Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name Is Ryan, I'm 15 years old and I can't get enough of World of Warcraft. I actually started wow this year after my friends begged me to join. It was about 4 months ago when I started using private severs because I wasn't pleased with the $15.00 monthly fee. I started on a hardcore Player versus Player sever but it wasn't long before I discovered Role Playing. I joined the only Role Playing guild on this sever and I was taught the basics such as using brackets for OOC and how to Role-Play as my character. After a while of Role Playing I began my search for an actually Role Playing sever, and that is when I discovered Conquest of the horde.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friends started me up with a 10 day trial on retail in September of 2,008.

What made you seek our server over others?
Well, I heard a lot about this sever and thought I would try it for my self. Also (as stated above) after a while of Role Playing on a Pvp Sever I began my search for an actually Role Playing sever, and that is when I discovered Conquest of the horde.

What kinds of role-play do you enjoy?:
I love to role-play action and adventure more specifically I love traveling with a group of people to a different zone and explore the area with an occasional conflict that might or might not lead to some action. But in the down time, I like to hang out with others in a tavern and share stories about the past.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?
I have grown to love Night Elf Druids. I especially love the balance and restoration talents. I also like the fact that they can transform into various animal forms.

What are your expectations of this server?
Well I expect that the sever will meet my Role-Playing needs and that I will meet some new and friendly people as I go on.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think that the rules regarding tolerance are good to have because I really hate people who use any racist, sexist, or other derogatory because it is just stupid and annoying when people do. For example, racists jokes and using the term gay as a put down.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!

A blanket of fog surrounds the old Victorian home. The bright moon in the sky is the only source of light clearly seen. The two women remained inside the house as the men stood on top of the roof after making slight adjustments to the blocked windows and barriers that protect the doors from being broken into. All is silent and calm as the men load up their weapons and aim at the woods to the front of the house to prepare for what may come. The silence is broken by a series of low moaning sounds and the thud of over one hundred foot steps and suddenly the walking corpses limp from out of the forest and charge the home. The men open fire sending limbs flying and heads to the grounds. They panic as few reach the front porch and quickly focus their fire on them. As soon as this is done, they take turns shooting and re-loading to prevent more from reaching the house. Some few hours pass and zombies continue to pour out of no where. Drops of Rain began to fall down from the sky and washed away the dismembered body parts left behind. It is February 14, 2012; zombies are here to kill me and my family. To make matters worse, we are running low on bullets.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?

1. Are we aloud to get titles to go along with our character such as “The Argent Champion”?
2. Can I use name from a video game characters as the name of my character?

Something I want to clarify:
I am a terrible in terms of grammar and spelling on the computer so it would be nice if you could bear with me if I miss spell things. Sometimes I will correct my mistakes by using the ooc brackets but if I do not, please remind me to.
Night Elf Druids?! I'll love you forever for that <3 ! Now I can go to bed with a happy face! :D
Welcome to the server!
ryro94 Wrote:and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name Is Ryan, I'm 15 years old and I can't get enough of World of Warcraft. I actually started wow this year after my friends begged me to join. It was about 4 months ago when I started using private severs because I wasn't pleased with the $15.00 monthly fee. I started on a hardcore Player versus Player sever but it wasn't long before I discovered Role Playing. I joined the only Role Playing guild on this sever and I was taught the basics such as using brackets for OOC and how to Role-Play as my character. After a while of Role Playing I began my search for an actually Role Playing sever, and that is when I discovered Conquest of the horde.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friends started me up with a 10 day trial on retail in September of 2,008.

What made you seek our server over others?
Well, I heard a lot about this sever and thought I would try it for my self. Also (as stated above) after a while of Role Playing on a Pvp Sever I began my search for an actually Role Playing sever, and that is when I discovered Conquest of the horde.

What kinds of role-play do you enjoy?:
I love to role-play action and adventure more specifically I love traveling with a group of people to a different zone and explore the area with an occasional conflict that might or might not lead to some action. But in the down time, I like to hang out with others in a tavern and share stories about the past.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?
I have grown to love Night Elf Druids. I especially love the balance and restoration talents. I also like the fact that they can transform into various animal forms.

What are your expectations of this server?
Well I expect that the sever will meet my Role-Playing needs and that I will meet some new and friendly people as I go on.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think that the rules regarding tolerance are good to have because I really hate people who use any racist, sexist, or other derogatory because it is just stupid and annoying when people do. For example, racists jokes and using the term gay as a put down.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!

A blanket of fog surrounds the old Victorian home. The bright moon in the sky is the only source of light clearly seen. The two women remained inside the house as the men stood on top of the roof after making slight adjustments to the blocked windows and barriers that protect the doors from being broken into. All is silent and calm as the men load up their weapons and aim at the woods to the front of the house to prepare for what may come. The silence is broken by a series of low moaning sounds and the thud of over one hundred foot steps and suddenly the walking corpses limp from out of the forest and charge the home. The men open fire sending limbs flying and heads to the grounds. They panic as few reach the front porch and quickly focus their fire on them. As soon as this is done, they take turns shooting and re-loading to prevent more from reaching the house. Some few hours pass and zombies continue to pour out of no where. Drops of Rain began to fall down from the sky and washed away the dismembered body parts left behind. It is February 14, 2012; zombies are here to kill me and my family. To make matters worse, we are running low on bullets.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?

1. Are we aloud to get titles to go along with our character such as “The Argent Champion”?
2. Can I use name from a video game characters as the name of my character?

Something I want to clarify:
I am a terrible in terms of grammar and spelling on the computer so it would be nice if you could bear with me if I miss spell things. Sometimes I will correct my mistakes by using the ooc brackets but if I do not, please remind me to.

Awesome Story dude!!
I thought they ment story about myself xD
Greetings, ryro.

Quote:1. Are we aloud to get titles to go along with our character such as “The Argent Champion”?
Because we don't really have many Argent Champions, the titles are only given out for special reasons, those being because of a Prestige Class or something IC that deserves such a title

Quote:2. Can I use name from a video game characters as the name of my character?
The quick answer would be no, But to dive further into the answer, take a look here. Part 3.

Good luck, and Welcome to the Server!
Quote:Something I want to clarify:

Thank you for acknowledging your weaknesses. It is very nice to see someone who is well aware of their flaws and makes an attempt to correct them. Players here may achieve titles, however, you must provide a reasonable reason as to why your character has earned said title. Some things will be denied however. On this server, we try to promote equality amongst the characters. 'Mary-sue's are frowned upon, so please keep in mind your character will not be able to surpass anyone else (though there are certain exceptions). Video game characters are possible, but most definitely not any from WoW. I think that they deny any extremely popular ones too like such as Naruto and the like. I'm not in a position to tell you no, but be warned it could happen. I also think your application is sufficient. It's filled out a bit more than others as of late. If you make a druid though, be sure to play them right!

Welcome to the server!
Oh one more question I forgot to ask. What patch is this sever on? Sorry if this is a constantly asked question.
The server is on patch 3.1.3.
Sigh, not to sound like the biggest noob ever but is that the current patch or the last patch?
I believe it's the furthest you can go. But I am not too knowledged on Retail patches and stuff, just keep going till' it says 3.1.3

Oh, and if you have any further questions. Feel free to PM me.
Allright.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions and commenting on my intro, I hope to see you all in-game.