Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Grolthan Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
My name is Mike, and I am from New Jersey. I have always tended to flock to video games when I am off from work or not pre occupied with anything like sports or working out. I like most started off on console games, but once I got a computer I started with PC games, mostly single player. My first venture into MMO was Ultima Online. I played the 30 days free with that until it was up due to me only being around 14 or 15. I then went from EQ, then for a long time a RP Private Server for Ultima Online. I did alot of fantasy wrestling roleplaying and wanted to try it out in a MMO game, and from that point on I just kept going.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States, living in New Jersey. My primary language is English. I tried learning another language in high school, but it proved to be too difficult with the fact that I couldn't pay attention.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As I kept playing on Private Servers in UO, it wasn't until my time in DeVry and one of my friends telling me about World of Warcraft that will soon be coming out. I hadn't tried it for a couple of months, but decided to buckle down and buy it. Even now with the live realms I tend to be off and on, usually only showing up when an expansion releases. The RP on their live realms is scarce at best, so I tend to lose interest at a rapid pace.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I was looking for an RP server that is dedicated to just that, RP. I was on another server, but despite being labeled as RP, it wasn't. So after breaking from that for a while I looked around and came across you guys. I had been getting the itch for WoW again, but feared that I would pay for nothing if I went to the Live Realms and RP was still bad as it once was. So I came across you guys, began reading on the events of the server and skimmed some Character Profiles, and now...here I am!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
I enjoy mostly every aspect of RP. Only because each conversation and each event can mold a characters personality, and that is what I tend to try and do. My character(s) may start off at one point, but due to events, may end up far away from one may think he/she would end up at. I kind of leave my character open to everything and everyone, so both can have an equal impact on him/her. Plus it gives me more material to write in a quick story, journal entry etc etc.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I tend to not have a general favorite. As every race and its lore can end up making the light bulb go off in my head, and get me interested in creating another character and story. I tend to enjoy Taurens', for the love of the land. Classes, I more so enjoy Hunters. It gives something to write about especially with their relationship with their animal companions. Plus their love for well, hunting!. But a definite answer isn't right for me, as I enjoy any Race/Class combo as long as I can make a character that is interesting to others, as well as myself.

What are your expectations of this server?:
RP for one. With the way the rules are, and how the story for the server is going, I am sure I won't see a "My thingy is <.............................> this big" type of posting all that much. And second, maturity. I tend to turn away if both are lack there of.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)
The RP rules for one. I liked the links to the lore of Azeroth. I myself am not all knowledgeable about the Warcraft lore. As WoW was the only Warcraft game I had played. I also liked the Mary Sue reference up at the top.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(( It is only a tidbit of the story, but I dont want to give too much of his past away now :) ))

The night was clear. Stars, spackled across the open sky were as clear as they ever have been. Gazing up at the stars, standing at the bank of a small river stood a Tauren. His skin as black with a fade of white on his inner arms. His tusks were black and long, as well as his facial hair which had been braided. His eyes peered up at the sky. The serene look on his face shows what the power of something as beautiful as the sky can do to someone who holds respect and love for all surroundings.

The sound of grass crushing under heavy footsteps can be heard. Another Tauren walks behind the one at the river. His image almost identical to the other, only that the hair on his face is not as long. He stands next to the other and peers up. The other Tauren looks next to him and then back up, breaking the silence with his words.

"Beautiful isn't it, son?" he said. The calm stance and facial expression is also mirrored in his voice. The son continues to look up at the stars with his father, closing his eyes and letting out a small nod. "Yes...it is." The younger Tauren looked down and peered at his father. "Is something troubling you?"

The father laughed, looking back down and shaking his head at his son. "No. Can't I just take in the beauty of everything?" His son looked down and shrugged. "Of course! It is just that.. I knew of your love for the lands, but not of the sky and what lay beyond." His father let out a short snort, followed by a hearty chuckle. He turned to face his son fully, patting him on the head like a child despite their equal height. "Didn't I teach you anything.." he said followed by a chuckle.

"The land, the sky..all of it is precious." He said as he turned around and began to walk in the direction of a small village in the distance. "Grolthan...when we die. When all...die. We become one with the land. The trees..the plants..the dirt..the mountains. But despite that..I believe some become the stars." He stopped and slowly looked back up. "Those that defend this land. To preserve it and keep it safe, become stars. So even in death, they can look over it and continue to protect it."

Grolthan stopped, peering at his father. His father had always guided him. In hunting and in the ways of our family, his father made sure to instill the respect into Grolthan that his father had done to him. But Grolthan has a look on his face, a look of surprise. "Father. Is everything alright? You seem to be taken back by all this..."

His father laughed as he placed his hand on his son. "Like all the other tribes, us Blackmane always protect the lands. And when I am gone, it will be you to teach your children...and your childrens' children..the ways of our tribe. That is why I am telling you this..." His father lowered his hand and began to walk back to the village. Grolthan stood and watched, still taken back at what his father had told him. "Come! Grolthan..." With that Grolthan snapped out of his trance, and began to walk behind his father.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)
No questions. Just hope to say that I hope that I fit in with you guys, and if not, then hopefully in the future I can create a character that might :)
Welcome to CoTH!
Welcome!!! Hope to Rp with you sometime!