Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Draenei Lore sources?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So once I'm able to log on, I've decided to make a Draenei Shaman, or rather, I'd like to make one...

The only thing is, I haven't been able to find a lot of info on them, or rather, any specific information on them. Things like what age a Draenei is considered an adult, how their population has really impacted since "landing". Also there's the concept of playing one who's been around during the events that preceeded the landing... and looking at the WoWWiki page, the dates aren't even specific enough, nor does it say anything about their lifespan, for me to really accurately RP an old one at all.

So if anyone could provide me with any links to some in depth reading, it would be much appreciated.
Draenei have an essentially unlimited lifespan, as far as we know. Velen is one of the oldest, and even he is older than the dawn of civilization on Azeroth.

There's no lore on Draenei at all besides on Broken Draenei. Their inclusion was a mistake by Metzen, but one we need to deal with on our own.
That's disappointing. Guess I'll roll with him for now and see if I can get some comfortable RP in.
wuhwuhwolves Wrote:That's disappointing. Guess I'll roll with him for now and see if I can get some comfortable RP in.
Aye, there certainly is a Draenei lore, but a whole lot is skipped.

At first, there's Argus, a happy planet full of happy Eredar (Actually Draenei, but with another name), that's like 25.000 years ago. BUT, Sargeras, the Destroyer of Worlds and leader of the Burning Legion convinced two of the Eredar-leaders, Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, to follow the Burning Legion, offering a lot of power.

Velen, however, was the cool dude and had a vision from the Naaru about the Eredar becoming corrupted by the Fel(?)-power of the Burning Legion. He tried to convince Archimonde and Kil'jaeden to say no to the Burning Legion, they said no to Velen instead.

So, with the dimensional Naaru-ship Oshu'gun, they left Argus, renaming themselves Draenei, the Exiled Ones. Kil'jaeden and Archimonde were pissed and followed Velen and the other Draenei, hoping to destroy them.

This is where the story skips to Draenor, Exiler's Refuge, world of the Orcs. They crash-landed here, like... Circa 24.000 years after Argus. At this points, the Orcs and the Draenei were in peace, the Draenei learnt Orcish and stuff.

But, it mustn't be true, Kil'jaeden found the refuge, however, upon the discovery of the Orc race, they were no longer after the Draenei, the Orcs could do the job. So, Kil'jaeden convinced the Orc leader to follow the Fel-magic, and so, a lot of Orcs were corrupted.

Wewt, war broke out, the Orcs killed like 90% of the Draenei population, the surviving Draenei hid in Tempest Keep. There were also Draenei corrupted by sustaining Fel-magic and went like... Broken, they lost The Light and preyed for days and days, until one Draenei heard the wind speaking, he listened closely and learnt all he could. No other Broken or Draenei were to follow his shamanism, but Velen, who made the shaman to teach other Draenei and Broken.

The Draenei hid in the Tempest Keep for really long, three wars had passed on Azeroth, when the Blood Elves came to Tempest Keep, they were about to take over, but the Draenei stole the wing called the Exodar. Too bad, the Sunhawk sabotaged what makes the Exodar planeshift and the Exodar crashed on Azeroth.

This is where the Night Elves came to aid the Draenei and where the Draenei joined the Alliance.

Some information:
-You could say that 1% out of all Draenei have survived, that's actually a whole bunch, looking at the Exodar.
-Birth is rather rare, so is death.
-They believe that the Naaru offer people The Light, and that the Naaru is The Light itself and shines everywhere.
-Shamanism amongst Draenei is rare.
-Draenei are wise and patient, mostly.
-There is no difference between the genders. Like... Politically, and is society.
-The crash on Azeroth was quite a huge impact, you can imagine the chaos caused. But, seeing they're Draenei, almost everything was nicely arranged to aid the injured.
-Draenei have no surname.
-Nemusar is the best Draenei living (YAY :D)

<<<Pro