Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jaszun's Salutations and Introductions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I suppose I should start a the beginning. My first computer game that I played full time was Warcraft. The days that begun my gaming and shaped me as a player started when I was only six or seven, peering over the shoulder of my older brother and watching him play. Naturally the computer was his, and so were all the games and as such the best I could hope for was to make a suggestion to him while playing and have him take my advice. I enjoyed watching him play the likes of Command & Conquer but I'll never forget the day he came home with Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. Just the installation screen was enough, I knew it was love at first sight. The introduction featuring the ships of the Orcish Horde attacking the shores of Azeroth gave me a rush like I never felt before (I warn you, this only gets nerdier by the second.). This invoked a new phenomena with me, as I was still dubbed too young to play these war games and only old and enough to observe as my brother played, I would carry out battles of my own with my Lego toys and figurines. The Lego knights being Lothar and his paladins, of course (and the likes of G.I Joe would be an Orcish grunt, and so on.) From then on, the motto of my gaming was this, any game that wasn't made by Blizzard was simply something I played to pass time between Blizzard releases. I enjoy Starcraft and Diablo but nothing is quite the same as Warcraft, and for me it's the amazing storyline that comes first and foremost. Although I believe the story has suffered of late, the foundation that Metzen laid down with the first two installments of Warcraft will always remain legendary to me. I'm the type of Warcraft gamer that goes through each installment of Warcraft numerous times every few years. Re-living the games is a nostalgic experience for me that seems to get better and better over the years. I appreciate a gaming experience for its detail and depth, something that Warcraft offers to an extent. However it is this extent that has brought me to apply to your server, you see, I'm one for the storyline and for those who appreciate it, something I just couldn't find on the official Warcraft servers. I hope that preceding gives you a bit of an idea of what I can expect from your server, as well as what you can expect from me as a gamer.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in Canada and my primary language is Orcis- I mean English =]

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft will always remain my alpha and omega game. It was the first real game I played for the P.C and I really enjoy no other game like I enjoy Warcraft. I think I adequately answered this question above. However to elaborate on World of Warcraft and how I specifically got into it, my first massive multiplayer online roleplaying game was Dark Age of Camelot, by Mythic and I loved the type of game since. Being able to interact with others in an ever changing world, especially one that I love as much as the Warcraft continuity was something that immediately drew me into the game.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I'm not interested in power gaming or leveling or even triumphing in any mechanical aspect of the game. I want to be able to interact with other players who appreciate the Warcraft storyline as much as I do and make that their first priority. It remains my prerogative as a free gamer to seek out a community of players who wish to interact with each other on the first (notice I said first and not only) basis of maintaining a certain level of roleplay such that the primary experience is found within in-character interactions. It is my understanding that your server can offer this.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
The roleplay that appeals to me the most would have to be co-ordinated battles, adventures or quests(not necessarily NPC quests, I enjoy player-conjured quests just as much). I believe that true roleplay success is attained when a group of people can come together and interact in unison such that the in-character immersion is not broken. It allows people to establish in-character experiences with each other which result in the development of character-ties- something that I believe is a very (if not the most) important aspect of roleplay. To give you an example of this, you and I may have characters with a history that spans back since the second war between the Orcs and Humans, and that's great. But consider for a moment that your character and mine have been through many in-character instance runs, adventures and travels together. The characters develop a kinship that brings a totally new immersion aspect to our roleplay. This is something that is rarely EVER achieved on any other roleplay server I've been a part of.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is definitely the Orc race. The storyline of the Orcs is something that is hard to ignore in that it is so rich and exciting and yet is hardly a dead-archetype (like the Night Elves, for example.) A race that has so many different character combinations due to the rich history. I find the struggle for the Orcs to find a true niche in the world, some succumbing to power, many falling on the plains of Draenor, some lost in the Twisting Nether (and so on)- as truly inspiring. The orcish history has so much to play around with, and the orcs have been in pretty much every chapter of Azeroth (save for Northrend.) that there are many different ways to play Orcs. Not to mention the absolutely phenomenal climax of the Orcish protagonist (Hellscream of course) facing the true demon, himself, and then conquering the external demon (Magtheridon). That scene always brings me to the verge of tears! - I enjoy playing the Warrior and trying to pull off the blademaster archetype. I'm sure you get that a lot, but I am certain you won't find a single person (or very many at least) who know as much about the Orcish history as I do.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are simple. I hope to be able to interact as a roleplayer on this server such that I may become a part of the Warcraft storyline. This means that I don't expect that very many other aspects of the game (if any) such as raiding, player versus player, or the like- are to come ahead of roleplay. That is to say, roleplay should be made the priority and that sort of an environment should be established. Not only this, I expect that my limitations as a player be sympathized with. Not only am I a die-hard roleplayer, I am also a family member and a full time student. In the past, I have found myself to be neglected by other gamers because I was incapable of making Warcraft my number one priority, I hope that this does not serve to be an issue with this server.

Also, I expect that if the people who run this server require assistance in any capacity so that the server may continue to operate smoothly and offer a haven for roleplayers, that they feel free to contact me. I don't know if I can be of any help, but if there is anything I /can/ do- I'd love to contribute.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rules pertaining to maintaining the continuity established by the lore of Warcraft is probably the most important and appeals the most to me. I believe i have already expressed how important the Warcraft lore and storyline is to me, I believe I am very well aqauinted with it and can offer much in the ways of sticking to the continuity. However, nothing bothers me more than when someone comes along and outright shows disregard for the storyline. I make an exceptional effort to remain within the confines of the Warcraft continuity and I keep an open mind to be people who get creative, I actually support it as long as it is within reason (For example, an Undead person playing a member of The Scourage and not The Forsaken.) I do my best to make sure that all my actions follow this rule of maintaining continuity and I'm always willing to assist others who don't know as much as I do about the storyline.

I was actually part of an online community way back that dedicated itself to 'leaving no stone unturned' when it came to Warcraft lore. For example, the fate of Arthas' sister, Malfurions location in Warcraft (before he was added to the game), Medivh's fate, and so on. I thought I may mention that! =]

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
To be undead, one need not be risen as a corpse screaming from the Earth. I refer not, to the concoctions of alchemists and the wizardry of ancient lore. No, perhaps my tale is a reminder to humanity that the essence which gives life need not be removed by the sword or a cursed plague. Perhaps if I were to relate the fate of my soldiers and I to you in earlier days, I may have been brought to justice in a court of The Silver Hand or a warden of Dalaran. If I were to relate it to you then, I may not have lost my humanity. But unfrotunately for me, that's not now it happened.

We were stationed North of Strahnbrad and were receiving dispatches almost twice daily, it seemed as though the entire region was in chaos, all the while we were left in the dark as to what was happening. The last real battle we had seen occurred a week prior, we were skirmishing with Blackrock Orcs among the foothills of Alterac when the numbers of the green-skin curs suddenly greatly diminished. That fact didn't allow us to lower our guard, the orcs that remained behind seemed to be getting more and more vicious by the hour. I had seen terrifying sights of a single grunt tearing two or three of my fellow footmen apart. What I remember most vividly was the final assault on the main Orcish encampment in the foothills. The orcs had been holed up in their stronghold for months and we had nothing but old elven ballistas to use as artillery. My direct superior, a captain whose name I will neglect mentioning, was tipped off by local forest trolls that the Orcs would attempt to move their catapults from their stronghold to the highlands above our frontier as to gain a strategic advantage and ease the pressure of our assaults. That evening, I awoke to the sight of the captain standing at the entrance to my tent, he ordered me to accompany him to the General's encampment, some fifteen minutes North of the frontier. We trotted briskly on horseback through the lightly wooded area and I'll never forget the glow of the orcish stronghold that night, the entire encampment seemed to be gleaming with a demonic aura- I knew we would be fighting a different kind of battle. When we arrived at the Imperial Encampment, my captain went to address the General and I remained with our steeds. I noticed royal banners above a few tents and I inquired to a nearby squire as to who was staying in the tents- I was informed that it was Prince Arthas and his regiment. Before I had a chance to consider why the prince would be staying in these parts, my captain returned and mounted his horse. He told me that he did not receive permission to cease the catapults, that it was not in the interests of victory to do so.

Of course, I understood the order I was given on the way back to the frontier that night. The captain issued an order for our regiment to assemble and prepare to assault the secret orcish caravan of catapults. The main attack by the other regiments on the frontier would be within the next twenty-four hours and if they didn't have some sort of fire-power to bring down the gates, our men would be walking into a slaughter. For our King, for Lordaeron, we would disobey the order of the General. I had the men of our regiment assembled within the hour and we marched west of the frontier that night, following the advice of the forest trolls until we came upon the caravan, just as we were told. It was lightly guarded by only six or seven grunts. After an hour of fighting, and mark my words, those grunts simply refused to die lightly, we had gained control of the five catapults. It took us the remainder of the day to bring the catapults to the hills overlooking the orcish stronghold, and the assault on it had already begun by the time we arrived. The battle was looking ill for the forces of Lordaeron, retreat was almost imminent. I remember looking at my captain and wondering what was going through his head, he didn't issue any orders, he merely looked down at the battlefield. I'll never truly understand why he hesitated that day. I looked at my men and began issuing orders. "What're you looking at? Let flame to those boulders, prepare to fire!". Within a few moments, the walls of the stronghold were burning thanks to the catapults, human battle cries were sounding all over the field before us and quickly the battle turned in our favor. I was about to issue a command for our regiment to rush down the hill and storm the stronghold as well, but the captain took my arm and shook his head.
"None of those poor bastards are going to survive. You're to take the men and ride North to Andorhal and report to Prince Arthas. . ." He paused for a moment. "Now."
This was too much for me to take in, I didn't fully understand. "What's going on here?" I protested. "The battle has been won!"
He shook his head at me once more, I expected him to yell some curse at me and order me away, but he didn't. Instead he whispered, drew his sword and began walking almost leisurely towards the Orcish Stronghold. Before he left on his own, he whispered to me. "You have your orders."

I couldn't allow the men to see their captain in that state. To be honest, I myself couldn't stand the sight. What was it that could destroy the spirit of such a man? None the less, I issued my orders and told the men to ride into the forest and await me at the nearby road leading North. Before I left the hill overlooking the battlefield, I looked down into the stronghold and saw a most peculiar sight. There was an Orc standing on the battlements bearing a tome and calling out to the skies as though he expected them to answer. I heard of Orcs acting like that during the second war, orcish warlocks of old.

It was in Andorhal where my true fate would unfold. I remained with Prince Arthas when even the Silver Hand had forsaken him and I often ask myself if perhaps we followed the orders of the General and marched to certain death that day- would we find more humanity in death than undeath?

-Memoirs Of The Walking Dead

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
When can I begin?! =]
You can begin as soon as you want! Nice intro and a big

WELCOME TO COTH! For you!
I think I love you.

Welcome to the server.

I'm going to go cry in inferiority now.
Now that was awesome. Begin right now! :D

Welcome to the server!
Thanks very much for the welcome!

I hope to see you fine folks in game very soon.