Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Lunarstorm's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I'm pretty much a casual player. I'm not big into raiding or instancing. This is primarily because I'm in college, and between that and work I don't really have much time to raid. I try to RP as much as possible though, and I have never had an issue finding RP on the retail server I play on (Sentinels). Alot of people on my server left to go to Moonguard because there's more RP. This is true, however I find that there's only a small portion of good RPers on Moonguard and stayed on Sentinels because I find the same amount there. It's my belief that if you cannot find RP, you probably aren't trying to make any RP which deters the people that come through looking for it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the good ole USA!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother got me into WoW when he started playing. I was always whining about it being boring so he ended up quitting around the time I rolled a hunter. Honestly I ended up with some really good friends there. We started a guild together and they're the ones that got me into RP. (We were on a PVE server at the time.) They left one by one, but the guild remained and I still had some really great friends there. When TBC came out my guild pretty much unraveled because people didn't want to have their gear blown out of the water by greens. With so many people quitting, a friend and I decided to move to a new server, Sentinels, to give RPing a shot. I made a character that had amnesia and it exploded into a serverwide storyline. I'll never love a character as much as I love that one, but it's a storyline with nearly 2-3 years behind it.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Honestly I just was looking for a private server I could climb to the top of Mount Hyjal in, went to google to just find some insta-80 server and changed my mind because I've tried those servers before and just thought people were rude. I was going to click back into WoW when I decided to see if there was an RP server that was private. I found this one, and it seems tough to get into. Which is great because then I can RP with people that already know lore! I've never minded teaching people about lore, as I didn't know it myself when I started, but I have to admit that it's nice to RP with people that already know it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love all kinds of RP as long as there's some sort of a plot. My characters like the tavern setting with casual chatting, but it's also fun to have them run out onto the battlefield fighting for their lives. I've never been too big into my characters having relationships because I don't want that to become my character's sole purpose, which seems to happen to some people on Sentinels, I don't avoid RP relationships though if they happen to my character and I've never had a problem with people ERPing as long as they aren't doing it on the bar.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I have two favorite races. My first favorite race is Night Elf, they have a fascinating history behind them that I really feel players I've encountered need to learn. The way that they have behaved throughout lore also captured my interest. My favorite class is druid because they also have a great history which ties into Kal'dorei history as well. Even the tauren druids have a unique history, and besides that... who hasn't wanted to be able to shape shift into an animal?

My second favorite race is Orc. As with the Night Elves, my reason for this is the history and mannerisms. Seriously, an honor-bound race corrupted by demonic power that regain their dignity and sense of self is awesome. Thrall is definately my favorite Horde leader, he's done so much for his people and is so honorable it's nearly impossible not to love such a great character!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I simply expect to find quality roleplay. *Notices this is her shortest response.*

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I LOVED seeing metagaming mentioned in the rules. :D I don't like godmodding, but I've learned to deal with it in a civil way in whispers when I've encountered it, but metagaming annoys me like nothing else.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The woman awoke inside of a small stone cottage laying flat on the table in front of a fireplace. Her body felt like it had been stabbed by hundreds of flaming daggers, and the throbbing in her head made that pain pale in comparison. She tried to turn her head and found that se couldn't, something was blocking her neck from moving. Desperate, she tried to call for help, but only a pathetic groan emerged from her throat.

An old dwarf stepped over to her and rested his cane against the table. His hair and beard were white with age, and his face was wrinkled and worn. He picked up a nearby bowl of water and carefully tipped it to her lips so she could drink it. "There yeh be lass. Tha's a good girl. Yeh know I din' think you were gonna make it! It's been... Oh, near two weeks?" The dwarf smiled at her as she stared warily at him.

She couldn't understand him, though she knew she should be able to. Her mind was throbbing to horribly to make any sense of the words he spoke to her. They were comforting though, at the very least because she knew she was among allies. But what had happened to her? The woman tried to reach into her mind to remember, but found she couldn't think of anything when she was in such pain. Soon, she allowed herself to slip back into the darkness where she could not feel it.

For the next two months she stayed with the dwarf healing her wounds and practicing her hand eye coordination. The old dwarf helped her walk again, and gain her strenght back. It had been weird to lean so heavily on him, when he himself had to walk around with a cane, but he seemed overjoyed to have a guest. He took her to the bar to introduce her as 'that Night Elf he rescued from death.' There she met other dwarves as well as gnomes, and marveled when two dwarves drank too much and began to brawl over who could drink more of what.

She fished and helped the old dwarf, who had become known to her as 'Papa', with chores, and he helped her build a bed she could fit on. Her speaking skills were still lacking a bit, but he practiced with her every day so that she would get better. There was something still bugging her though, she couldn't remember anything about herself.

"Papa?"

"What'cha be needing Snow?"

She smiled at the name he'd given her, he gave her that name because she'd been found bleeding to death in the snows of Dun Morogh. "Me wants to know who she is?"

The old dwarf grimaced a moment. "Yeh mis-spoke lass, yehmeant to say 'I want to know who I am.' An yeh din' need to phrase tha' as a question. I can' help yeh find out who yeh are lass, me bones are too brittle and aged for that. Yeh also need to get stronger before yeh think of goin' anywhere."

The night elf frowned now, "Papa, I really need to be findin' this out. What if me family's out there? What if me have a baby?"

He sighed and stared into the fireplace, "Snow, I can' stop yeh from goin'. But can yeh at least stick around until you're a bit better? Then I'll take yeh to Goldshire, there's alot o' riff raff there but there's plenty of traveler's that stop for a drink or two at the Lion's Head Inn. Someone passin' through is bound to recognize yeh there and help yeh git to that tree o' yours."

She smiled and threw her arms around him in thanks. He patted her back, mentioning something about buying a bigger house so that she could stay comfortably when she came to visit. Snow hardly heard any of it, her heart was pounding with the thrill of finding out who she was.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Thank you very much for reading through all of my stuff! Lol, I tend to get a bit carried away sometimes and have to cut myself off. Whether I'm accepted or denied I think what you guys are doing is great. Keep it up, seriously. :D
Welcome to the Serverrrrrrr!
Oh, goody, we, Night Elf likers will conquer you hordies! :twisted:

Welcome to server!

Pshh, Pies you bum, it's only one "r"! :>

EDIT:
Quote:Whether I'm accepted or denied
I suppose you are referring to the old introduction system. Well then, you might want to know that it doesn't work like that anymore and you are accepted automatically upon posting an introduction, unless told otherwise! :D