Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: All the World is a Stage, and Doublehex is a Mere Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, where would prefer I start? At the beginning, of where I was first introduced to the NES and began my long fascination with the narrative interactive? Or maybe further inward, with my tastes for what I want out of my games? Then again, I have a feeling that you wish for knowledge pertaining how I interact with these online games. After all, that does seem far more relevant here.

So I'll begin there.

I play games for a story. For a beginning, a middle and an end to the tale. Know first and foremost - all of my characters will have an end. Some will be tragic, a bittersweet finale to the tale I have spun with them. Others more optimistic in nature. And some will be so pessimistic, filled with so much nihilism and Nietzsche ideas, you will begin to wonder my own sane state!

But don't get me wrong. I play games for the entertainment value. I mean, this is a game, and despite all of the work I put into my character's philosophies the background of their lives that are the forming blocks for their present state, I want to have fun! That is my biggest goal, and why I am relaying all of this to you in the first place -- so I can have some fun.

Quote:What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

United States - in my youth, I would say 'Good Old', but in my pessimistic nature, I do not think either term applies well at all.

Quote:How did you get into Warcraft?:

How indeed. I do not honestly know when I first found out about Blizzard. For sure, it began with Warcraft II, but then, how did I find out about that? I want to say I found out about Blizzard when I read some kind of preview for Warcraft III in PC Gamer, but I am not quite sure.

So to answer your question, I can't. I do not know the answer. Just be satisfied that I found out about it, and here I am!

Quote:What made you seek our server over others?:

Well, because I like to roleplay in MMOs, but I do not want to pay a monthly fee!

Oh, sure, I could give a long winded response detailing how I like that there is an actual plot that is being formed, how there is a great sense of professionalism, and I like the fact that you actually need to qualify in order to stay here (weeding out the scum in the process). But that is neither here nor there, and I would much more prefer to move on.

Quote:What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Well, I like roleplaying in general. I have no qualms with just doing small talk for hours, but I have to say I do rather like forming relationship with other characters. That is where my love for the hobby lies. We are creating stories about our characters, and I much more enjoy fleshing out my character than working out on a plot.

Of course I love thinking up of "plot twists" as well, don't get me wrong! They tend to show a different side of our made up persona that we never would of had anticipated before.

Quote:What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Class is easy - Death Knight. I love all of the character developments - the struggle with life beyond the grave, all of the possible history info, the cool abilities...

Warrior comes at a close second, if only because it is so diverse in what the character can be. Warriors are essentially any sort of close combat character. Mercenary, an old general, a barbarian... the class is so diverse.

I love to be the tank as well, so that probably has something to do with it.

In terms of race, it is a tie between the Humans and the Blood Elves. Humans because I find them the easiest to act as, and Blood Elves because of the dark history they have.

Quote:What are your expectations of this server?:

To have fun.

What, you want a long winded response? For me to go for paragraph after paragraph of what I want out of this place? Well, no, you won't. I'm too lazy, so let's move on.

Quote:Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

That we need to have a character profile before we are advanced to grunt. It makes us think of what we are getting ourselves into before we jump into the puddle.

Quote:Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

How about a poem?
  • The Crafting of Fury

First, you have the body, the pot for the mixture,
    Then you have the feeling, which can be many and few things,
    The feeling progresses into something that which is not human.
    And the body becomes a tool of that perverted feeling,
    The perverted feeling evolves,
    It dominates, it corrupts and controls,
    It deceives all other emotions the body once had,
    Focusing purely on the target.

Then all that there is left is the Fury.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

Yes, I've got one. Are we allowed to have characters from cultures that are not specified in the Warcraft canon, but would fit into it? I've been watching a little bit of Shakespeare lately, and I would love nothing more than to play a character that has been usurpsed from his rightful Throne and attempt to regain it.

Yes, it would end in Tragedy. :)
Shakespeare references. Cry

I think I love you. Welcome to the Server.
Welcome to the server!

Quote:Yes, I've got one. Are we allowed to have characters from cultures that are not specified in the Warcraft canon, but would fit into it? I've been watching a little bit of Shakespeare lately, and I would love nothing more than to play a character that has been usurpsed from his rightful Throne and attempt to regain it.

Shakespear is cool and all, but Princes and Kings and stuff like that.. isn't really allowed here. Were low-key, not giving out those types of positions to users.
Kaelvan Wrote:Welcome to the server!

Quote:Yes, I've got one. Are we allowed to have characters from cultures that are not specified in the Warcraft canon, but would fit into it? I've been watching a little bit of Shakespeare lately, and I would love nothing more than to play a character that has been usurpsed from his rightful Throne and attempt to regain it.

Shakespear is cool and all, but Princes and Kings and stuff like that.. isn't really allowed here. Were low-key, not giving out those types of positions to users.

Oh I absolutely understand! You think my character would be all commanding and stuff like that. I assure you, that would not be the case. :)

But I understand that would not be allowed. Ah well, I'll just go think of something else. :)