Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)
My name is Erwin and I'm 17 years old, about to plunge myself into college quite soon. I've been playing WoW for around 3 or 4 years now. During that period, I've switched around many servers including Shattered Halls and Wyrmrest Accord. I play Warcraft 3, going battle.net for Defense of the Ancients.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)
The United States, and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My cousin introduced me to the RTS a couple of years ago, enjoying the lore as I played.

What made you seek our server over others?:
RP interested more than the Instant 80 or high rate servers, because I feel that there is more purpose in RP, developing a story within a story, and meeting others who feel the same.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
Anything, really. As long as the RP is legitimate and fun, let the good times roll.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Honestly, it would be Orcs. Of all the races on Azeroth and beyond, they appeal to me most. Their honor-guided traditions to their demonic transformations and all the ordeals they face as a whole gives me reason to like them. Hand in hand with the Orcs, my favorite class is the Warrior. Strength and Honor!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to experience amusing, quality role-play.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
The introduction/application to play, in my opinion, is excellent. This would deter the people who actually want to role-play, aren't bothered or harassed by griefers!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The sun glows a dull amber, setting over the horizon, as the blanket of night begins to fall. A warm breeze dances across the red rocks of Durotar, while dust is whisked along. The activity of the daytime shifts into the peace of the evening. Members of the Horde and goblin merchants make their way into Orgrimmar, passing its gates and sheer wall of rock.

Atop a natural formation of stone, stands Korghan, an Orc in his mid 30's gazing into the distance with topaz colored eyes, darting to any movement. Donning battle-worn armor and twin axes on opposites sides of his hilt, Korghan guards the city from would be intruders. Through the darkness of night, he observes a disturbance in the calm, a mass of bodies and figures heading towards Orgrimmar in haste. Smelling an inevitable confrontation, he readies himself and warns city guard of the assault.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
I can't wait to play! Also, might the name Strygwyr be available for use?
Welcome to CotH!

Yes, that name is free! Have fun!
Yay! Thank you very much. :D