Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Open for testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The server is now open for testing, for those that already have a 3.1.3 client. For all others, DO NOT PATCH UP YET.

Just as a note, during testing, I may abruptly shut down or restart the server while I'm finding other things to fix. This is my disclaimer, as I don't want to hear people complaining about it if they make the choice to log in during this testing phase.
Also, mobs that were cleared will be respawned. If you logged out in a cleared area... well, have fun.
Does that mean we can go about doing OOC stuff and such? Or can we RP.. or?..

Otherwise, thanks Kret.
If people want to catch up on RP, that's more than fine. However, again, do not be surprised if the server is a bit more prone to crashes, or if I may abruptly restart it (usually this will only happen if I'm online, though).
Gotta say, after some testing, theres lot to fix, mostly something minor. (Some NPC's are out of their place, for example, floating in the air. Some are invisible or have 1 point hp.) When Fira died in Shatterspear, her ghost is in Winterspring now, and there was no one around to save her so...

Theres quite amount of stuff for CotH staff to do if they want to use this patch.
To those that can already connect:

If you could tell me how, for some reason after I changed my retail realmlist to the coth one it still thinks I am on retail. I restarted my computer even.

So if anyone has any ideas that be awesome.
The extra failsafe realmlist that Blizz put in the Data folder inside the enUS folder after that. Just delete it and use your normal one.
Hey I'm having trouble logging in, and i'm wondering is this because of the work being done on 3.1.3 and means 3.0.8 is unable to connect to the server at the time being
Yepp, you need v3.1.3 to be able to connect, make sure to not patch up unless you got a back up, since we still might go back to v3.0.9 if v3.1.3 turns out to be too buggy.
Fortunately, stability doesn't seem to be much of an issue, and the bugs encountered don't seem really game-breaking. Still, I'd like to wait another day or so before telling everyone to upgrade as the ArcEmu devs hash out more bugs.
Aside from the fact that all the add-ons are outdated and the Auction House Categories are messed up (For example, no shoes but it is apparent in the Cloth Armor section), its good to go. Err, and I didnt make a back-up so my loss?

EDIT: Yeah, AHs work now...but then they don't after awhile.