Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Death Knight Healing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can Death Knights heal? I imagined that they could do some healing but they would need a large amount of blood to heal said target. Is this something that is plausible?
I doubt it, they were created to Scourge the world of the living, healing doesn't really fit into the category of necessary skills for that task.

Besides, I imagine that their bodies work much like the undead in regards to healing.
They heal through Necromancy. A talented Necromancer or powerful Knight could graft the skin or bones of another corpse to their own body (Or the body of another Knight) through force of will and not the smallest part of agony. Of course, the parts would need to correspond correctly and be the right size, or you'd get horrific changes alterable only through mutilation.

Regardless, Death Knights are Undead. They don't feel physical pain (Spiritual and mental pain comes through disruption of the spirit or the necromantic energy that animates them, such as by the Light or direct magical interference) and can take a serious beating. Beheading is the only sure way to kill them short of massive bodily harm.

Edit: I'm going to add that a Death Knight can do minor Necromancy. Mending flesh wounds with flesh, and grafting bone to bone. Parts that have been destroyed cannot be returned without having something to replace them with.
So in other words, are Death Knights are like transplant surgeons? If the target body can accept the part (IE: Right size, shape, etc.), then it's accepted. If not, some really messed up crap happens (IE: Rejection of the part, possible mutation if done wrong.)
It only works on Undead. As minor Necromancers, they can merge a dead part with the necromantic "spirit" of the Undead who will then be able to use it as a working part. However, it's not something a Death Knight can do as well as a Necromancer. They might have a hard time with skin, or replacing a removed body part with one that isn't the right size would leave someone... Unbalanced.

Edit: Though really if you were grafted a tiny leg by a practiced Necromancer, there's nothing you could do about it either except cut it off and get a longer leg.