Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Joha's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Actually I play mostly anything, especially RPG's and fantasy games. I have tried out a lot of games like World of Warcraft, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and those kind of games. And it's the kind of games I have had most enjoyment with.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Norway, so it's not too big a surprise that I talk Norwegian, primarily :)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of me and his father was playing World of Warcraft, and so did my cousin. So I decided I'd give it a try. It sure was a match, it has to be the best game I've ever played :D

What made you seek our server over others?:
My friend (and my cousin) told me I had to try this server because of its good structure and stuff. Besides that, I love RPG's.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)
Something like in the middle sounds most attractive to me... As long as I'm with friends and not on my own, I'm not that good at having fun all by myself.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Either Tauren or Human I think. The other races just haven't got the same style, it just seems correct to be Tauren or Human.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope that the people that are using this server, aren't just players without any kind of maturity and humility trying to destroy the fun in the game for the players who really want to make it into an awesome RP, and just try to have fun for theirselves. I also hope there's no big lags and glitches, so you can play without getting to disturbed with that.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Language rule is quite important. Strange spellings can lead to misleading messages.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Who's got a story for us?" The little redbearded dwarf Olding tried to shout across the table, but it got harder and harder for every bottle of beer he emptied. "Or what about a joke! *hick* I could love a good orc joke right now!" A deep, but silenced voice came from the corner of the inn where they were all sitting. "I'll tell you a story, but be prepared, you won't forget this one even though you black out because of all that liquid." Olding suddenly seemed a little smaller in his chair, "O-ok, *hick*. Come on already, I'm so bored I'm dying!"

"Ok then! Once upon a time, in a kingdom no longer spoken of, there was a middle-aged man with glasses, the same kind of glasses that you're all wearing! But this was no ordinary guy, he was certainly a special fella'." The old little dwarf stopped and took a sip of the beer he just payed the bartender way too much for. "He was the chief of the feared clan The Second Sun, Arne Brimi. He sure was the worst person to ever pass your ears. He was-"

A man standing in the stairs suddenly caught all the attention. "I don't like it when people starts talking bad about me Aldorv. You of all should know that," a cold chill goes down the back of everyone in the inn, if not even further. "I-i-is that..." the inn people spoke between their selves. "Yes, it is Olding, it's him, Arne Brimi."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I was thinking about making a pirate-like character, and then I thought about the -language- rule. Does pirate talk, like "scabby seadogs"-style with the typical swearing style that is implemented in pirate speech count as swearing as long as you don't say it to people you don't know very well? How does it work out in such a situation?
Weeeelcome to the server!

Dunno about the pirate thing, I swear ICly often. /shrug