Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dingle's Intro...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I've been “gaming” for over 20 years now and have been involved in every type of game there is to play but lately gaming has been putting a real bad taste in my mouth with all the petty bickering and “drama”. It seems now more than ever there is a good portion of the gaming community that cares very little for the game they are playing and prefer to invest all their time and effort into the discouragement of others, it has become quite frustrating to deal with on a daily basis... one can only ignore so much.

My ultimate goal is to find some refuge where I can sit down and enjoy myself for a few hours while playing a game. My roleplay experience has been limited as I usually find myself around groups that do not participate in such activities or groups where all their parents got killed by somebody and yadda yadda revenge yadda yadda evil yadda yadda most powerful being in the universe yadda yadda all will fear me yadda yadda the world is mine types and while I like the idea of a good roleplay story that kind of nonsense is somewhat insulting so between the lack of a good community, a stifled creativity, frustration with the state of modern “communal” gaming and the inability to find a place where I can just have fun I have found myself at a loss.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from Canada, My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I used to play with a larger multi-game guild and when WoW was released we all came in together.

What made you seek our server over others?:

Well... I tried WoWscape as it was supposed to be the “biggest” but let's be honest, Retail has enough fine examples of why there should be a restriction on some peoples ability to breed, remove the 15 dollars a month and most private servers are simply a daycare for the socially inept. I'm hoping a serious RP community will have a bit more “class”.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

As I mentioned earlier I'm kind of new to “serious” roleplay, what appeals to me the most at this time revolves more around things like casual encounters and conversations, I like smaller engagements as large crowds can create a lot of confusion or talking over each-other and the “flow” can be a little sloppy, combat related roleplay is obviously necessary to some extent but I personally don't find it that “involving” as depending on the situation and what is being fought the combat can detract away from ones ability to write what they really want and the story can wind up rushed. While all types of roleplay can be fun I find the casual encounter style to be more conducive to a well thought experience.

What is your favourite race/class? Why?:

I don't really have any favourites, I have been gaming long enough that I know any race and/or class will eventually get boring if we are judging the situation solely on game-play but with the endless possibilities to create a story through roleplay the game-play takes a back burner seat to the story and while they go hand in hand the story in itself can be more entertaining than the game so at the end of the day the race and or class have little consequence, it is the driving force behind the story that seems important.

What are your expectations of this server?:

None, I am hoping to find a place where I can relax and have some fun but I “expect” nothing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Well of the whole setup that seems to be in place here I like the fact that if people don't fit in to your vision they are banned, it might seem like a totalitarian approach but at the same time it seems like it would maintain a very controlled setting for those who make it past the “filter”

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The air was thick with the smell of gun powder and smoke bellowed down the hallway as Ringle made his way to the workshop where his brother had been working on his latest creation, “Dingle?!” he queried while struggling to find the doorway, after a few moments of silence Ringle heard a faint “Shh”... “Dingle?, what in the world happened?! Are you hurt?” Ringle asked only to be acknowledged with another faint “Shh”.

Confused by the lack of response Ringle started fanning his way trough the smoke hoping to catch a glimpse of his brother, as he made his way farther into the room he could see parts, tools and general equipment strewn about like a bomb had gone off... which wasn't really out of place considering this was Dingle's workshop and in actual fact a bomb going off would have done wonders to clean the place up. “Dingle did you blow something up in here? What's with all the smoke?” Ringle asked tentatively getting no response. After a few short moments of fuddling around the room trying to make his way over to where he heard his brothers voice Ringle could hear what sounded like “rum”, “Rum? What do you mean Rum? I hardly think this is a good time to have a dr...” but before Ringle could finish his sentence Dingle burst out from the veil of smoke colliding head on with the unsuspecting Ringle who's attention had been diverted to an odd shimmer on the floor “RRRRRRUUUUUNNNN!” Dingle screamed at the top of his lungs as the 2 clambered over each other trying to get up.

After fighting each other down the hallway and eventually making their way out of the building Ringle and Dingle collapsed to the ground trying to catch their breath, “Dingle! What did you do?!” Ringle questioned as he began to frantically shake his brother. “I have some very bad news Ringle” Dingle replied in a very wavery voice. “Our house is going to blow up isn't it?” Ringle's voice now showing signs of distress, “Well?... Answer me!... Is our house going to blow up?!?!” Ringle now getting angry with fear... and yet still no response from his brother. “DINGLE!”... “Answer me!”... finally after what seemed like days of silence Dingle looked down at his pocket watch. “Nah, I think we're O.K.”.

With a sigh of relief Ringle rolled over onto his back, “Dingle, I swear... explosion or not you are going to be the death of me”... just then Ringle's mind took notice of his brothers statement... “Uhm, what do you mean you THINK we're O.K?... What's the bad news??” Dingle now on his feet and dusting himself off couldn't help but brandish a little chuckle “Meh... Don't worry about it... let's go eat!”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

The little story snippet above was done as a quick little “example”, I will not commit myself to my characters story until I know what this server and it's community are all about and if I am going to be a part of it so he may or may not have a brother named Ringle, he may or may not blow things up, he may or may not like to eat. I tried to make the example as true to form with what I might use for the character but his actual story won't be thought up until I know there is a valid reason for doing so.

On a more personal note I like to keep real life and game life completely separate, while I have many friends on-line I never let the on-line side interfere with real life, people can be anyone they want to be on-line and as such even the guy who seems like he is your best friend can't be trusted so while I know some people like to regard friends and relationships they establish on-line as being “real” I am not one of those people and everything will always be kept at a certain distance. Even if 9 out of 10 people are genuine... one of them isn't.

Sorry if the formatting on this is off or anything, the posting interface seems to be having some issues with Internet Explorer 8 and the text box jumps all over the place when I try to scroll or edit things.

Edit: Oh one other thing, I know this will sound kinda bad but figured I might want to mention it with all the talk about grammar and stuff, I have mild brain damage from one too many head injuries among other things and as such I have to concentrate a bit more when I type to make sure things come out right and when I get tired I sometimes type with dyslexia or random words will pop up when I intended a totally different word to be in its place, I try to keep a pretty tight lid on it but sometimes things can get a little "funny" with me and I generally try to avoid any serious conversations when I'm tired because it just makes me look like a retard. LOL
Welcome to CotH!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me :D

P.S Purple is the Win.

P.S.S I really liked your intro, and look forward to RP'in with you!
Zanzibar Wrote:Welcome to CotH!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me :D

P.S Purple is the Win.

P.S.S I really liked your intro, and look forward to RP'in with you!

Thanks, hopefully the powers that be approve so I can start "building" my characters character. heh