Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Nalyk's Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a younger male who enjoys all varieties of games. My favorite type of game would be the Role Playing Game. I got into World of Warcraft about 3 years ago, hit level 80 on retail, got the challenger title, and led 3 different role playing guilds to over 100 members. I'm not a strict Roleplayer, I can tolerate "noobs". I quit World of Warcraft about 6 months ago, and now I wish to join your server because I am OBSESSED with Roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in California, and have lived here all my life. My primary language would be English, but I speak French and can murmur a few words in a bunch of other languages, because I travel a lot.

How did you get into Warcraft?
I first started playing Diablo. After playing Diablo, I wanted more so I began searching other games by Blizzard. I found Warcraft 2 and 3, and then found World of Warcraft. World of Warcraft was the perfect game for me: A 3D environment I could Roleplay in, and do anything else I wanted to.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I'm going to be completely honest, google. Yours was the top search, and after research, this server was the only server that wasn't dead, and seemed like it had top quality roleplay.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy small conversations with friends in the tavern, big epic adventures, and big parties. Any kind of roleplay really! I also enjoy meeting random people on the road and making conversation, or trying to be friendly with an opposing faction member!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'd like to say Blood elf, but I can't. The Night elf race. I am a wilderness person who loves trees,animals, and wildlife. I also love the idea of taming beasts and being one with nature. Night elf just reminds me of.....Well, me! The Hunter would be my favorite class. As I said before, the idea of taming beasts just intrigues me. Also they prefer my choice weapon, the bow. When it comes to Roleplay, I've found them great! They can use their pet to spy and use emotes for not only themselves, but for their pets too!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I wouldn't be sad if there are bad roleplayers here, but what I expect is... Top notch grammar and punctuation, Friendly GMs and players, wide variety of roleplay, and...Loads of fun!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Godmoding rule appeals to me the most. When I Roleplayed before, the godmoding was tremendous! I would always lose in every fight because...Well, no one else wants to lose. So whenever I'd attack they'd just "/e blocks", it would annoy me. (That's why I prefer roll fights if I get in any In-Character fights at all...)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

" Sweat beaded on my forehead, I looked around for the demon Maltoth, but the thing was nowhere in sight! But then... I felt a huge stinging pain in my back, and I fell to the ground. He was standing right over me! I jumped up and pulled out my sword and told him 'You're going to regret ever trying to best me, demon!' he stood there, his breath rancid and foul smelling and swung his mutated paw at me, but alas...Being me of course, I dodged it! I took up my sword and plunged it deep into his chest, and I, the mighty Alundai had done it! I had slain Maltoth the demon!!!!!!!"

Marie looked at him disbelievingly, "Stop telling the child lies....He might think that he has a future. The only thing you can slay are those chickens that you feed us every night." Alundai replied, "Woman! Like you could slay anything! You just sit around the house and sew!"
"At least I don't tell magical stories of demons and pretend that I can kill them" she retorted. Alundai began yelling, "Well at least I have some imagination!" Arguing ensued.

Nalyk looked high up at the stars and murmured, "I'm the son of a demon slayer....Wow!!! That means I'll be the greatest warrior in all of Azeroth!"

"See, look what you've done, now he thinks he'll be great!" Marie yelled. Alundai replied, "Maybe he will! How do you know you old hag!"
she screamed at him, "HAG??!?!?!? How dare you!". More arguing came about.

Nalyk drowned out the arguing of his two parents as he fantasized of a great story. He was going to be a hero for all, he'd walk down streets paved of gold and all would cheer for him and yell as he held a great evil dragon's head up high. He'd have a fair maiden that he'd marry. No one would call him just a little farmer boy, he'd be known as Nalyk the Great. He'd be in history forever! Everyone would love him and invite him to their parties. Whatever he wanted, he would have! Yes... He would be great....

But the arguing of his parents and his daydreaming came to a halt as they heard a WHOOSH. And another. And another. A second later, the hut was on fire. Alundai grabbed his son and ran out of the hut, Marie following the two. As the door swung open an arrow flew right into Alundai,and he collapsed. Nalyk wriggled out of his father's arms as two orcs with axes stood above him. Marie was at her son's side, begging for mercy. The taller orc laughed and drew back his arm, and the axe came upon Marie. Nalyk sat in horror and shock as the two orcs were laughing. They turned to him and began grinning. Nalyk stood, anger raging through him he pulled back his arm to punch the tall orc, but as he pulled back and swung his fist, fire leaped from his fist and struck the Orc dead. The three all had expressions of shock. The second orc ran, but his fate was sealed. Nalyk pulled back his hand, and again fire blasted out hitting the Orc who then stumbled to the ground. Confusion,disbelief,anger, and joy buzzed around in his head. He stood in front of his ablaze hut, both his hands flaming.
"Maybe... My father is no hero..... Maybe... I am not and will never be...A hero... But... I will avenge my father's death, and fight....For the alliance, and bring down every or I see!"

Although these were brave words of Nalyk which he wished to be true, the Highelves were betrayed and became the Bloodelves. Nalyk became a soldier in the Horde army, a mage to be exact, where he fought along the sides of his hated brethren, the Orcs.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Thanks for reading this and thanks for making this awesome server!
(I figured I repost this because i did get this to work and can now play on it.)
Welcome to CotH!

Hopefully you're prepared. 'Cause there were a lot of people who weren't prepared.
A Night Elf once more! This is awesome.
Now, to copy Maulby...
Welcome to the server!