Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: G'day from Aruel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am 40 years old. I have been pen and paper Role playing for over 25 years. In all of my groups I am usually the one leading the gang into trouble and thinking of ways to get us out. If someone else tries to take control then I become hell for them (control issues). I have been online role playing since Ultima Online came out and have diversed to other mmorpg games. It wasn't till I came to WoW that I managed to find some role players but they have steadily died off so to speak. This has made me quite shy in approaching people in game (I react to the way people are when in real life as I can gauge how they are role playing. In game I find that I cannot do this as so I don't add my potential into it).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Australia. In sunny Queensland. I speak English but can speak other languages (just out of practice).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have played all the Warcraft series and most of the other Blizzard games. I have played WoW since the beginning.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Your server came to my attention late last year. I have read and continue reading the forums and the changes you make. I have been nervous as to if I should approach you due to the strictness of enforcement but then that just has shown me how dedicated you are to keeping the Role playing spirit here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
That is a hard one. I have been in romantic situations. I have been where I had to corrupt a noble Dwarf Paladin ( I did really well in that one). Most of all I go with things. It all depends on the way that I am feeling at the time.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have played all bar one race, Gnome. I cannot explain but I will never play one. I usually have many characters as I have them set up for various role play situations. My wife calls me a Blood Elf as I am always making sure I look good (I have had on occasions more clothing in the bank than she has in real life). So I would prefer playing a Blood Elf over all others.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To either be in or just happy to watch a good role play scenario going on. I enjoy my role play. I want to have a character grow with some good friends at his/her side with some sort of drama attached to it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect. Being at my age, I have found that respect seems lost on others. I hope to get back what I give to others. Both online and off I strive for this quality and try to teach my children this, though rarely works but I try.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A shape sneaks out of the orphanage. It looks back at the place that has been its home for more years that it remembers. It pauses for a moment wondering if this is the right thing to do. It shakes its head and continues off.

It makes its way from shadow to shadow. Always stops to see if it is heading the right way. Finally it finds its way out of the city.
"Well I am here now, I need to make the most of it."

Daylight comes and the shadow becomes a young male elf. He has never been out in the wild before and isn't sure how he is to do things. Days pass and he has not eaten. "I can't keep going like this. I might as well head back to the city to find something." As he has said this there is a low growl. He turns slowly and there is a large black wolf looking at him.

The boy starts to panic, but with the lack of food he can't muster much strength. The wolf steps closer, growling again. The boy sits down waiting for an end that must be coming. The wolf lunges and then there is blackness for the boy.

He wakes finding that he is indeed alive. When he looks about he finds that he has been dragged to a cave. He sees the wolf sitting with its back to him at the mouth of the cave and a body nearby. The boy slowly goes to the body and finds that it was a ranger. There are some dried rations on it and the boy opens them without regard to the wolf.

When he has finished what he thinks is his last meal he looks at the wolf. He sees that there is a collar slightly hidden under its fur about its neck. He looks at the body again and remembers that some rangers have animals for companions. He finds another pouch on the body of some meat going off.

He calls out in a wavering voice. "My name is Anuel, could I be your friend?" The wolf turns and sees Anuel holding out the meat. It pads over knowing it isn't in danger.

((I haven't written a story for sometime so forgive the rustiness of it))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I am not the fasted typer, so forgive me but it is getting better. If I don't manage to get approval then I would like to say that thank you for the chance to apply and that there is no hard feelings. I think from what I have read that it is an awesome server and just the chance to apply is enough for me, bar being accepted that is.
Hehe, now we have an Aruen and an Aruel. Where will the madness end?

Welcome to CotH!
Welcome to the server! :D
I look forward to seeing you around. :)
Nice to see I'm not the only Australian on this server. Welcome aboard.
Yo welcome here......nice meeting you today :D

PS- pfff who needs gnomes albino goblins,not me xD