Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: *drum roll* Introduuuucing... ROX!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hola! Me llamo Roxzman (also known as Corey)... No hablo espanol! So anyway, I don't speak Spanish and i'm ninty five percent positive I spelled "llamo" wrong. Anywho, onward about myself! I'm a 20 year old lazy bum who enjoys RPing anything from forum role plays to RPG's on the GBA (pokemon ftw?). I'm six feet tall with dark brown hair and glasses. Oh, and my iris color is all weird. For some reason, the outermost part of the iris is dark brown while the center-most (closest to the pupil) is a dark green. I'm a freak, what can I say. I've been role playing since I was about 10 years old on a text based game called Feudal Realms (though it closed down when I was 16). After it ended I moved on to role play my first passion... Star Wars!!! All in all, I look forward to playing with everyone and getting into some super kick ass RP's.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I hail from Central America; Illinois to be exact. I'm just north enough not to have a southern accent but just south enough to not be considered a yankee... At least I was. That is until I moved into a friends house in Pennsylvania. My primary language is English. And as you can tell from the beginning I know, basically, two lines of Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally got into WoW when a friend of mine wanted me to play. Her and her boyfriend both played religiously. It was a good and bad situation really. It was great if I wanted to play with someone... just that someone was rarely my friend. Then I just kinda got tired of paying 15 bucks to run around booty bay getting ganked or running through whatever town is east of the undercity and getting annihilated by a raiding party. So all in all I played for about two to three months.

What made you seek our server over others?:
The number of people. Everyone I went the population was too low. It's understandable really but 10 people isn't enough to occupy the whole world of Azeroth and create some really invigorating role play. So when I saw the server status on this site, I chose it instead of the others.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Any really; that is as long as the players respect each other enough to role play well. Feudal Realms was a lot of fun but seemed to be populated with the "I'm way better than you so leave me alone" type of role players. It might have been because I was 10-15 years old who was role playing with up to 25 years old. And I'll be honest, I haven't done very much WoW role play. I'm kinda intrigued how a fight RP works. Each one I've been in has been enjoyable but there have been approximately ZERO fights. But going back to what I said... I'll RP any RP you want. Just don't expect me to RP in excruciatingly high detail of something I might not know of (fly fishing >.>)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Asmodians! Oh... for WoW? I'd have to say Blood Elves... which is weird cause they're the preps of WoW. I think the thought of a single race that are all imbued with magic sounds awesome. I mean yeah, undead are kinda magic since they're... well dead. But Blood Elves are known for their magical abilities. And my favorite class is split. I am an assassin/rogue at heart but I really enjoy to play someone with magic. So usually i'm either a mage or a warlock. I only say i'm an assassin/rogue at heart because when I do role play them I tend to think of some odd way to get to my target or pickpocket an item off of another person. I don't mean to brag especially since I couldn't RP a warrior class or a paladin (righteous) class to save my life. (It would always end up with "You should not steal. Follow the light! EVERYONE LOVE EACH OTHER!!!")

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm not exactly sure what you, the interrogator, means by that. If you're asking what do I expect of the people then I would say I expect fun role play. I'll try as hard as I can to role play as well as everyone else so everything is smooth. However, if you're asking on the technical expectations... I expect it not to crash :P

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
That's easy. Language and Maturity. Several RP's I've joined where the language consisted of as follows:

"i jupm in front of u adn stop teh bulet with my hand and grab ur butt and smiel an walk away"

That was one of the worst RP's I've ever seen... of all time. Combined with the shotty spelling, the lack of all punctuation known to humankind, and the weird attempt to hit on a girl... well I kinda died a little inside. Not only is it the three I listed above but the use of swear words. I can handle mostly anything under the sun but for some reason, most commonly in Star Wars, I noticed people dropping the F-Bombs everywhere. Like REALLY?! When did Han Solo ever go, "F*#& you Lando Calrissian! We were mother-f*$&ing friends!"

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: A story? YOU WANT A STORY?!

This is simply using the world of Azeroth I suppose...
"Klink klink klink klink..." The raindrops, heavy and cold, landed on row after row after row of Heavily Armored Warrior Orcs. Their General paced quietly in front of the small contingent of male and female warriors all the while each breath became more and more dragged. The air was heavy with anticipation; heavy with the forethought of the coming battle. On the horizon stood a group of maybe 200 Alliance Warriors. All of different shapes and sizes. Dwarves to Night Elves to Humans and Draenei.

There were but 50 Orcs. As the General passed by each of his men he gave a slight nod. He recognized them and their bravery. It was probably going to be a slaughter. The group of Blood Elf Mages never arrived and the Trolls with their mastery over Bow and Arrows hadn't shown themselves either. The General had even expected a small squad of Undead Elite warriors to join the fray but the Queen had failed him. Thrall was going to be displeased. This battle was going to determine a stronghold that was to be positioned perfectly between two cities; one Horde city and one Alliance.

Suddenly, cheers came from the far end of the field. The Orcs squinted their eyes only to feel the dread fill their flesh and blood. A large group of Human Paladins arrived, hoping to "cleanse" the field of battle of the Plague that lay but 200 yards away. The Paladins, atop their brilliant gold plated steeds, moved to the front of the battle. Their thirst for blood would be far from holy if it were anything but members of the Horde.

The General spit. Quickly he drew his might battle axe that adorned his back and pointed it forward. It wasn't a word though it was a language that his Orcish brethren understood. With a deep and guttural cry the Orcs ran forward into oblivion. The Paladins readied themselves on their mounts and unsheathed their shields and blades. The rest of the Alliance did as well and the result was 250 armed warriors filled with excitement and rage. In a few mere seconds, steel smashed against steel and blade against blade. Quickly there were cries of pain and anguish from both sides.

The General was in the middle of it all. He swung his mighty axe as hard and as fast as he could, hewing the enemy numbers as much as possible. All around him his allies were falling to his feet and being stepped on by dirty Alliance boots. With a massive cry he entered a frenzy that was sure to fill the enemy full of fear.

Left, right, left, down, up, and right his bloodied axe flew. As he ended one swing he felt the strange and foreign feeling of a blade in his thigh. He turned around only to cleave the sword in two and strike down the owner. There were maybe ten Orcs left, not counting himself. His frenzy began to die as did his fleeting urgency to live. Another blade stabbed him in the back and he dropped to one knee. The pain was worse than what he had felt before. He almost wished for death to hold him; for death to take him to whatever god he bowed too.

But that was when he heard it. A faint cry, getting louder and louder. He hadn't noticed it till now but the rain created a thick fog around the fight. The constant swinging of sword and shield must have kept it at bay. As though they came from the shadows themselves, spells of Fire and Ice and Arcane magic flew over the fields. The Alliance was caught off guard, unaware of what to do. The remaining Paladins took course toward the hidden Mages. Their eyes, hidden behind thick steel helms, were focused on the dense fog when from Azeroth herself, the undead began to rise. As hand after hand broke the surface of mud the horses lost balance, dropping their owners to the ground. First they were just bone, then it was decayed flesh and armor. But it didn't stop. With a heavy and deep blow into the war-horn, Trolls amassed among the other side, firing arrows into the crowd of Alliance.

The General was rejuvenated; filled with an unholy thirst for blood. He stood one more and began again at thinning the enemy ranks.

The battle lasted for two days and two nights. For on the third morning sunlight bathed the field with it's warmth. The Alliance was defeated. The groups of Horde soldiers amassed into a single group. There were few Blood Elves left. After the first day, a group of warriors lead by a few paladins broke the fog and attacked Mage after Mage. It wasn't long into the second day when a small group of Human Priests began to resurrect warrior after warrior on the field. Most of the undead died against the Priests alone. The trolls numbered the most though all of them resorted to using only blades by the middle of the second day.

A few Trollish farmers were walking by the field when they saw the group. Not being able to tell what the group was doing, they walked to a nearby hill; one that was covered in burn marks from spells gone astray. When the farmers got to the top, they saw the center of the group.

There were only four Orcs left and they stood at each corner of a single corpse laying upon the ground. They were weeping over their friend who had died at the end of the battle due to too many wounds and blood loss. The rest of the Horde had grouped around them to help them mourn for their loss.

Three Blood Elf Mages took a few steps back and began to wave their arms and mumbling incoherent words. All at the same time they shot their arms forward creating small bursts of light above the corpse. When the light dimmed, dirt seemed to crawl it's way over the corpse and words had magically began to float above the newly created grave.

The words simply read:

"Here lies Gronuk. A General who died for his faction and for his men."

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! Seriously though, sorry it's so long. I ended up getting carried away so if it's hard to read or something seems confusing then i'm really sorry.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I like to Role Play... >.>
Excellent effort, good work!

Welcome to CotH!
Woot woot! Thanks :D