Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A friendly departure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CotHWiki Wrote:The right way to make an exit from any server, or in fact any social situation, is to go with dignity. All that is needed is a quiet statement to those who work closely with you.

I am fully aware that this post may be considered by some of you a Grand Exit (depending on the point of view) but it is also a choice. My choice. I will not state the precise reasons but I will give this brief description. I am displeased with a number of aspects on CotH mainly regarding how events are run and how banning someone who disturbs roleplay isn't taken seriously (not from my point of view, but from at least twenty). Since I can't sit by idly and pretend I don't care, I am well aware that this leads to a two-way decision. Changing the way things are ran or departing. Since I'm not selfish enough to ask for a major change to suit me better I will take my departure. I am also too confrontational, I have already admited it on a previous ocasion but I will do so again.

Please consider my characters dead, I will delete them to allow others to take up the names. Always recycle! ^^
- Thomas Rivenhaul, callsign "Sirion" was ambushed in Hillsbrad by Paladins. His body now lies on the wall separating Arathi and Hillsbrad as a warning to all undead. He is still easily recognisable. Among his remains a journal was found containing all sorts of intelligence gathered from spying operations, most of them in Elwynn, Westfall, Duskwood and Arathi (Stromgarde area). The texts clearly reveal his implications in the brutal murders throughout these areas as well as a future plot to poison the supplies arriving in Stromgarde. The latter was never acomplished.
- Chaktee Windpaw fell to the corruption of the ancient forests of Felwood. His body has been shipped to Feralas for a proper funeral.
- Emily Ames, callsign "Dawn" is missing. Lots of you didn't know about her so I'll just wash my hands quickly of her. =D

I was going to skip thanking the players for what they have done for me because I'm sure I wouldn't recall them all but I decided to go through with it anyway. So.. in no particular order, here are players that have made this place a haven for me for the past few months. Some of them still linger while others have been banned or left on their own free will.
Spoiler'd in case you're not interested:
Spoiler:
- My vouchers: farmerzjohn, Cressy and Gwenadrael not only for the vouches but for everything else as well.
- Orthorien (farmerzjohn), Aleina (ulteo29) and Anala (Hinbane) for introducing me to the world. I've had the best Night Elven roleplaying sessions with you guys ever.
- MoonBlossom, Samantha (appologies for not remembering your forum username), Krok, Diethe (my Kul Tiras Special Forces times were great), Hogral (for the best RP event of all, Shipwrecked);
- Aisha, Tales23, Hawk, Tyr... very brief RP sessions with you guys but you proved to be great both ICly and OOCly;
- Vrahn, Kiffles, HelveteSong (yes, you were my favourite DK xD), zarakk, Sozun (I don't know your forum username D:)... greatest moments on CotH with the Forgotten Shadow. <3

I also have a few words for the administration of CotH. Feel free to take them any way you want, I'm just going to write them down because I think you deserve an honest opinion here instead of acusations from a mad grunt leaving the server.
Spoiler'd as well:
Spoiler:
@Kretol:
The workload you have put in this server, this community is by far the best example of commitment I have encountered so far. You haven't just created another server that would dissapear after a year in order to host creepy teens who can't sleep at night lay off some verses. It's an entire world.. a haven, a sanctuary for roleplayers. Even if I'm leaving because I don't see eye to eye with many aspects of CotH, it remains in my opinion the best WoW roleplaying experience one could have. Congratulations and I hope you can continue doing so for a long time.

@Mikain:
We didn't see eye to eye on a couple of ideas and we've been jumpy on each other but your dedication here is greatly appreciated and I guess it's a minor price to pay for having someone to work behind the scenes of CotH. Grats on the Scourge events and forgive my false knowledge that they were hosted by Kaghuros. xD Keep doing what you do.

@Kaghuros:
Can't say much about you, I doubt we ran across each other ICly. Gotta love your orc though, great RP outfit! As for OOC stuff, you're great. Constantly roaming the profiles/introductions giving your thoughs and/or approvals even when we had that huge influx of newcomers. Keep up the good work!

@Nostra:
Nostra remains my favourite GM of all. Stay true, you've been a huge help with everything from helping me with my Lightslayer (which we're done with unfortunately) all the way to roleplaying NPC's and handing out items via Silver Tokens exchange.

@Tales23 & Secrettom:
You guys are new I'm going to be brief about this. xD
Grats on the job done at Stromgarde. I think Mikain deserves a merit here as well for all the gameobjects spawned. They really make the place alive. I've noticed you two are constantly greeting newcomers and commenting on profiles so cheers for that as well. Good luck on your road to Content GM status.

If you wish to keep in touch, PM me here or on the CotHWorlds forum and I will gladly supply you with an e-mail adress. Oh and one more thing. Good luck Cressy & Secrettom! :wink:
It saddens me to see you go, Pain. I had fun roleplaying with you, and I hope you find something suitable to your RP tastes elsewhere, and hope that you'll come back soon.

Bye. :)
Farewell, Painkillah! Though I didn't RP with you much I'll miss you.
Aww. . .Painkillah! I am going to miss you much kid! Make sure to keep in touch. . .

Bah, this makes me sad. . .Who else is going to b***h about crap with me. . .? /sigh. . .

But really, do good wherever you choose to go, and make sure you have fun and are happy doing it.

/wave

<333

Cressy
This was done really nicely, and while it may seem like I butt heads with people, I'd welcome you back should you choose some time down the line. Luck and good fun wherever you go.

The only thing I'd have to disagree with.
Quote:how banning someone who disturbs roleplay isn't taken seriously

We ban people like flies, if someone you thought deserved it didn't get it, then it's your own fault for not taking the right initiative and showing us what we needed. We can find only so much out about people on our own, we don't rp with them, you do.
Good luck in the future. It is nice to actually see people bow out, knowing when a place doesn't fit them, and to do so with a fair bit of taste.

Here's to hoping you find someplace that suits your needs.
Farewell Painkilla it was fun RPing with you on Maya when I would see you stalking my character and finally found out the truth about what you had planned. :)

Hope you come back someday.
Thommy! Sad to see you go, but I won't force you to stay. Unless you want me to... It's been a blast RP:in with you in the Shadow, shame Vrahn had to go and turn human on our butts and such and such, but It's been but a pleasure to have met you and I hope that whatever paths you cross in life, I hope they treat you well. <3
...aww. I remember back on my very first day, you taught me the ropes, and were the only one to ever back me up at the Druid Meetings. LOL

Sad to see you go, though... :(
You deserve a 21 Gun Salute. Hopefully one day you may return~!
Aye. Hope to see you again! You've been a great part of my experience here, too.
You know what I hate, this part, right here:
Quote:I am displeased with a number of aspects on CotH mainly regarding how events are run and how banning someone who disturbs roleplay isn't taken seriously (not from my point of view, but from at least twenty). Since I can't sit by idly and pretend I don't care

/ragefist

If anyone feels that a rule, policy, wiki or even a attitude on the server is detriminal for the community and it's interests they should talk about it, bring it to light and try to discuss it to, if nothing else, get the reason behind it. Sometimes there are rules that cause trouble that we GMs might not notice or hear about, if noone steps forward to at least talk to us about them we never will and thus, the issue will remain. I am confident that we all are open to hear anyone, peon, grunt, hero- basically; a member of the community out, your ideas about anything ranging from events, rule changes or player bannings are welcome as long as you keep it polite and don't assume we do stuff because we're jerks. We don't! Before doing anything we weigh the options carefully and try to pick the one that we believe will improve the server the most, of course, we're not allways right which means that we need you, whomever you are, to help us correct that, because if you don't say anything we'll just go about thinking that we've done an swell job and let our egos grow even more humungosly large!

/cough

It's 5 am and I just got home from a party way out in the woods, if that doesn't make sense I have my excuses. Yepp, yepp.

Anyway, that wasn't really directly directed at Painkillah, or maybe it was... a little... :twisted:

I hope you'll find whatever you're looking for, Painkillah, and that you'll have fun on the way!
Well, I do hope you have a great time doin' what it is you do! :D

YOU. ARE. THE PAIN-KILL-AH!

THIS. IS. THE PAIN-KILL-AH!

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaooooooh!

Faster than a laser bullet,
louder than an atom BOMB!
Chromium plated boiling metal,
brighter than a THOUSAND SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNS!

/salute Rock on, rock out.
Aw. I was mentioned. <3

/end selfish statement

Although we never actually RPed that much together (or at all if my memory serves correct), I still never had anything bad to say about you. You even helped me with my modelviewer fail moments! 8D

G'luck Painkillah. :D
D'aww thank you all for the kind words. :mrgreen:

And that's okay Nostra, even if directed at me or not. I actually made an entire thread about the events thing and I didn't get nice replies there so that didn't work. As for banning, a player was kicked from the server by a GM for harassing newbies and roleplaying guards the wrong way. If that didn't get him outta there then there's little I could say.

Have fun! ;D