Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: DO NOT PATCH - 3.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Patch 3.2 just came out on live servers today.

For those that play on both retail and here, you will once again need to make a copy of your WoW folder to remain on patch 3.1.3. For those that don't... well, just make sure you don't patch! :)

As before, I have no idea how long it may be until the ArcEmu devs are able to make the core 3.2-compatible.
Sexy, a new patch, lemme upda- Oh, nevermind. Thanks for mentioning Kretty.
Thanks for the heads up.
I'm probably the only one who doesn't like updates o_O
You're not alone. I too dispise them.
I dont! I have a seperate folder for the updates. ^^
Now, when you say 'make a copy of your Warcraft folder', do you mean the entire program or just a piece of it?

I want to play regular WoW but also want to be able to access the server.

Halp!
TimrousBeastie Wrote:Now, when you say 'make a copy of your Warcraft folder', do you mean the entire program or just a piece of it?

I want to play regular WoW but also want to be able to access the server.

Halp!

The whole thing. I suggest putting it into a directory called COTH, then patch the original one.
So hang on. I won't be able to play WoW out of the new CoTH folder, so does this mean I'll have to swap the positions of the two WoW folders whenever I want to switch servers?

This looks like a potential major hassle, since WoW is 15GB in size.
TimrousBeastie Wrote:So hang on. I won't be able to play WoW out of the new CoTH folder, so does this mean I'll have to swap the positions of the two WoW folders whenever I want to switch servers?

If you have two copies of WoW on your hard drive, you also have two different executables. If one copy has the Live realmlist and the other has the CotH realm list, you should be good to go, but you may want to make separate shortcuts on your desktop.

You don't need to swap anything at that point, just make sure you know which WoW.exe you're running.
TimrousBeastie Wrote:So hang on. I won't be able to play WoW out of the new CoTH folder, so does this mean I'll have to swap the positions of the two WoW folders whenever I want to switch servers?

I'll explain in detail.

At first, you go to your WoW folder and rename it to CotH, this'll be the folder you use to play on this server.
You copy the CotH folder and place it somewhere, then rename -that- to WoW, you'll play WoW on that.
This now means that WoW and CotH together take 30GB of your harddrive.
Now, you go to the CotH folder and make a shortcut of the Launcher.exe or WoW.exe. You place the shortcut on your desktop, and rename it to CotH.
You do the same with the WoW folder, and don't rename it once on the desktop.
I used to do the same. sadly one time it bugged and my private server file was the one to get updated :D
Is the server offline, or am I the only one who can't log in nor see the server-status?
It's offline.
Can anyone help me?:

How do you stop Wow from patching without having to copy the wow folder?

Note: I have Window's Vista.
Pages: 1 2 3