Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Nicdan's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been playing video games for a while but MMO/RPG's are definitely my favorite. I love jumping into a really deep storyline. I'm a mature person and hope to find some fun in this server, as lack of work has caused me to cancel my WoW subscription for retail.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born in the US, and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I saw a review for it on G4 and thought "I NEED to try this game" Bought it and loved it. Read a lot of the lore on the WoW website and loved that too, which got me into RPing.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I wanted a good RP server, and a populated one, so this seems like a good one. I missed RP on all the other private servers I played on.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I like serious RP. Even the random encounter in the middle of nowhere can turn out great. But RP with a good backstory and that can last a while is what I like. If I'm RPing with someone who has a well-thought out backstory, it's just awesome.

What is your favourite race/class? Why?:

Undead Warrior. Love the lore of the Forsaken and love the image of one walking around in heavy armor along with his trusty sword and shield. :mrgreen: I find it fun and simple to come up with a good storyline for an undead character.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm expecting a good RP community, but other than that hopefuly some cool and fun players. :D

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I love that you HAVE to RP on this server. RP/RP-PvP servers have a lot of non- RPers that can ruin RP. It's good that you moniter for non-RPer's as well.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Dorumas awoke. He was on the ground, but he wasn't sure why...He had a strange feeling to him as well, a sort of weightlessness...He felt somewhat sick as well, but he couldn't place what it was. He picked himself up off the ground but immediately fell back onto the ground on his knees. He felt weak, feeble. One look around and he saw buildings set ablaze, people screaming in the distance. The area around him was covered with bodies of the Scourge, but he wasn't sure why. He reached for his sword, which lay just a few feet away, but he gasped as he saw his hand was now missing all flessh and was just now a grotesque mess of bone and blood. He looked down at himself in shock. Bones jutted out in random areas, scattered flesh was all that remained of his once fair skin. He now remembered what happened. He was struck down by Scourge as he was defending Stratholme, and had become the very thing he had been raised to defend against. He was Forsaken.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

The story above was part of my character's (Dorumas) backstory. That's not the full thing, but I hope it gave you an idea of how good of an RP'er I am. And I hope I get this intro approved soon! :mrgreen:

Edit:11:37 AM: Made a server account, but I dont think I was supposed to until I got an approval, as I just now found out...Will I get banned for this? It was an accident...
nicdan Wrote:Edit:11:37 AM: Made a server account, but I dont think I was supposed to until I got an approval, as I just now found out...Will I get banned for this? It was an accident...

I think they changed the rule about approval before making the account, now you can play on the server but you have to make sure your introduction is accepted and you have an approved profile before you go over level 40 or it will mean getting a ban. (Idea from what I understand is to encourage getting a good footing in roleplay before you worry too much about PvE content)
Just to clarify stuff.
The introduction approval system doesn't work like that anymore, because it was too big of a job for the few GMs. You post an introduction, and you're accepted automatically unless told otherwise.
About character levels? The current cap is level 50 - going above it would most likely result in character suspension, like it was said in some stickies, if my memory serves me right. Fully approved character profiles allows the character to be levelled up to 80.

Welcome to the server!
dilnikas Wrote:The current cap is level 50 - going above it would most likely result in character suspension, like it was said in some stickies, if my memory serves me right. Fully approved character profiles allows the character to be leveled up to 80.

I just wanted to add that the character is typically not suspended and the level is just dropped back down to 50.

Adding again onto the level 80 character thing. Keep in mind that you need to get your vouches and become a Grunt along with the approved character to get it leveled to 80.
Nope, the character is suspended if you pass 50 without being a grunt with an approved profile.