Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Katana's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a relatively experienced RPer, as I've been RPing on WoW for a little over a year. However, I am prone to slow leveling as I am known for making a TON of alts. I love the RP involved with a new character.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
US of A. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Erm...I went to Fry's and said "Hey, that looks fun!" And thus, the addiction began.

What made you seek our server over others?:
My boyfriend tempted me with the prospect of inter-faction RP.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love all different types of RP. Most of all, in groups, having to do with some sort of conflict.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love blood elf pallies. I always feel so powerful playing them for some reason beyond me.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be quiet, but fun! I'm thrilled about the "no godmodder" concept. I think that one sold me.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Godmoding and metagaming being banned.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
She was beautiful, Jabra'jurin could admit, but in a harsh way. Her features sharp, her complexion ghostly white from lack of proper sun, and those piercing blue eyes that screamed murder. Her ice blue hair was long and jagged, framing her face unevenly. And Katrik's armour was at least three sizes too large, designed for a man. It was a miracle she had the strength to move in it, nonetheless fight.

The young woman (for it can now be seen that she was no older than seventeen) reached for her axe. A split second too late, Jabra'jurin realized she had only graced him with her sight so he could see his killer before he died.

The troll fell to his face in utter admiration. "She has graced me with true sight! I, her servant, may gaze upon the true face of the Blood Godess before my death at her hand!"

For the second time in less than five minutes, Katrik was at an utter loss for words. She grunted, threw down her battle-axe to the barren ground before her, and crossed her arms.

"Get up, you fool."

Jabra'jurin tilted his head upwards, with eyes full of amazement. "You are not hear to feast on my blood?"

Katrik rolled her ice blue eyes, before returning to glaring at him. "I refuse to fight an unarmed coward."

This was one of the few values the Leiutenant held. She had been spared from certain death as a child, and this troll was hardly any different from a child himself. He was weak, and spineless. The corded muscles that ran across his arms and back clearly were from manual labour, not from battle. But those same arms bore a number of thin scars, from the blade of a sword. It was an uneven match. Katrik could take down this troll without a bat of her eyes.

The troll remained on the ground, now gazing up at Katrik. "Your slave thanks you, my godess."

The young woman narrowed her eyes, deeply considering picking up her axe now. "Never say that to me again. I am not your godess. I am a soldier. A Leiutenant."

"Your Gr--Your Leiutenantness has come down from the Immortal Throne to fight for the Horde? Sh-He is more generous than I have ever imagined! It is an honour to be slave to one so mighty!"

"Shut up, you babbling fool. You do not amuse me," said the "godess" in her ice-cold tone. "But regardless I must ask how you know of me."

The troll widened his own cerulean eyes, raising himself from the humble bow he had previously held. "You came to me in a dream, Your Leutenantness. It is my destiny to serve you."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
This sounds mildly ridiculous, but I must ask. This server is "Conquest of the Horde". Are Alliance players in a bit of short supply?
madlyinlove64 Wrote:My boyfriend tempted me with the prospect of inter-faction RP.

Whut
To answer your question. . .

Alliance is far from short supply. /sagenod
Actually, the Horde is in short supply-ish. People tend to play their Alliance characters more, but most have Horde alternate characters.
Mikain Wrote:
madlyinlove64 Wrote:My boyfriend tempted me with the prospect of inter-faction RP.

Whut

I told her about the fact that players can understand eachother and even group crossfaction, and that there were plenty of crossfaction roleplays that could be done, even now we've got a BE/Drae, and an NE/Troll.
Haha... Ha.. I hope you're joking about that inter-faction relationship RP.
Wyllithien Wrote:BE/Drae, and an NE/Troll.
[Image: malfunctioning-eddie.jpg]
Does not compute.
I dont mean to be abbrasive, but why wouldnt an inter-faction relationship work. It'd be naturally harder than others, especially with old hatreds, and i'm sure that would be your reason against it, but there are ALWAYS exceptions. Right now, the BE/Drae still hate eachother, they're trapped because she screwed up a spell, trying to kill him of course, and now they're chained together. During the time they're stuck they'll get to know eachother better. It's been designed well, so it's not just "POWinterfactionrelationshiphaxx!"
I think the problem is that a lot of people uses the "there are exceptions" excuse, which results in a lot more of these occasions than there should be, this is also the reason why it is very frowned upon to create characters that are very tolerant of others when they have been raised in a environment that would foster hatred and distrust.

What I'm trying to say is that the exception is no longer seen as an exception and thus does not suffice as an explanation for deviant behaviour.
They arent actively tolerant of eachother, but due to the spell on them, they cant kill eachother without risking the spell being broken in an extremely violent manner, which would cause an arcane discharge, killing the both of them. And despite how they've both been raised, it doesnt mean that their ideals cant be changed, with time. And i'm sorry about the exuse, but I dont keep tabs with most everyone else, so I wouldnt have known. Me and Kat have been doing this RP because we enjoy it. And anyways, I already have a bleached-normal character already. Why would it be so wrong to have an exceptional one?
It's not wrong to have an exceptional character, the problem arises when people takes exception to mean special, one doesn't need special, "badass" history or powers to be an interesting character. Really, the "Normal" character isn't that bad.

And I hope you understand that I'm not saying you are doing all of this, I'm just trying to explain the stance of the server.
Alright. Thank you for giving constructive criticism as opposed to abbrasive criticism. The characters themselves to not have a strange history, they're generally quite normal, one being a bloodelf sorceress, and the other being a Draenei warrior. Their situation is unique, but it is unique so that there would be a viable reason for them warming to eachother despite their lineage. It takes extraordinary events to shake the views of a person, especially if they're as stubborn as bloodelves and draenei can be. Me and Kat have just been trying to find an extraordinary event that would be at LEAST adequate, and hopefully good RP. So far it's been quite enjoyable.
The problem I see with it is that it's unerringly obvious you intended to have a cross-faction romance no matter what. Sure, I'd be all right if it were two people who didn't know each other and decided "Hey, you know what? This is a turning point in both of our characters' lives due to what's occurred so far in the story, and they really might be changed by it." but two people in a real life relationship having two characters from opposite factions who are attached, well... Yeah. you see the point.

I just don't agree with the reasoning that people have that cross-faction romances are cool and being so unique and a pillar of difference in a race is awesome and more fun. You can just as easily have two Blood Elves or two Draenei with the same kind of conflict (Take the example of a Blood Elf Paladin with a drug problem and a Blood Elf Warlock who has anger issues and made said drug. It was quite fun when their circumstances forced them together and they became close, even though they had been at each others' throats for months.).

You can take this however you want, but I prefer to have my stories be plausible. I haven't seen it ruin my fun in the past, and it's something you might want to try out.
I think it's cool, you know like the Underworld movies. Vampire loves a Lycan, totally cool. But please, don't ban me for this??? :P
rpcrazed Wrote:I think it's cool, you know like the Underworld movies. Vampire loves a Lycan, totally cool. But please, don't ban me for this??? :P

Yeah, it's in a movie. It's been done. The cool is gone once you realize you're fulfilling the Drizzt Do'urden/movie hero/standard romance novel cliche.
Pages: 1 2