Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ixlin; An Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hm.. I grew up in a house where going outside wasn't an option. My brother and I played any games under the sun to entertain ourselves.. in later years we browzed the web for exciting new things. I grew up on Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Doom, Duke Nukem.. not to mention any-and-all Star Wars flight simulators. I've had a wide range of gaming experience, but WoW has always been my favorite.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the good ol' US of A, and I speak english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother! He beta tested the original, as well as the expansions. When the original came out, I'd sit in his room for hours watching him play, and finally got my own account three weeks before TBC hit. Since then, i've settled on RP/RPPvP servers in retail and never ever went back.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Retail WoW has a low standard of RP. For example: godmoding twelve-year-olds who're half angel/demon/smurf/unicorn and breathe green fire at anyone named "Phil", instantly killing them with no means of escape. From reading the forums, it seems like you've collected an excellent assortment of true RPers and amazing storytellers that I'd be honored to join.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all sorts of RP. Fighting... not so much. I don't mind RPing a fight between a beast and my toon, but any other player and my toon is just.. I don't know. I don't like it. Hence, all of my characters are peaceful, even though they've got massive attitudes. ><;

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Hm. Blood Elf Paladins.. Mainly because that was my first 80 character. Partially because they're pretty. [I admit it! Don't shoot me!] And they're fun to RP. Their story of weilding the light through force instead of favor is really fun for me to focus on, because of the many takes on the situation you can have.

What are your expectations of this server?:
No godmoding, please. Trolling is also a no-no. I guess I expect RPers with a sense of humour, an amazing imagination, and a basic understanding of grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. A little bit goes a long way, people!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The simple fact that you screen your RPers before you allow them online is the most appealing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

She was desperate to escape the oncoming swarm of silithid. Looking back, she could see hundreds of them, pincers and jointed legs.. carapaces glistening in the setting sunlight. Of all the places she could have lent her aid, they had to send her to Silithus. She absolutely detested insects of any kind.. and now she was frozen by the sight of the gleaming throng bearing down upon her. Her breath came in ineven gusts, eyes wide with fear.. "No!" she murmured. "I am Ixlin Gaeriel Dar'lien, and I will not succumb to fear!" At that, as if her body made up it's mind, she turned and fled. As she ran, she drew the greatsword from it's sheath strapped across her back, blinded for a moment from it's holy gleam as it swung with the movement of her flight. There was higher ground! She only needed to reach the top of the jagged hill before her.. but it seemed lifetimes away. Time slowed to a stop in her mind as she ran, her focus on calculations and strategems, only subconsciously noting the distance of the swarm from herself in the reflection of her blade. It seemed days, weeks, before she reached that small outcropping and climbed atop it, before she turned to face the silithid as her heels. Then she struck the first blow. After that, the madness sped up to real-time again, thrust, parry, duck, she was hit once by a sharp pincer, rending her left bicep with a deep gash, thrust, slash, the fighting wore on and on as the sun sank in the sky. Duck, bend, she was hit again, bleeding this time from a smaller cut above her copper brow, slash, slash, parry, thrust, strike-strike-strike, "CONSECRATE!" She shouted, and the ground beneath her feet purified. She drew every fibre of her being into that spell that sizzled the ground with holy rays, blasting a holy ring out far into the distance. Panting, she collapsed at the epicenter of the blast, bleeding from her numerous small wounds, surrounded by the many-legged corpses that still burned. Their charred husks gleamed in the light as the sun dipped below the horizon, leaving Silithus to the dark. Ixlin smiled slightly, re-sheathing her weapon, and rolled onto her back to peer at the stars. So she slept, surrounded by the bodies of her enemies, her dreams colored in victory over life, death, and most importantly;
Fear.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd like to add that I'll mainly be playing Ixlin, the character featured in the tidbit above... a snarky, cynical paladin with nearly the same morals as a rock.