I'm a very easygoing person, but I'll argue someone to death if they push certain buttons. (e.x. insulting my girlfriend, my beliefs-notneccessarily religious-, or force upon me something terribly illogical)

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
USA, and English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It was my second MMO, and heaps better than the emotional pain that is Everquest. Only thing they could really improve in WoW is to give us a Bard class... Bards are the best.

What made you seek our server over others?:
It caught my eye that it was a private Roleplaying server that was apparently well run and I would HOPE very active.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Almost everything, as long as I dont get brutally killed with no chances to escape, and no way to thwart my fate. That kind sucks. I wouldnt godmode out of it, or just panzy out, but you asked if i'd enjoy it, and THAT I wouldnt. If I had a favorite, it would be a smooth, open Epic Quest RP, that has a long storyline, and a great quest to embark upon. Domestic RP is awesome too

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Trolls. All about their race is amazing, their primal voodoo, their gods, their regeneration. It's all good.
The best class, when on a troll RPwise would have to be Shaman, I love being a Voodoo Doctor. For gameplay, i'd like being a hunter.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To have some real good RP, and to have a hopefully friendly playerbase taht's relatively activeish, so RP wont be excessively hard to find.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
No Godemoting. That stuff irritates me to no end.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: [EDIT] Longer Story
And so... it begins.
Dark were the skies and chill was the wind as the land was covered in a veil of malice...
Across the hill did ride a dread army of the night!
Cloaked in mist and fog, prepared to rain down death and destruction upon the land...
And the people did cry for a saviour, a noble soul to save them from their impending demise.
Just as it seemed all was lost, in strode a mighty hero, clad in shimmering metal from head to toe...
Weilding a terrible broadsword he did cleave his foes in two, smashing their ranks as some force of righteous fury...
And when the day was done, and the enemy stewn across the field in pieces...
The people did turn to the warrior and say "We shall never forget what you have done, speak unto us your wisdom, so we may enshrine it forever". The hero said one word that day...
LEGEND!

And so it was that the one man who was destined to save the world, free the universe from the darkness set out on his journey.
His name, was Wyllithien, a paladin of the Holy Order of Araneus, a small monestary within the mountains surrounding Alterac. The snowy winds cut into his armor and padding as he trudged through the snow, bravely striding forward into the world before him, not once looking back to the monestary.

He crossed into the country of Hillsbrad, where the snow no longer reigned, and soon enough he was sitting in the Hillsbrad tavern, knowing what he must do, but unsure of how to do it.

In Naxxramas.
"We cannot let this pup jepordize our progress! If the Ashbringer were to arise again, it would be devastating to the many years of work we have done.. Ner'zhul commands his progress be halted..."

"Yes, my master. I will not fail"

"See that you dont, Kel'thuzad... my friendship with you is not sufficient to protect you much..."

Returning to the story of the Paladin, Wyllithien had rented a room, and prepared to go out and spend some time in town. Right before crossing the threshold, a small human girl ran right into him. With his heavy armor, he remained upright, but the poor girl had fallen backwards, with a wince.

"Oh! I am terribly sorry, miss!" He said as he offered his hand to help her up.

"That wasnt very pol--o-oh..." She blushed profusely as she looked up to the paladin, his perfectly cared for armor and blonde hair back in a rogueish ponytail looking exactly like some kind of fantasy knight, who rescues princesses. "M-My apology, I-I shouldnt h-have been r-running" And she takes his hand, still not keeping eye contact with him.

He smiled. "Do you have any cuts..? Bruises?" His hand glowed softly as he prepared to heal her.

"O-Oh! Do not be c-concerned..." And she herself ran a soft healing hand over the scrape on her arm, wiping it away like a stain. She smiles weakly up at him. "I-It's something all my order knows." She curtsied before him.

"A priestess? I am honored to meet someone with the gentler side of devotion to the Light. I thank you for gracing me with your pres--" And then he blinked, having just realized the girl before him. He was not a rude man, and did not ignore her... but as a paladin, he had never been trained to recognize love and beauty, and he was just getting a crash course. He blushed ever so slightly, using his training to shut it out for now, to understand what it was he felt later. With a cough, he said "P-Presence. My apologies. What brings you out here, to this inn?"

"I.. I was told to meet the Paladin that had come to us, a-and help him if I may"

He smiled softly. "Then you have found him, m'lady.. My name is Wyllithien." And with that he bowed a bow befitting that of addressing a king.

She curtsied to him, introducing herself as well. "I am Kathryin, priestess of the small chapel we have here in Hillsbrad..."

Kathryin broke the awkward silence, "So what pray, good sir can I do to aid you? What was so importaint that you were sent from your monestary?" With a downcast look, Wyllithien responded...

"Don't bother asking... you wouldnt believe me if I told you.. I am convinced it was an errand they sent me on to remove me from the monestary for a while. An 'Epic Quest' to keep my mind off of... other things"

Kathryin stifled a gasp that came to her. "I'm sure the Order would not stoop to such trickery, it's not righteous. You should not blaspheme." Wyllithien almost told her about the various things he found, running them through his mind... perhaps he should tell her exactly what the High Cleric Gerald used the tithes for? Or even worse, the fleeting carnal habits of the Arch-Paladine Crusader Alberic? After a second's thought, he realized it was perhaps best she kept such a bright view of the chuch she followed.

"Yes, I apologize. It was spoken out of frustration... My task, m'lady," and he noticed her blush, "was to find the legendary Ashbringer, sword of the late Highlord Alexandros Mograine, and return it to the monestary. Even I was duped by the scent of a grand adventure I did not realize my horrible mistake in accepting the geas until after I searched the archives..."

Enthralled by the tale, the small priestess urged him to continue, "What did you find!"

"It's irretrievable... the sword was wrested from Mograine after he was slain by one of his two sons... the betrayer, Renault Mograine... he slew his own father in an attempt to gain his power. The blade was corrupted and Renault fled like the coward he was, leaving it to be captured by the Lich King, who raised the once virtuous Alexandros into a Death Knight... his brighter son, Darion Mograine attempted to save his father, who did not listen to him... he had to kill the shell that once was the great Alexandros.. he took the blade, and with it sought out his treacherous brother, exacting revenge upon him... then, Darion turned the blade upon himself, to free the spirit of his father... Darion is now a Death Knight, and the blade is once again under the Lich King's control. Now... now the blade is held by him, in the frozen lands of Northrend." He buries his face in his hands. "How will I ever do this..? I cant return to the monestary in shame..."

A sympathetic Kathryin softly touches his arm, and without thinking much about it herself, gives him a very hurried kiss on the cheek. "I-I'm sure you'll... we'll find how..." Wyllithien softly touches his cheek, surprised, as if he was struck instead of kissed... "Wow..." he breathed.

Kathryin blushed, wondering what was happening to her! She was chaste a few days ago, never to ever touch a man... and now she was kissing one upon the cheek! 'it was a reassuring, comforting kiss that one would give to a friend!' she told herself... but she knew the truth...

"U-Uh...ooah?"

Kathryin lightly pushed his shoulder, "What a terribly un-paladine sound to make" and giggled, which snapped Wyllithien out of it. "O-Oh, yes! Alright... so... my only lead is to see the Librarian in Dalaran... it's believed that they can lead me to the next location to where the sword is supposed to be located..."

"So... I guess we go there? I'll have preparations made." She picked up her dress's skirts, beginning to leave, halted by a cold metal glove, it's grip belying the metal's embrace, his hand gentle upon her, making her heart flutter as it should not.

"Where..? I-I mean where are you going..? What supplies do we need?"

"Just a few traveling rations... bedrolls..."

"I have those with me myself, it will be fine." He smiled gently at her and she felt herself almost melt again.

"A-Alright... so... we'll leave tomorrow..? If you need me, i'll be at the chapel... I need ask the Light a few things..." And with that she curtseyed out, her mind filled with questions, hoping she would be graced by the presence of the light.

At the cathedral, and at the Inn, they both were kneeling in prayer, both asking the same question.. "Why did you call me to a celibate order if you were going to make me meet her/him..?"

A few days later they were on the road... Hillsbrad had mostly been untouched by the Scourge, save for the Turned farming town of Tarren Mill. Still, the couple took it slowly, for even here in civilization the country is dangerous.

They made it to Dalaran, together, by the light of the next day. Immediately they sought out the Librarian... on the way, across the streets, Wyllithien said, "Why have you been so quiet to me this whole trip..?"

Kathryin denied responding, "W-Well why have you?" But she knew... they both knew... the matter was not pursued, as they remained indifferent, both blushing slightly, but not noticing eachother's.

The Library of Dalaran was the most complete library in the universe, and the Librarian arguably the best sage of knowledge, comparable to the Archmage himself. After a few words with an assistant, the Librarian was sitting across from Wyllithien at a desk.

He looked at the paladin over his steepled fingers. "You're the one they sent after the Ashbringer? How odd... and mildly entertaining. I can lend the knowledge I know, but I'm not sure it'll be too useful..."

"Just tell me, do you know where it is?"

"Direct, arent we? Very paladine... yes, I do know where it is, but that information wont help you at all, really... if you knew how to do the impossible, it wouldnt help much, it's still the impossible"

"Please... I have a long journey ahead of me... I need it clear and simple..."

The Librarian turned, facing out the window overlooking the beautiful, and still being rebuilt city of Dalaran... "So be it... the Ashbringer," He turned again, facing Wyllithien, with a serious stare, "Is in Northrend."

Kathryin was still waiting for Wyllithien to be done talking to the Librarian. She tried settling her nerves by looking through the bookstacks, when her eye caught the cover of a book that sparked her interest... she picked up the runed, purple tome, reading it's cover aloud. "The Answers To Your Questions... is that a kind of joke?" She was sure it was, but what could it hurt? She opened the first page, discovering the instructions. "This magical tome has the ability to answer your questions about the past and present truthfully. First, you must mentally focus on the question, then verbally submit it, and open the tome to a random page. It will have the answer to your question. So simple, even an acolyte can do it!" She frowned for a moment, thinking of a question... she just wanted to make sure...

"Am I in love with the paladin Wyllithien..."

The book was opened to a random page, and in big italic letters it was revealed "Most Certainly." She blushed furiously, and with a furtive glance, whispered in her most silent voice... "Is the paladin Wyllithien in love with me, Kathryin..." She closed her eyes, opening the book once again. After bringing up the courage, she opened the book, and read aloud; "We're sorry, your question-seeking limit has been reached, please attempt again tomorrow!"

She cried out in emotional greif, echoing slightly across the massive bookstacks, and an intern almost magically appeared at her row.

"Shh! This is a library!" She whispered, before moving off, a very smug and righteous air about her.

Kathryin sighed. "Great... now I dont know what to do..." She returned to the designated waiting area and pondered, with no small amount of self-pity, on what she could do with the affirmed feelings she carried, left to worry if he even returned them

To be continued...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No.
You maaaaaaaaaay want to look at some other intros just to look at the lengths of their stories.... Yours seems rather short, it should give the GMs an idea of your RPing skillzors.