Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jeff's Introduction! Yay!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone! I don't mean to start this like a n00b, but here's my introduction. I
played on this server once a really long time ago, but my computer crashed and I had to
wipe it, and I just never could seem to get back into it. But here I am, itching for
some roleplay, and this server came to mind!

First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Jeff! I'm 18 years old, so that should tell you a lot about me. Think about
your average 18 year old nowadays: Jobless, horny, arrogant, needy, clingy, paranoid,
newly arrived at college... And so on. That's me. ...For the most part. I guess I'm not
all that arrogant. At any rate, I'm something of a nerd. (read: mega-nerd. Do not
confuse this with SUPER-nerd. That's a step above me.) But I mean really, nerds are the
new popular guys these days. So I guess I fit into a lot of different cliques. Or none.
Crap.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States of America, born and raised in Eastern Pennsylvania. My
primary language is and has always been English. (Americanized, of course.) However, I
have taken 3 years of Spanish, and know it well enough to communicate with others using
the language. Why, once I was playing on Retail WoW and was fortunate enough to meet
with someone from Spain! We had a very pleasant conversation!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing WoW right before TBC came out, played it for about six months before
it dropped and six months after, and lost all interest. Honestly, I'm fairly certain it
was the monthly cost that drove me away.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I won't lie to you. The number one reason I chose this server over others was that
there was a lot of people playing at the time I signed up. The others had somewhere
between 10-15 players, and this one had over 30. Sold.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer roleplay in medium-sized crowds, of ten or so people. I like Dramatic and
Mystery type roleplays, where not everything is action based, (but there is enough to
shake a stick at) and most everything is driven by character.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like Blood Elves because they're not so tree-huggish as the Night Elves are, but I
love elves. BEs are not without their flaws, however, they're a bit too selfish and
"pretty" for me. (Pretty is in quotes because I wasn't sure how else to say it. What I
meant was that they care a bit too much about looking presentable.)

What are your expectations of this server?:
Honestly, all I've come to expect is a fun time and some good roleplay. I won't set my
standards too high, I just want to feel like I'm in a great league of roleplayers.
Since the bar is set so high here, what with introductions without grammar mistakes and
with detail a-plenty, it would appear I have come to the right place.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the
most?:
Oddly, I'd say that my favorite rule listed is the rule against language. I played on a
server a little bit ago in which I was EASILY the best roleplayer there, even better
than the present admins. (allow me to pause a second to buff my nails on my coat.....
and.... moving on.) But that wasn't what bugged me. What bugged me the most is that the
admins and other players around made frequent use of the F-word, even when in-
character! I don't see any Warcraft characters running around using modern "cuss"
words! I would have let it slip if they had been original and at least made something
up, but it was clear to me that even the admins weren't sure what they were doing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want
to see your work in action. Go!:
((This is based on a completely fictional lore, and should not, in any way, be confused
with the actual lore of... well... anything. I'm trying to keep this short, for the
most part, so I'm forgoing some of the more descriptive parts of the story.))
The congregation of Magisters had gathered around the Sunspire, twenty or thirty of
them all standing in a large group in front of a giant platform. Upon this platform
stood two Blood Elves, Tiathraeh and Ilil. Tiathreah was a tall woman with a slender
body, dressed head to toe in red robes. Ilil was a short man, and in his left hand, he
held a large staff. Ilil's eyebrows seemed permanently drawn into a scowl. Merin was
among the group of Magisters, though he did not belong. Earlier that day, many guards
had been going into shops and houses, practically turning the buildings over in order
to find magic-users. Merin had seen these acts happening, admittedly with much more
brute force than would have been necessary, and decided to pose as one of them in order
to learn more about the commotion. He hid his weapons in a nearby crate and donned a
fallen robe found nearby, dropped by one of the abducted Magisters. It didn't take them
long to find him, and hours later, he found himself standing in the center of the
Sunspire.
The Magisters were chattering amongst themselves in low, almost grim tones. Tiathraeh
stepped forward and rose a hand, palm toward the group, and a hush fell on the crowd.
"Ladies and Gentlemen. Magisters. You have been brought here today because your city
needs you." She began pacing across the platform. "Some years ago, the Alliance and the
Horde joined forces to destroy a force that threatened our very lifeforces themselves."
She faced the crowd once more. "We have received word that this same force is on the
move once more." The Magisters whispered to one another, scared and confused. Tiathraeh
waited and watched, until silence reigned supreme in the room once more. She nodded and
continued pacing before continuing. "We have called the Magisters together in order to
unify our power, to cast two spells. Just two." She held up her index and middle
fingers. "Two shields. One to protect the Sunspire. If the Sunspire falls, the rest of
the city is sure to fall with it. The other shield is meant to protect the city. This
shield will prevent any member of the opposing force's army from teleporting into
Silvermoon. It will also point out the locations of any ... infected... members of our
city in order to ... cleanse.. them." She paused as she chose her words carefully. The
Magisters began chattering once more. Ilil stepped forward and slammed the butt of his staff on the ground, a deafening bang ringing throughout the hall. "Silence." His word was loud and clear, and the order was obeyed. From one side of the congregation, a deep voice rose. "What is this force? You've spoken of infection and cleansing. You've spoken about how you need our help, yet you tell us nothing of what we are defending the city from!" A second voice called from the same side of the gathering. This one obviously female. Young, too. "How do we know this force is on it's way? How do we even know it's real?" Magisters everywhere were beginning to shout protests and arguments, even pleas, and apologies. Tiathraeh turned to Ilil and whispered, "This is getting out of hand." From the opposite side, a man called out, louder than the rest. "You expect us all to agree with this silly shield plan? If we know the force is coming, why don't we raise an army, and meet it head on in battle? You said we've fought this thing before, and won, why not do it again?" Ilil stepped forward on his platform and answered. "You expect us to send thousands of soldiers into battle to watch them be wiped out once more!?" He was obviously angry now. Tiathraeh put a hand on Ilil's shoulder, who backed away from the scene, breathing deeply. Adressing the group, she spoke gently. "I promise you, all of your questions and concerns will be addressed in time." The noise died down once more, the ideas mulling over in the heads of the mages. One last voice rose. A man's. He was standing directly in front of Merin. "What if something goes wrong? What if this so-called shield.... becomes more like a cage?"
Silence.
Ilil stepped forward once more, a harshness and urgency in his voice. "One of the followers of the Old God is among us. I.. I can sense him. He is here!" He closed his eyes, concentrating on the scene around him. Magisters began panicking and frantically looking around them. Merin's eyes remained fixed on Ilil. Ilil opened his eyes quickly and looked down at the scene. "There." He extended an arm, holding his fist out, and slowly unfurled his index finger. The entire gathering traced the path of the finger. Save for one man. Merin already knew where the finger was pointed. Every single Magister, including the two leaders on the platform turned to face Merin. He dropped into a fighting stance and clenched his fists, cursing the Gods for having had him ditch his sword.
Ilil nodded. "Now we will cleanse you, traitor."
Ilil raised both palms to Merin and muttered something in an unintelligible language.
The scene faded to white, and Merin awoke, an undetermined number of hours later, lying in a pit that smelled of rotting meat. He scanned the scene to discover the source of the stench. He was lying on a pile of Blood Elf carcasses, some of which he had even known personally. Suddenly, an intense realization washed over him. Merin would have been able to vouch for the bodies below him, and prove that they were no agents of this "Old God". And Merin, himself, was certainly no agent. That left only one possibility. Ilil himself was corrupted.

((I have no idea why the formatting is so funky... friggin windows...))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Uhhh... I like mudkips?
Weelcomeee to theee seeerveeer!
Thank you! :)