Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tehscooters Introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello everyone! I've been playing games ever since I was little, I think I would go so far as to call myself a video game junkie. It drives me mad when I don't get my electronic fix and for four years strong WoW has kept me sane! However; I am not only limited to Warcraft, but I also enjoy picking up the Xbox 360 controller every now and then to get a good taste of Xbox Live goodness. I love gaming a lot, but I don't play to win. It's all about the “Fun” factor for me. Getting the thrill from RP or downing a boss, it matters not to me as long as everyone is having a good time! I'm laid back and relaxed, but when it comes to getting in the heat of things be it RP or the game itself I love giving it my all!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in the USA and have been speaking English for all my life. Though, this may be irrelevant, but I totally bombed Spanish… -scratches neck with a nervous chuckle- Though I'd like to think that I've grasped the English well enough to function and RP efficiently. I hope that is the case because I'm quite anxious to RP!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It all began with my friend receiving a new PC for Christmas capable of playing games and a very curious little boy. Way back when, (I make it sound like WoW came out twenty years ago) I was spending the night at the house of a friend and he had received a new game for Christmas from his cousin. It was called World of Warcraft and I watched as he galloped through the plains with his Tauren Shaman, destroying the Venture Co. and other baddies about the grasslands of Mulgore. This curiosity soon turned into an addiction as I picked up the game myself, installing it upon my computer and delving into the world that is Azeroth! I haven't looked back at any other PC game since.

What made you seek our server over others?:
What made me seek this server over others was… simply the RP. I've been playing retail for so long, hoping that Blizzard would stick through and destroy all the trolls and griefers. Alas, they did not and I've been hoping from server to server for so long I've just become tired of it. I'll find a decent server and it dies in a year, I'll find a server and the rules are not enforced. Not to mention god modders and the terrible mary-sues. So, I Googled for a role-playing
private server and lo and behold… I found you guys!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
If I had to choose what RP appeals to me most… I'd definitely have to go with group RP. I enjoy the simple fact that many miss, the way your character is influenced and how your character influences others. That alone almost gets me giddy like a school girl, knowing that bonds will be made, views will be changed, rivalries will be shaped and possibly love can told hold of two characters hearts. Though I'd say that fighting role-play is definitely a close second! Just feeling as if you were there in the heat of the battle gets my heart to pumping. It is then my fingers act as paintbrushes upon the keyboard, painting the picture the vision of the battle in my mind.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would certainly have to be the Orcs hands down. At first I wasn't so much a fan and was very discouraged by the races provided by the Horde and Alliance. In the beginning it was all new to me and ashamedly I may have acted upon what I thought looked “Pretty” or “Cool”. With that I chose a Forsaken for a Mage due to his zombie-esque features and glowing eyes. Yet as time progressed and I became more familiar with the lore of Warcraft I came to find that I fell in love with Orc society and culture. Their honorable style of fighting and their pride was like a testament to all they've gained and accomplished. From mere broken up Clans to now the New Horde they've made their foot hold in Azerothian history. And no longer as the “Bad” guys. They mix brutal combat with finesse, they take ugly and make it beautiful, and they are savage yet sophisticated. They are a perfect balance in the middle and truly my favorite race.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are simply that I will find amazing roleplayers for one, people I can enjoy spending my time with and fun. It's all about the fun factor for me so I suppose in the end it's all about having fun. I expect much fun, yes, yes… fun. –rubs hands together-

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The no godmodding rule or power gaming… I cannot tell you how many times this has driven me from a server or simply put me down in the dumps and ruined my day. No one likes their character to be treated in a way that can affect them without their permission. And Blizz does not enforce such a thing on roleplaying servers, yet here I see that it isn't tolerated in the least and this definitely, DEFINITLEY comes as a comfort to me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
“BRUNST! Get yer arse down!” roared a voice over a hail of heavy gun fire, the loud sounds of cannons booming in the distance, rattling the very earth beneath their feet. Cannon balls churned the earth up into explosions of soil and rock, fire light the sky like the sun as a rather small figure let out a curse and scream.
Boom!
Earth flew up in a spray as the figure was thrust from his feet, eyes wide as his beard blew behind him with the tremendous force. His mouth was agape in a silent scream, silenced by the heavy sounds of combat that drowned out even the last cry of a slain brother. Quickly he looked back and forth, trying to spot where he would and land and when he found his targeted destination… he could only let out another curse despite it all. With a loud oomph he'd smack face first into boot trodden mud, his face and body caked in the brown mess. “Damn it ta hell!” he'd say as he shook his head furious, beard slinging the wet earth around like a wet dog would dry itself. Spitting furiously the dwarf began to pat around for his rifle, stubby fingers finding it sunk into the earth. He'd wrench it free, inspecting it with a single eye as the other was shrouded with an eye patch.
“Gah, ya gotta be kiddin' meh! The hammer spring be caked with mud!”
Shaking his head with frustration he'd find himself in a trench, which despite all the mud and displeasure of the way into it… he couldn't say he wasn't happy to be back here away from the fighting. With a grunt he'd begin to push himself up happily, thinking he had found an easy way out of this battle… he was wrong.
“Get off yer arse, lad! We be havin' a war ta fight!” A hand grabbed hard at the back of his collar, pulling him up with ease. Chorded muscles rippled as the fingers gripped the collar, a pipe line of veins running up and down each arm. With a simple flick he sent the Dwarven rifleman forward in a stumble, yet back on his feet. “Who are ya, laddie? An' what company ya be belongin' to?” The stumbling dwarf froze as he turned on a heel, offering a salute. A chill ran down his spine as his eyes fell upon the powerful dwarf and his blood ran cold. It was him… the King himself.
“Well…?” asked the King as he hefted his giant hammer over his shoulder, four elite guard standing behind him, clothed in the greatest battle attire made in the forges low beneath the earth.
“I… I be…”
“Spit it out, lad! We ain't got all day!”
“Brunst Firebeard of the 32nd Rifle unit, yer Highness!” He'd attempt to say it with pride, yet he felt so intimidated, so small compared to the Dwarf king.
The Dwarf King merely laughed as he offered Brunst a wicked grin, head tilting a bit as his cleanly shaven head still gleamed despite all the dust that seemed to fall about them. “Well boys… looks like we got us a rifleman in our group! I dun know how ya got lost laddie… but yer with us, now!”
With that… Brunst paled and his knees knocked together.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd like to say that even if I am not accepted I had quite a bit of fun filling this out! It let me open up as best I may and can't say I regret filling it out. Thank you all!
Welcome to CotH!
VOUCH

This guy.. Oh man, where do I begin?
He's one of the far better RPers I've found on the server ON HIS FIRST DAY. He's so polite and funny OOC, and IC he totally grasps his character's concept and sticks with it, be it his eager Dwarf Dobin or his offputting yet lovable Troll Zuljan. He has excellent punctuation and grammar, and if he typos he fixes it immediately. This is one of those rare, RARE people who's RP is immersive, uncomplicated, and of course fun.

SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN TWO OTHER VOUCHES! He deserves it!