Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I, Lorimer - A Conquest of the Horde (TM) Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: Howdy thar! T'name's Jacob, 15-year-old, soon-to-be-16 dunce from the depths of the void (well, not really, but I won't insult your intelligence by claiming you didn't understand that by yourselves). Now, don't let the cheery greeting fool you; I'm not the happy-go-lucky kind of guy I may seem to be at first glance. However, role-play is like balm for my melancholic soul, and if met with proper such, one may convert me for the day. O joy!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: Originating from the mountains of the cold north I-- No. Not Northrend, you twag! Sweden! Yes, the land of vikings, with the national steed being the Volvo, where polar bears walk the streets, and ice cream serves as a means to warm oneself those awfully cold winter days.

How did you get into Warcraft?: My memory has become faulty during old days - I am not as young as I was at eight - but I believe it all started in 2005. I had a friend who was, and still is, bitten by a Murloc, and transformed into the horrid abomination we know as the average WoW-geek. He tried to initiate me into this cult of evilness (of evil), but I blatantly refused, having to deal with SWG the same year, which to me was such a bore. However, I felt myself drawn towards the colourful world, but not compelled by PvP or PvE, but the aspects of WoW that shared traits with RPGs. Though my first role-playing steps were shaky, I soon was, O horror, stuck.

What made you seek our server over others?: To be frank, I haven't sought out any other yet. But I've been peeking around here a little, and I like what I've seen so far, so I'll give you an honest shot. You seem worth it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: It's hard to put it in a section, this one... I enjoy role-play ordinary-life. Such as, for example, I live in Booty Bay. I've logged out in my bed, and now I "wake up", dressed in pyjamas "gear". I walk out on the balcony, and breathe in the salty air, by means of emotes, before walking over to a corner in the room to undress and dress. I walk downstairs to eat breakfast, which lies in my inventory. Fish, bread and water, a simple diet, purchased from merchants in the harbour-city. When done, I take a stroll along the jetty, greeting people I know, before I decide to catch my own lunch from the shore further away, where no-one else comes.

Though, this is often disrupted by the fact that this is a lonely undertaking, and often goes unappreciated by everyone else. It takes the fun out of it, but hopefully I'll find someone, one day, that shares the wish for such heavy RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: I hate all the races and classes. There, I said it. They feel close to the Warcraft 3-experience, but not close enough. However, there are classes and races I prefer above others. Among races, I find the orcs, trolls, Forsaken, dwarves and draenei to be more interesting, with the orcs as the winner by far. When it comes to classes, then the paladin, warlock, warrior and rogue appeal to me. Can't offer any depth here, though.

What are your expectations of this server?: I noticed the low(er) number of players active regularly, so my only expectation is that they live up to the heavy RP I hope they conduct.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: I only have one of your rules to comment on, and I'll be doing it in yellow, because yellow is a happy colour.

Keyboard skills requirement = Lorimer loves you very much

Finally! I am so sick and tired of role-players who seem to be bashing their keyboards with two-handed maces instead of using their fingers! Far too many times have I cried my eyes out, cursing the kiddies who dropped out of elementary school for making my life miserable (and causing partial vision impairment).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Life's Eclipse

Why is it so dark? he thought, confused.
He couldn't remember where he was, or how he got here. He had a vague memory of an impending loss of... yes, what? He was unable to recall. As he came to his senses, he was able to analyze his situation. A wet... mass was pressing against his face, and he realized he couldn't breathe. As his eyes began to dart around, seeking some light, but found none, he began to panic.

"Pap'? Pap', you there?"

And suddenly he remembered, and he raised his head out of the mud. He was playing with his children, how could he have forgotten? And he had tripped on a branch, and fallen. That was just moments ago... but, it felt so distant.

He didn't have time to reflect more over the matter, since the feet of his youngest son, Elrim, appeared before his eyes.

"Pap'? Need help?"

"Yes, El, I do. Mind lending me a hand?"

Elrim grabbed hold of his father's fingers with his own tinier ones, and made an effort to pull him up straight. The youngster wasn't strong enough to contribute, but his pap' acted like the boy managed to pull his father's weight.

"Whoa, you're getting strong, Elrim" he chuckled and patted El's tuft, and the the boy's eyes beamed with pride.

"I've been training, pap'! I've been lifting logs everyday, and soon I can use your sword, and fight meanies!"

He, the father, peered over towards their cottage, where a pile of logs he had cut two days before lay neatly stacked. Their hearth wasn't big, and thus he cut them small. Small enough to fit inside one's palm. He snickered at the thought of lifting those tiny twigs to build strength, but tiny El seemed so proud, he couldn't take that away from him. And the sword in question still held twice the length of Elrim. It would still be years...

Elrim pulled his father's sleeve.

"Pap', we go? The others are at the spring already, and they'll eat all the buns."

He still felt distant, since something felt so very amiss about this situation... this was all so familiar, like it'd happened before, but not wishing to bother his son with it he didn't mention anything. He went down on one knee and looked Elrim in the eye.

"Where's Calim?"

Elrim scraped his bare foot in the soil.

"When you didn't get up after falling, he went for the others. He wanted buns, too" Elrim said while smacking his lips. He put his fist in his mouth and began sucking on his knuckles, as to stress the fact that he was hungry.

"Then let's go get some buns, then!" his father said, and got up straight again. El raised his hands up towards him.

"Pap'. Carry."

He picked up his son, and slung him up on his shoulders, where the boy locked his tiny legs around his neck.

"Go forward, noble steed!" the boy giggled, and his father set off in acted gallop and whinny.

Maerlia, his so very beautiful wife, stood with her hands in her sides, and frowned at them when they arrived.

"I was worried sick! Calim said you'd tripped and wouldn't get up! I was just about to pack together the picnic and head back. The kids became furious!"

He shrugged lightly, and put down Elrim, who darted away towards Calim, who was playing with their daughter, Ynea, by the Thondroril river. Maerlia snorted.

"You're hopeless at times, did you know?"

"So I've been told, yes" he replied, and stuck out his tongue at her. She raised her hand to her mouth.

"Don't tempt me, Maerlia."

"Stop... that."

He began to make faces, and even though she tried, she couldn't hold in the laughter.

"Stop it! No, stop it!" she croaked, while she stood in a crooked manner, clasping her belly. Her snorting laughter lured the children back.

"What's so funny, mam'?"

She wiped a tear from her cheek, still laughing.

"Your silly father." she said, and punched her husband lightly in the chest.

Later...

"You are easy to reconcile with, did you know?" he said with his mouth stuffed with pie.

"Don't start it, and be a parent for once. I don't want the kids to take after how you're eating."

The three children sat in a circle, and bickered over the last piece of bread. Their faces were messed with different kinds of jam and fruit juices.

"We aren't nobility, Mae, even though you would like us to be. We have no-one to impress." he nodded with sense, and jammed a cherry muffin into his face.

"I just might have the kids raise you instead of the way it's now. They're more mature."

As she said that, they saw that the children had seen their father, and done the same thing. Cherry cupcakes protruding from their foreheads, except for Elrim, who wore one upside down on his head like a bizarre hat.

"Waste of food" Mae mumbled, but yet giggling slightly.

Later...

Dusk was nearing, and they were returning to the cottage. They forced the children into the nearby pond to bathe, and clean their faces especially. He, the father, hung their clothes from the roof to dry until tomorrow, and Mae put the kids to sleep.

When the children had fallen asleep, the two snuck out in the darkness, and sat down upon the grass to gaze up at the moon, arms wrapped around each other.

"Aren't we getting too old for this? Sneaking out at dark? And, what if the kids wake up, and can't find us?"

"You worry too much. The night is still young, and so are we. The kids can take care of themselves."

He picked a straw of grass, and tickled her nose with it.

As they fell asleep on the ground, lying close to each other, he had forgotten all about the odd sensations of the morning. It had been a wonderful day, he loved his family, and he was happy...

I was happy

And with that last thought, the memory ended. A memory from 15 years ago, which held the most joyful day of Aedas Kaesir's life. His heart beat for the last time, and thus passed the father of three, husband of one. He died of old age, with his family beside his bed. His wife holding his hand. Calim and Ynea held each other and cried on one another's shoulder. And Elrim, now a decorated soldier of the Argent Dawn, later the Argent Crusade, with his father's sword in hand, bent his head, and a tear fell to the floor.

"Go forward, noble steed. May the Light guide you."
*Mouth drops*

This is great. If I were a GM I'd pass you with flying colors. But I'm a Grunt, so WELCOME TO COTH!
Maulbane Wrote:*Mouth drops*

This is great. If I were a GM I'd pass you with flying colors. But I'm a Grunt, so WELCOME TO COTH!

You bum!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
Wow! I really enjoyed reading this!! Awesome English, at only 15, way to go!
I'm looking forward to RPing with you Lorimer ^^
Welcome to CotH!
Lorenstrex Wrote:Wow! I really enjoyed reading this!! Awesome English, at only 15, way to go!
Welcome to CotH!

Pfft. I'm 15. *Is slightly offended, begins writing in "The List"*
Now seriously, this introduction is one of its kind!
And now I feel the pressure to add in a bit of my purplllness to yer colours...

Welcome to the server!
Maulbane Wrote:
Lorenstrex Wrote:Wow! I really enjoyed reading this!! Awesome English, at only 15, way to go!
Welcome to CotH!

Pfft. I'm 15. *Is slightly offended, begins writing in "The List"*
i were not born on english speaking country so i shoud has some extra point
dilnikas Wrote:Now seriously, this introduction is one of its kind!
And now I feel the pressure to add in a bit of my purplllness to yer colours...

Welcome to the server!
Hooray! Purplez! <Basks in the lovely colour, though is a little put off by the lack of yellow>
I love your story, too much so. Because I hate your profile, it is almost as if written by two different people, grammar sentence stucture and the like.
Wow. Just, wow. *is Swedish too*

You, sir, have just proven that we Swedes are pure awesomeness. *nod*

On a more serious note:

Welcome to CotH!

I'm very much looking forward to watch you on the server.
Have fun, neighbour, and welcome to Conquest of The Horde!
Loadstone Wrote:I love your story, too much so. Because I hate your profile, it is almost as if written by two different people, grammar sentence stucture and the like.

I'd like an example of what was bad "grammar sentence structure and the like".. :)
Quote:You, sir, have just proven that we Swedes are pure awesomeness. *nod*

So what you're saying is that I didn't do good enough? *pats personal ice-bear pet*

Anywho, welcome to the server Lorimer, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

As for everyone else, a simple hello is enough! No need to spam any intro like this.