Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Arynar: Greetings and Intro.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, Hello there, Conquest of the Horde members! (( <--- that's both a greeting and a lame attempt at humor. ))

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

I was born in the USA, Washington State to be exact. I've lived in Florida, Georgia, West Virginia, North Carolina, California, Oregon, and Washington. I currently live in Oregon, and am living a happy life with some of the closest and longest lasting friends I've ever had. Moving around kinda means that you don't get to keep many friends. My father was in the military, that's why we moved around so much.

Now, all that being said; I'm a pretty happy kid, and at 17 years old, I'm constantly getting told that I'm more mature for my age, and that I'm pretty smart too, in a sense.

My aspirations are to become either one of two things; something in the Psychiatry field, or a Philosophy Teacher... Possibly a third option of book writer, if I ever get the will-power to write a full book.

I recently (at the time of this writing, 2 weeks ago) went to Japan with a group called People To People: Student Ambassador Programs. It was a really awesome trip, I learned a lot, grew a lot, and came back with a treasure-box filled of dirty laundry, as I somehow managed to go through 2 weeks without doing any laundry. Don't ask me how, as I never smelled dirty, never looked dirty, and pretty much the clothes I had on were clean, but I did it.

for hobbies: I love to read, RP, write, and debate. One of which I'll be keeping out of this place.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I come from the United States of America. My primary language is English. For more details, refer to above.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Long story short: My parents. I ask to play any MMO they play, they generally let me play it.

Long story long: My parents fell in love with video games, and shortly after MMO's. They first found Asherons Call, which to be perfectly honest was a really great game that needed some serious overhaul on the leveling system. After being opted in for a Beta of Asherons Call 2, and heralding a nice update of the original that they wouldn't be updating said original any longer, we left. AC2, though graphically awesome, and much better, just didn't cut it for my parents, apparently. I don't know what happened to AC2, but I haven't seen it in any game stores.

My dad then tried Final Fantasy 11, the online version of the Final Fantasy series. He hated it. End of story.

Then we found World of Warcraft, got addicted to it instantly, and my parents still play it, even though I'm an on-off player that's more addicted to the lore and RP than anything else.

What made you seek our server over others?:

There's two reasons really; the first being that I was recommended here by a friend. The second, of course, is that I love to Roleplay, and I really haven't seen that many good RP's lately. Truth be told, I've been mostly doing Forum based RP's, and the forums I go onto die almost as soon as their made. Too much inactivity.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

I like all kinds of RP, really. But...

Personally, I enjoy RP's that involve factions, guilds, clans, or any group related thing. The character that I intend to create would like to be able to work in groups in a plotting and planning way. This can range from political meets to diplomatic discussions, from trade route negotiations to supply routes for warriors in need. Naturally, not all of these things are going to be as grandiose as they sound.

Of course, everyone needs their relaxing time; so I go with option 2: find a few friends, and go out and drink. Almost all of my characters have drank themselves stupider than imbecilic.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Currently, my favorite race is Human. Why? It's because it's what I intend my first character to be. It'll then change to whatever race of the character I happen to play next is. I'm like that.

Class-wise, it's pretty much the same; though I must say my leveling skills have only gone as far as a level 44 Mage, with the next lowest being a 29 Paladin. The mage was mostly because of my parents forcing me to play it. Forcing term used lightly, of course, because it was more of threatening to take away the payment of my WoW account... Which they did. Because I gave up. Again. For the tenth time.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Good RP. I don't expect everybody to RP with me, and I don't expect to be someone widely popular, respected, IC or OOC, I just want good RP. Someone who can supply me with enough storyline to continue the growth and personal story of my character, just as I can for someone else.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I happen to respect the respect clause of your rules. Respect is something that I find to be... failing humanity in some aspects. As in; it's becoming less and less common in certain areas of lifestyles. Respect is something that is fundamental to human survival in society, and you can't really function without it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(( I'll give you an idea from a book idea that I've had rolling around in my head for five days. ))

"Tobias." The name was spat out, completely intended to tell the dislike of this person from the others view of him. "Is this really all you have to say for yourself? 'I've failed you, my lord!' I'll pity you like I pitied Jhonas." It was then Tobias' turn to speak, and his voice was one filled with fear.

"My lord, please! I've not meant to fail you, please have greater pity upon me than that of the kind for Jhonas! I was merely hoping that by giving the signet to the lady that she would find her way here, instead of in the hands of the Crusaders!" Tobias shuddered as Kair, the lord that was being spoken to, slowly came up to him with a blade at his neck.

Tobias himself had an odd moment. A traders moment; the kind of which usually reserved for examining merchandise for purchase. He examined the blade, stilled near his neck and immobile except for the slightest of vibrations from it's wielder. The blade, more of a dagger than anything else, was about a three-fourths a foot long, and it's hilt encrusted with Amethyst; the crown Jewel of the lords kingdom of Asa'Reyan. The blade itself was sharpened to it's finest point, kept in great conditions obviously, and was coated with what seemed a good deal of poison. Even a nick on his flesh would kill him. It was a good thing it didn't touch.

"What would you have me do, my lord?! Anything that will free you from the displeasure I've caused you!"

Kair stood tall, taking the blade away from the kneeling man. "I would have you find the people that have taken my sons soon-to-be wife. You will accompany my son in this journey. Such is the will of your king."

All this while, Syra, the son of Kair, stood by; watching his father making the threats he did was not appealing to him, but to consider that he would now travel with the very man who had succeeded in taking away his 'soon-to-be wife' was even less appealing. He felt that it was very likely that the man had been put under the Crusaders spell. Of course, Syra wasn't really Syra, which was why he thought this way.

His consciousness was now in the body of Arren, and Arren's consciousness had conveniently taken it's place in the body of Syra. Arren's body was dozing away slowly, and would not awaken until the return of Arren's consciousness. Such was the ways of Arren's Psionic ability.

"Damn, this sucks. True, I know everything that this body knows, but man... This kid is sheltered! What is his father thinking, sending this kid off?!"

Kair spoke his reasons practically as soon as the final thought was finished. "This will be a warriors experience for my son. He is truly skilled in the blade, he has much potential. It is up to you to make sure that he unlocks it, Tobias. I will have no failures this time; my son must not fall into Crusader hands."

"Great. The second I come in range of one of their 'Mages' I'm going to be spotted as a Psi, then my little trek to find Varman is going to be moot. I can't yet manipulate where a bullets going to move, that's a little bit more advanced than I can handle. I can hardly even control my own level of spirit-fire! Where the hell is my brother when I need him?!"

His brother, of course, was busy trying to put himself back together. His ability being one so temperamental, it's not really that easy putting yourself back together after having to find a completely different time stream, reality, and particles to fit your body's consciousness that you can conveniently recreate yourself in.

"Being a Psi is so... urgh!"

(( Forgive the slight change from fantasy to sci-fi near the end... It's just part of the book idea. Different realities and all. ))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

I'm open to debate if it's allowed and is presented to me in a respectable manner... Normally, the debates that I get into are never pre-planned and just sort of start up, but normally I can still join in, if I have something to contribute. I don't expect to be able to, I'm just saying that if it's open, I'm open.
WELCOME TO COTH!

Sure, debates are allowed, as long as they don't become arguments! I also like the amount of effort put into the introduction and story!
Quote:if I ever get the will-power to write a full book.

BIC HOK.
Butt In Chair, Hands On Keyboard.

Hehe, some can find it hard to adhere to though, but I digress! Welcome to the server.
Welcome to the server, man! It's great to finally have ya here! *Already knows him*