Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello world! Snikzod here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As I said before, I've gotten into gaming at a pretty young age; one of my first memories of my life was - sadly - getting out of bed at the age of 3 to play some Lego Island and deliver pixellated pizzas, donuts, and whatnot. LOL
RTSs, though I'm not necessarily good at them, have always been one of my favorite genres. Eventually that branched off to RPGs as I tagged along with my sister to play some co-op games ranging from FF and several Tales of... games to Phantasy Star. Not to mention all those games on the GBA, like Golden Sun. Heh, those were the times.
I'm actually quite new to roleplaying, though I do believe that, while it will take a bit of teaching, I'll get affiliated with it fairly easily.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in America, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've always been a sucker for RTS games, especially when I, at age 7, walked into my dad's office to find him launching FIVE nukes at what seemed to be hundreds of Zerglings in Starcraft. Watching such an apocalypticly-epic scene like that was what got me interested in RTS games.
I was just playing Starcraft one day (as a 10 year old) when my father walked into the house with three copies of Warcraft 3 - for me, him, and my sister. From there, we played many LAN games if we weren't so caught up trying to beat the Campaign.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well, since I can only play on private servers, I began helping my friend test his own server. But when he declared that he couldn't maintain responsibilities for it, he led all the players here. After doing a bit of research, however, I found out that my friend was right to point us in CotH's direction - all the other servers were just PvP/pseudo-RP. This is just the right place to help me hone my RP capabilities and finally find a nice group to play with (more on that further down).

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
It really depends on my mood. There are those times that I just feel like sitting back and relax, while at other times I want to hop straight into a dangerous situation for an exhilarating hour or so. Nonetheless, I prefer to be in a crowd, and as of late I've preferred anything with action involved.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Orc Warrior of the uncivilized sort. I always end up having the funniest moments with any green-skinned berserker. My personal preference to obstacles is to tackle them head-on, and only a raged Orc Warrior would dare to charge blade-first into, say, a platoon of Dwarven hand cannoneers. An Orc Rogue is also high on my list of favorites because it's always funny for someone to get assassinated by a lumbering green guy. Not all hulks have to smash!

What are your expectations of this server?:
This server is said to be one of the best. I believe that CotH will be a new and fun experience for me, especially compared to the archaic and repetitive high school curriculum. I also expect there to be mature, respectful, and enjoyable players here, and from what I've seen and heard, those expectations won't be unfulfilled.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Maturity. This aspect is severely lacking in almost all online games (Like Runescape, for example - the only reason I still play that game is to have a chat with the select few with a brain and common sense). CotH would bring about a... More pleasant gaming experience, to bluntly put it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is part of what I wrote for a school project on short stories. After seeing several errors upon reading it a third time, I decided to revise it. For ease of reading, it's double-spaced in between paragraphs.

A heavy breeze whistled above the forest canopy, rustling the countless leaves and filling the ears of one man with a near-deafening clamor. A flock of birds, numbering in the hundreds, scattered into the endless night sky. Deep in the canopy, a nest of primate-like creatures abruptly raised their heads in alert, clearly perturbed from such an unusual distraction.

That one man watched in silent shock as the spectacle laid out, only a mile away, unfolded with such brilliance that it illuminated the very heavens themselves. Amidst his shock, he brought himself to remember the moments, instances, and catalysts which brought this moment to exist. A wide assortment of emotions flashed through his eyes as he laid out each memory - emotions of devotion, pride, honor, respect, love, and glee. Though those feelings were vastly outnumbered by sentiments of contempt, hatred, and most of all... Loss.

The loss of family, the loss of friends, the loss of subordinates and comrades, and the loss of one Republic that he, along with countless millions of others, had grown to adore since their innocent childhoods had blossomed into a life of glorifying the civilization that they lived for.

The man's memories were lucid - the events, after all, had occurred only five years before. He cycled through week-long planetary sieges followed by numerous days spent in the confines of a strike cruiser's medical bay. But all these times had led to one moment: the destruction of the Republic by the bloodstained hands of an apocalyptic war that broke all the laws of honor laid down by warring ancestors millennia ago. He recalled watching from the observation window of his room as a volley of hadron missiles punctured into the side of the planet Guvtis Gate, vaporizing it in mere seconds, then hearing from the metallic tone of the ship's intercom that at least twenty thousand other planets, not to mention several thousand stars, had faced a similar fate as the one they were orbiting just a minute prior.

His eyes, then, were livid with rage until he focused his vision on what was happening just a mile away from him. At that moment, a grim smile spread across his face. The enemies on Sector 2-5 were finished; the orbital bombardment called on their fortress would leave only a wide expanse of glass in its wake. It's about time those Independence reeled in what they were fishing for. However, for all those planets destroyed by their hands... This is only a small testament compared to the hell we're about to unleash.

The comm-bead in his left ear shook him out of his reverie. "Colonel, this is High Command. we've received the coordinates you've sent to us. As you can see now, the enemy is no more in this sector. We're sending a bird in to pick you up. Stay where you are; your ride's gonna be there in just a minute. Out."

As soon as the comm-bead went dead, he had a sudden urge to duck. As he gave in to his instinct, a high-caliber round punctured the air where his head had just been.

Colonel Zorin Conti, the Syndicate's Forward Observer of Second Company, gave a feral grin, loading a fresh magazine into his trusted assault rifle.

It seems that the enemy hasn't been killed off just yet.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm kinda new to RPing and WoW, so I'd appreciate it if nobody expects me to hold extensive knowledge about lore, or just knowing my way around the game. I'd also like to apologize ahead of time if my RPing is questionable at first. Browsing the forums for help can only do so much! Of course, this means that I'm willing to be a sponge for any and all advice that could improve my RP. If there's something I've learned that has changed the course of my life, it's the acceptance of ideas and annihilation of all refusal to listen.
Welcome to CotH!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me :3

P.SPurple is FTW.