Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Nuust's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I like to play games. I have been playing computer games all my life, and being with other computer gamers gives a comfortable feeling. Just like sharing some experience. This works out in all games, depending on what I want to play. If I feel like hitting targets in a shooting game, I go shoot some in a FPS, and share some fun with other shooters! As well as in motorsport games, it gives more fun driving well and reasonable with experienced racing drivers to get some fun out of it. I really find a lot of fun in games like World of Warcraft because of its big world style and possibilites.

I will never forget the moment I dropped dungeons and raids only to explore all of Azeroth, especially upper Kalimdor in level 45 by running on foot. I died countless of times hit by raging creatures, but the many hours of exploring was worth it! Exploring is really ridiculously great in this world of lore.

Else, I study geologics and also do music studies. I have an upcoming band, playing both jazz-fusion styled things, but also themed setups with inspirations from the music of Final Fantasy and such role playing games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Norway, partly of Filipino origins. My primary language is Norwegian, though what I always write on the computer are English texts. I also know German quite decently.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Inspired by many communities that I've been into, they all tended to end up in WoW gaming and so did I. I heard so many good things about Warcraft, that when I got home from the game shop with my copy of World of Warcraft and a pre-paid gaming card in my little plastic bag, my heart was filled with glory. I had finally gotten the game that many of those I knew played. Really great.

I have also played the campaign of Warcraft 3 earlier and fancied the lore a lot. Also some Tower Defense and quite a bit of fun play with the game's characters and units.

What made you seek our server over others?:
This server was recommended by other RP-interested friends that I've been playing online with. It seems well structured, has a nice feel and roleplay story to it, not to mention the rules and organization that has been taken hand of here. The website looks great and the way it stands out as a game portal for the server community makes me feel sure that this server is a good one! So here I am, writing my introduction :)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplay over detailed parts in the game, living a special kind of person who has an eye for the environments. For example, there are WANTED-posters stuck to one of the house's walls in Ratchet. Strolling past these ones should really notify the person, and isn't just hanging around for random ornamentations in the game. Being with another player, discussing small but humourous parts of the game is an important key to a nice roleplay. I guess this might be called relaxed tavern roleplay. I also like the exploration of in-game geographics roleplay, which appeals a lot because of the adventure and danger that might come in such a trip! Saddle the mounts!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I used to play Undead, so I'm comfortable with running and strolling arond with Undead beings! My main character was a Holy talented priest in the first 49 levels, though after recommendation I went over to shadow talents. I had a very fun time helping other players in my group with buffs, fortification and so on in the time I was Holy. It really feels good to restore and heal other members, it gives a nice feeling of achievement.

Turning over to shadow specifications was a blast. I leveled quicker and could blast creatures in a second. Still, this was a very individual kind of playing and I couldn't support my group as much as a Holy priest could do. Being a shadow priest in a guild raid was a special role, almost too much. I went back to Holy and stayed there :)

Although Undead's my favourite race and my favourite class is Priest, I might want to go for a Tauren Druid in the role play.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope that I can find some good roleplaying in the server! Putting up some nice play is fun and entertaining. It gives some tremendous experience, and that's what I also want to create in a shared virtual world of roleplaying fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I considered the rule of Maturity, but, after some thinking...
Humility
Each of our characters are central to their own stories... and everyone else's character is central to theirs. Nobody else loves your character as much as you do. When coming up with a story for your character, remember this. Other people may not get involved. Other people may not care. Other people may not comply. Part of being a mature player is recognizing when your character isn't supposed to be the center of attention. Sometimes other players' characters need to shine, and it is your honor and privilege to stand aside and give them room in the spotlight. Heck, play along. Find a way to fit into THEIR story now and then.

- Giving tolerance and being mature, still without trying too hard, is a good thing to have. Knowing where one's character takes place in a story is essential for the flow of a story.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Why are we finding ourselves here, in such a room?" the tiny man said. The big man, that stood at the tiny man's left side, had some aching pains in his neck. The tiny man barely had space above his head, his hair touching the ceiling. The room so tiny was forcing the big man to actually crouch, but then his feet collided with the room's wall, and his head was almost crashing into the other. This was a room of absurd dimensions.

The room itself was looking at these two men with five eyes. It was shaped in a pentagon with five walls, each wall having a door functioning as eyes for the living being of the room. The eyes were each having a special role; the Judge, the Joker, the Jailsman, the Jumper and lastly the Janitor. It goes without saying that the room itself was storing thousand years of wisdom, justice and world energy.

"Is this a question about survival? Who are you, by the way?" the big man asked the tiny one. "I'm just... A musician. I am a musician! I play the double bass, usually at the Old Blues' Bar-... At my place, that is, where I usually live. Now I'm just here in this strange room with... Five doors and nothing else! Why the hell do you care anyway!" the tiny man angrily answered, because he had no temper to stay sharp in this creepy non-satisfactional existence in a room. The big man smiled. "I beg your pardon, just calm down, all right. I have no idea where we are, I have no idea what all of this is about. But... I'm also a musician. I play the ukulele. Excuse my now coming words, but I just can't imagine you playing a double bass! You're so small!" The tiny man was not a tall kind of lad. Not a well tempered one either, his skin going from non-tanned to total sunburnt red at an instant moment after the last sayings of the big one. "Why don't you shut your mouth. I have no time to hear your unnecessary words of rabble and babble, habble and kaggle. Just get out!" And where to, exactly, that is another question. Because of the motions of moods storming the room, the big man found himself uncomfortable in the setting and went out through the door of the Joker. It was no random choice, the room picked it itself. None of the other doors handled issues for moods, so pulling the man towards the Joker was the correct choice.

Now standing alone, the tiny man is already being consulted by all the other aspects of the room. Dismissing another man is not something get's a pat on the head for. Where life now ends for the big man, is an issue only the Joker can decide.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm looking forward to roleplaying. I haven't roleplayed much earlier, but going deeper into it is something that appeals to my interests and I hope it'll be a great experience!
Yay, druid!

Welcome to the server!