Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Meet Parker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I first started doing text-based RPs in chat rooms as a young kid (around 8 years old, I'm 19 now) and I usually cite that as my first RP experience, moving on from there onto message board and hybrid-based styles. I started to get into Starcraft and other Blizzard games after that, leaving RP behind before becoming an enthusiast RP map player on Warcraft 3 (maybe some players on this server remember that?). I played World of Warcraft for a long time, at many times thinking about rolling on RP servers but turned away by the lack of accessible, actual RP as well as enforcement.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States. English is my primary language but I can also speak Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Big fan of Blizzard games, so it was the next logical step to try it. Haven't played too many other MMOs prior to and since though.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I've always wanted a server with skilled, fun RPers and you guys seemed like an overly hardcore bunch. It's actually quite intimidating.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Everything in moderation. Sometimes relaxing tavern roleplay is a good alternative, but I definitely prefer something containing remnants of a plot and storyline. I like my RPs to be dynamic and always moving forward.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I did lots of raiding on retail servers, so based solely on function I had the funnest time as an Undead Protection Warrior. For the purposes of this server: I don't know yet!

What are your expectations of this server?:
Mature, enforced roleplay with friendly, accessible players. Above all, fun!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like 'em all, to be honest. They all seem like common sense rules, but if I had to pick one it'd be humility. Even the most seasoned RPers can sometimes suffer from special snowflake syndrome.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action.
Go!:
Quick, meager paces along the dirty path were swept away by the wind and jovial chirps of forest birds as he approached the monstrosity. It was drinking by the river: perfectly and entirely harmless. He glanced around for security, slowly peering into the creature's paws. Thick, russet fur complemented razor-sharp claws to make a lean, mean, killing machine. But yet, there it was: a miniature red sack clenched within the bear's mitts jingling with the sound of hard-earned gold, stolen away the moment our dimwitted hero had left it by the vendor to catch a glimpse of a scantily-clad night elf that had dropped her dagger. He drew his blade out leisurely and silently, eyes fixed on that sack of gold, which seemed to shimmer with brilliant illumination for all the trouble he had gone through to earn it. Slowly, he creeped towards the bear, claymore raised above his head. But as always for this luck-lacking lackey, things never go according to plan. This episode's interruption: stepping on an ill-placed twig. A sharp snap arose and the beast, once calm and tranquil, had switched faces to the atrocious fiend that nature had intended him to be. Alert as a fox, our hero swept in with his arms out like an eagle, swinging his blade mindlessly to push the brute into the river. The creature responded: the brown beast slowly back stepped backwards into the stream, losing it's footing as it tripped and banged its head against a sharp river stone. The sack of gold rolled away from its open paws and onto a nearby stone. Not one to pass on chance, he leaped into the river, blade raised, to deliver the killing blow. But the beast wasn't as banged up as he had thought, as it speedily rolled out of the way. Our hero made a quick swipe at the bag of gold, but the beast came from behind and swung, sending our hero spinning into the stream, claymore flying point-first into a patch of dirt. Lying face down for only a moment, he quickly arose, as tall and stout as ever. In a quick fluid motion he untied his cloak with one hand and threw it onto a nearby bush. With the bear now standing immobile and watching, seemingly cowering at the approaching prospect of his own destruction, he strode over and pulled his weapon out from the ground. He used his wrist and span the blade once, then pulling it behind him and attaining a fighting stance. The bear roared, and as it came stampeding towards our hero he, with one rapid, graceful swing, sent the charging beast flying backwards and into the ground. He sauntered over to the body of his dispatched enemy, its russet fur now soaked, spoiled, and crimson, and relished his moment of silent, sweet victory.
Until he realized that the sack of gold had been swept downstream during the clash. The following profanity-ridden tirade was anything but silent.
Welcome to the server, Parker!

I hope you find yourself suitable soon. Just be sure to /join chat and you'll come along easily.
You haven't really been welcomed until you've been welcomed by MAULBANE!

WELCOME!