Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: ExcaliburLost's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player: My name is Sean and I'm an IT student who's played WoW on and off since launch and have been RPing for even longer. Though I've mostly played official servers up until now, I feel a private roleplay server may be able to enforce and foster RP better than an official one. My hobbies include gaming of all genres, literature (both writing and reading it), and tabletop gaming.
What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the USA and my first (and pretty much only) language is English.
How did you get into Warcraft?:

I dabbled in Warcraft 3, but my real introduction came with the launch of WoW.

What made you seek our server over others?:

As I said, I seek a roleplay server. Official roleplay servers have led to nothing but disappointment after disappointment. I'm hoping that in joining a private server with a smaller community centered around RP, I will have a better experience.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I prefer all kinds, but I lean towards action and adventure-themed, if only because of my tabletop roots. Generally, though, I like a little conflict in whatever kind of RP I find myself participating in. Though peaceful lulls every once in awhile are not only nice, but a necessary change of pace, there should always be obstacles characters are working to overcome, be they people or things, literal or abstract.
What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Though it took me awhile to accept them, I've grown especially fond of the blood elves, particularly after the vents of Burning Crusade. With the fall of Kael'thas and their reacceptance of the Light, they find themselves on the path to redemption. In the Warcraft universe, where fallen heroes and corruption are abound, this is exceedingly rare. As for class, I'm fond of the paladin. I've liked the class throughout most fantasy settings, and I particularly appreciate the lore surrounding it here.

What are your expectations of this server?:

It's hard to RP alone, so I'd like to get involved with the community here as much as possible. I'm hoping to meet people here who enjoy character interaction of all sorts and would be willing to both involve me in ongoing plots and stories and enjoy partaking in any ideas for such that I may come up with myself. One of the main reasons I dislike the official RP servers is how stagnant roleplay feels there; I'm hoping things here seem more fluid and ever-changing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I appreciate the note on humility. The fact that you're not the main character of the setting , though it seems that way to you, is something that can be easily forgotten, and yet very few places I've roleplayed in the past make note of it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The following little exchange is an example I wrote up for a roleplay elsewhere (a Pokemon one, specifically). I'm not certain if what you want should be Warcraft based, but I'm assuming not based on how you phrased the question. I'm particularly proud of how this turned out, so I would like to share it.
-

“This is a tablet I found in the Celestic Town ruins about a year ago,” Shina explained as she gestured to an inscribed stone encased in glass in display in her office. She was displaying it to a younger trainer who expressed an interest in the history.

“You see those creatures?” she asks as she goes on, pointing towards two particularly outstanding markings, “Those are Pokemon. This tablet is a prayer written by a people who saw them as gods. Fascinating, no?” Even if the younger trainer was not fascinated, she certainly seemed to be, judging from the tone in her voice.

“While I, of course, do not believe they're gods,” she continues to lecture, her heart into her words in such a way that might be a little off-putting to unsuspecting trainer she was speaking to, “I keep this here for a reason: to serve as a reminder of how awe-inspiring our allies can be. Pokemon are just about as intelligent as you or I. They are not subordinates, as I may have once believed, in my own youth. And—-Oh dear! Do forgive me for rambling,” her cheeks show an ever so faint embarrassed fluster, “history is one of the few things I'm able to get carried away about. I'm sorry.” She bows her head apologetically. One would get the feeling this is pretty rare for her.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Again, I'm not sure if that qualifies for what you want in the story section, yet if it doesn't, let me know and I'll rectify it.
WOHOOO!!! Finally another table top RPr.

D&D forever. God Bless Gary Gygax!!!
The purpose of the story is to determine whether or not your writing style (grammar, creativity, spelling, and all that other jazz) is suitable for our community. From what I can see: You pass. I am glad to see that you took a bit of time, and put in a bit of effort into your application. I am sure that you will make a great fit here. Welcome to the server! If anymore questions develop along the way, feel free to send me a PM... Or you could always post on the forums. When you get into the game, make sure to /join Chat. Everyone hangs out in there, it's a good place to meet the other members. Good luck!