Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Omi's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am 33 years old and a gamer for life . Without any doubt Life is the best mmorpg ever but somehow I have always enjoyed creating other worlds inside my imagination. I like to draw, paint or write and I got hooked early on books, comics, movies and videogames. As a gamer I like many things: stunning visuals, immersive stories, hard puzzles, strategic thinking, a competition, teamwork, friends.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in Belgium, and my primary language is Dutch, luckily my mind has been fed with tons of books and magazines written in English since childhood and once we got online I even got better at writing, so I hope that won't be a problem.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
WarCraft 3 is one of my all-time favorites and I still play it sometimes cause most RTS games didn't even come close to the magic it brought us when we first played it, At the time of the launch I was playing EverQuest 2 but a lot of friends that never played mmorpgs all got into warcraft and so did I after a few months. At start I was a bit disappointed but after the first battle of Astranaar I never went back to Norrath.

What made you seek our server over others?:
My subscription has ended for a while now because the lack of interest and this is mostly because of how the actual game-experience has evolved. But yesterday I suddenly got the urge to play Warcraft and I ended up on a private Fun-server and fun it was, a lot … for a while but then I saw the dedication of the GM's to govern their world. It gave me a new hope, I suddenly started dreaming of a server where people would stay in character because their world is governed by people who don't care that they will lose me as a customer if I come to destroy the experience of their world. And then ….I find your heaven.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like the immersion in an alternate universe, to make it a place where I am the same self in another form, in another world with it's own rules and mysteries. Another existence where things are possible that are not in our world. Fighting for Glory, Flying on a dragon, shooting magic, exploring new lands, helping your friends in battle, wild parties in the strangest places, It can be anything.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I still love the Forsaken race from my time as a fearless mage and lazy rogue but after my third incarnation as a Tauren druid this has become my favorite. I guess it suits best who I am and I like role-playing myself as if I would have been born in another world and body.
I like choice and druid has this freedom to be whatever you want to be.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have high expectations because of the effort you people have done to make this possible and of the way the community is being build. So I hope I can become part of this world and spend a lot of time with you all inside the Warcraft Universe.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Role-playing: General population on RP-servers ignore it completely.
Maturity: My experience learned me that most of the time good role-players are also nice and mature people.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Born of the Earth-Mother in the light of the Moon.
I am Tauren,
Keeper of the Garden.

Marked deep in my soul with the fire of the wild.
I am Bear,
Guardian of the Weaker.

Swift swimmer of the sea, breather of water.
I am Walrus,
Traveler of the Water.

Muscles on swift legs bringing my body to incredible speed.
I am Leopard,
Traveler of Lands

Invisible and silent prowler, unseen to the blind and the deaf.
I am Cat,
Explorer of the Night.

Enforcing my friends with the power of Rebirth.
I am Tree of Life,
Healer of the Wounded.

Carried by the Winds, freed of the binding roots of the Earth
I am Bird,
Traveler of Sky

Feral moments of Balanced energy Restored to the source
I am Druid,
Shifter of shapes

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Great job you are doing here, no matter if I get in or not, I wish you the best.
Welcome to CoTH!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me :D

P.S: Purple is the win!