Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello! :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello!!!! :D

My first MMORBP was Shadowbane, when it first came out. I was 14 and My Dad and some of his D&D friends and friends of friends had created a guild and I watched him play for a bit and begged him to let me play. He finally gave in and got me an account, and I soon joined their guild. The game had a lot of lore to try to get people into RPing but the guild was varied in race an no one in it really RPd . As I was exploring the map and getting PKd left and right by random people, a guild of Aracoix (humanoid bird-people) descended around my character. I was expecting to just get killed again but instead I found a bunch of charming people role-playing! (The leader whispered me asking if I was okay with role playing with them. I wasn't sure if I'd be any good at it, but it sounded fun and so...I agreed.) They asked me what I was doing in their territory, and eventually demanded I come with them. HURRAY! I left the guild of Locals and roleplayed as a slave to the Aracoix race for awhile. Not too long later, the awesome RP guild ended up falling apart :( partially because the Race/Class limits made it hard for the guild to compete with non-RP guilds. I couldn't find another group of such great RPers in SB. :(
Although the game has been out for awhile, I am new to WoW and will probably be fumbling about the controls for a bit.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm a girl from Michigan, USA, and I speak English and bits of Sign Language, because my mother is deaf, but signing won't mean much here. ;)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Recently, my boyfriend and I decided we needed an RTS game to play together and he decided on Warcraft III because I hadn't played it before. I ended up playing through the campaigns and really enjoyed them. so he suggested I try WoW. Wanting a private RP server, I ended up here.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I was searching for a RP server and this one sounded like it might be really fun. Some of he rules seemed a little strict but after reviewing them I think that they are important to uphold the community you are trying to maintain.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love LARPing, though I don't think I have a specific setting I enjoy... at least not yet. I like playing a supporting role, one that enhances another character's story.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm not sure, since I am new to Wow. But so far from Warcraft III, I like the Orcs, and their sense of honor. Their story of freeing themselves from the demons that controlled them, and trying to start over. It seems a lot different from the D&D Orcs I'm used to.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hopefully to learn the basics of Wow, and to meet a good group of people that are all looking to experience a good time role-playing. I am hoping to better my own RP abilities in the process. But mostly I hope to have fun!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I'm not sure I have a favorite, but here's the ones I have the most to comment on.
* 5 Role-playing
It is a lot better if most people stay IC most of the time,
I defiantly agree with the characters being relevant to the storyline. A dinosaur morphed into a night elf with the powers of Q from Star trek would make me sad.
* 6 Keyboard skills
I don't really have a problem with people shortening words for speed, but if other players prefer a well typed interaction, I think it is a small sacrifice to take the time to make it better for them. Though I hope they would understand if the occasional "u" was typed out of habit....heh
* 8 Humility
I really like this one. If myself and a bunch of people got together to make the storyline for one person really stand out, I feel that would make a better story in the end, then trying to push my own character's story and trying to get it more attention.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I looked at my reflection in the surface of the water, making sure my hair was just perfect. I smiled and scraped at my teeth, just in case. General Aaron would be coming by to check on the status of the keep's reconstruction, and this was my chance to get his attention. I discreetly adjusted my corset and smirked coyly at my own reflection, and turned around to--
"!!!!!"
There, before me, was a huge spider, about the size of my boot, and that didn't include the legs...
about 8 black eyes were staring right at me.
"EEEAAIIIIIEEEE!!!!!!!!!"
I fell back into the fountain, sputtering for air I whipped out my sword and started hacking at the vile thing.
"DIE YOU NASTY LITTLE--"
It was not solid.. it fell away in thin shreds...
I hear laughing behind me...
Feeling my face redden I whipped around to see Tessa rolling around in the grass beyond the fountain, out of breath from hysterics.
"YOU THINK THIS IS AMUSING YOU LITTLE WRETCH!?"
"Im... Im..."*more laughter*" so-..sor... "*still laughter*
"MY CLOTHES! MY...hair..."
Everything was soaked
I felt tears surfacing and a strain in my throat. My plans to meet Aaron were crushed. In fury, I threw my sword like a spear, aimed it right for Tessa's head.
She dodged it easily, the tears began to pour down my now red and puffy face.
"YOU IGNORANT DISGUSTING THIEF!" I screeched, I doubted anything I said was coherent at this point.
"Alyessa I'm--"
"NO! YOU *sob* RUINED EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, *sob* I DESPISE YOU!"
I stumbled away to my lodging and collapsed into my bedding...
grabbing my pillow tightly, I imaged many horrible things that might befall Tessa shortly,
and eventually.. wept myself to sleep.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If I wanted to create a character to observe others RP but to be ignored or considered OOC, just to get a feel for how the RPing here is done, but to stay out of it. is there a way that one could do that?
Augh! My eyes! The burn!

Anyway, you can always put up the DND tag which signifies OOC, be discreet with the character though and ask before you start watching peoples' RP.
Thanks!
I killed the colors. :oops: sorry about that.