Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction: Leoleonardo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

As a player, I enjoy playing towards an ultimate goal such as the conclusion of an arching RP event or perhaps defeating the final boss of an RPG. When I first began playing World of Warcraft, The very idea of World of Warcraft's roleplay servers seemed to good to be true. Sadly, this old adage proved itself once more, as the RP servers were simply PvE areas where a few people walked and spoke funny. I'm honestly sick of being in the minority of roleplayers on an RP server, so I have been searching for private server where roleplay is the majority for a change. I also continue to play retail for the other two aspects of the game, PvP and PvE.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I was born in the United States and have lived there for my entire life, so far. I am a native English speaker, and I believe I managed to master it to a modest degree. I am able to speak Spanish as well, a useful skill both online and off.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I grew up with Warcraft games, though I only became decent with WCII. I was pulled into Warcraft by the trendy boxart that funneled my younger mind's attention directly to it. Getting into WoW was simply a later step on the path.

What made you seek our server over others?:

At first, I sought the server out as it was at the top of my Google search. The relatively large number of players compared to other private servers and the strict entrance policies cause this site to shine above all others. The name was a selling point as well, I play Horde on the Retail.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

I enjoy using tavern roleplay as a springboard towards larger events; however my time on non-private servers have led me to enjoy any form of RP I find. I suppose you could say I enjoy roleplaying in it's entirety.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race and class would have to be a Tauren Druid. The power to call nature itself to aid you has always been an amazing power in my view. I would choose Tauren over Night Elf druids because their large size provides a unique perspective in World of Warcraft.

What are your expectations of this server?:

On a scale of one to ten, I would say eleven. Simply comparing these forums against the official WoW roleplay forums reveals the immense contrast.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Other than the maturity requirements, I enjoy the lack of one regulation the most. The ability to speak cross-faction is just great.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The Hero and the Scholar
The burning sun, high in the sky, beat down upon a curious procession in a small, nameless hamlet on the plains of Westfall. The gathering of farmers, children, and the odd merchant were trekking closely behind a tall, lanky man hardly old enough to be considered an adult. The man was armored in polished silver, a glinting beacon in the sun of the 'noon, in both armor and the sweat that adorned his face. The group was abuzz with chatter, which while mostly unintelligible droning; a certain word floated to the ears of a nearby scholarly man draped in purple robes. Grunting in distaste, the man pulled himself away from the corner he had occupied and lifted his balding head up towards the center of attention, the hero.

Jogging over, with a sense of urgency the scholar placed himself in the path of the man of the hour. The hero, so absorbed in the attention of his crowd, collided with the blockading man and flinched backwards in suprise. Righting himself, the hero returned to a lordly posture, and stared at the scholar quizzically. "Why do you block my path, good sir?" "Because I aim to save you from a foolish mistake." Looking the hero over slowly, the scholar spoke again. "Why do you wear such armor in this heat? Should you not don it during battle instead?"

The hero simply smiled and laughed at the scholar, as if the robed man was ignorant of common knowledge. "Because, you ignorant bookkeeper, this armor is the symbol of the greatness I shall achieve. It was said at my birth that as long as I donned this blessed armor, I would go on to defeat many great evils."
The adoring crowd cheered at this statement, feeding off the heroics yet to happen. An infuriated look crossed the scholar's face, a mixture of anger and frustration, yet he persevered at his task. "Many things exist in this world, magic, demons, and arcana all have a place. But such birthrights do not exist, if your foolishness leads to your death another will fill the minuscule void your demise leads to."

The crowd began to grow silent, concerning the hero even more than the scolding advice of the scholar. Waving the scholar off, he shoved past the robed intellectual and sprinted off in the clanking silver armor, turning around to yell a declaration to elicit more cheers. "Good people, I am off, off to slay the evil which infest this world, wherever they may lie!" The scholar sighed and turned away, walking back to his previous station and closing his eyes to nap.

Days later, the word was heard again in a different light this time. The word which creates heroes and sets lives. The word representing the subject the scholar loathed so much. The word that had led the new hero to die of heat exhaustion before ever making it out of Westfall. The word known as destiny.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
Welcome to CoTH!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me :D

P.S: Purple is the win!