Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My introductory post.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, all. I'm not exactly new to this server, having tried it pre-wrath and losing my computer, (although I never received vouches, as at the time I was mostly "just looking",) but now that I have a new computer, I'm ready to try my hand at role-playing again. I'm sticking to the template with this intro, so that I don't ramble too much.

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: Me? I'm your average young adult, struggling to make his way, who enjoys computer games a little too much. Yes, I'm a bit of a nerd, but with most of the people I know, that's a good thing. I enjoy roleplaying as well, however I wasn't readily able to find good roleplay on the Live servers, even the ones people said were "RP havens".

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I come from the United States, New York to be precise, (the state, not just the city,) and my first and only language is English, although I've been trying to learn Japanese (and failing horribly)

How did you get into Warcraft?: I've played Warcraft since I was a little kid. Sure, I may not be an expert at it, but I've played it from Orcs and Humans to Warcraft 3, (I haven't tried Frozen Throne, sadly.) I picked up a trial copy of World of Warcraft from a friend and thought it was pretty cool, and ended up playing it for a while.

What made you seek our server over others?: One word: Roleplay. I'm a roleplayer, plain and simple, and none of the other private servers seem to have any sort of Roleplay whatsoever. I'd stay on the Live servers, but I'd rather not pay $15 dollars a month for a game that has very little RP, which happens to be the main reason I'm playing the game.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: Any kind of roleplay appeals to me, from action, to peaceful tavern roleplay, and it usually depends on the preferences of the character I'm playing as. As a player, however, I must say that crowds tend to get a bit tedious, as I have to keep track of who is talking to who. This isn't to say I wouldn't RP in a large group, but I usually prefer less people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: I have always enjoyed the Tauren. Something about them draws me to them. My very first character was a Tauren shaman, and I have to say that that is my favorite class as well, as it is the one I am most familiar with. Lore-wise, I enjoy the Tauren society, and I find the idea of playing as a spiritual sort of character fascinating, but personally, I enjoy the looks of the Tauren and their city, and Shamans are my favorite due to their ability to do a little bit of everything.

What are your expectations of this server?: It's a private server, so I don't expect mass amounts of people, although just peeking at the forums, the population has seemed to grow a bit since I was here last, which is nice, as there are more people to interact with. I don't mind glitches, as I'm sure keeping the place in ship shape would go way over my head, although I would probably not enjoy major bugs, like not being able to respawn as a ghost or somesuch.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: While it seems to be an annoyance to some, (and I certainly saw it as such at first,) I appreciate your vouch system, as not only does it prove people are there to roleplay before you give them privileges, it proves that they can get along with other people out-of-character as well, which I think is well worth the wait for three people to vouch on your introduction.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Spoiler:
Dreammist sat by the river in Bloodhoof village. He had set up a flat sheet of rock to work on, as he used a long, thin tool to cut a line into a piece of round malachite before he rapped it with a small hammer, splitting it in half. He placed each half in the eye sockets of a small copper squirrel statue, and smiled softly as the gems glowed dimly, before growing dark again. Of course, he didn't expect it to work yet. He hadn't put in the modulator... Dreammist loved to tinker. It was an odd trait for a Tauren, to be sure, but it kept him grounded. The voices of the spirits and the call of the elements were nice, and all, but sometimes he just needed to relax, and this seemed to keep those voices at bay.
The Tauren seemed to tolerate his eccentricities, although a Blood Elf or five, along with quite a few Forsaken, had, on many occasions, called him stark raving mad. He didn't mind, though. He had his gems, his gadgets, and more often than not, the spirits were rather civil, carrying on conversations with him. Still, there would always be one or two, that demanded he do something... it wasn't uncommon for him to stop in the middle of a conversation to whittle or focus on a small iron puzzle he had to drown out the voice.
Some tried to "cure" him of this malady, but he wouldn't hear a word of it. He was a Shaman, and the spirits were his responsiblity.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: While I do have one or two characters I use frequently, especially the one in the story above, I do tend to suffer from alt-itis occasionally, and would make up a new character on the fly, sometimes just to see if I could play that character convincingly, an old Darkspear Troll 2nd War veteran, for example. I usually try not to stick with those characters if they get too annoying.

Well, that's my intro, and I can't wait to check out this server!
Making characters is fine and dandy... I think... :D

Welcome to the server!