Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dekken's introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a laid back guy who enjoys everything from games to snowboarding. I used to frequent a variety of RP enforced MUDs for a number of years, and still go back from time to time. Role playing is another one of my "hobbies" so to speak. I enjoy the interaction between people, and the creativity involved.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from Oregon, USA. Sadly, I only speak English. Well, sort of. I never went to college.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It started with a friend who talked me into pre-ordering the initial release. I stayed because of real life friends and family who played. I never strayed from anything more than casual player, and still head back when people ask.

What made you seek our server over others?:
I have always loved role playing, but have never combined with a graphical game. Based on what I've read in the forums and the wiki, I can bet I will truly enjoy my time here on your server!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Adventure for the most part. For me, nothing can compare to a group venturing out and reacting to various encounters. I love the freedom and diversity of five different characters reacting to the same unplanned, unforeseen circumstances on the fly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I would have to say humans. Partly because I generally associate them with more adversity than I do other races. And because I find it easier to express emotion in greater detail than I can with other races. My favorite class? Paladins. Valiant men and women of great faith and combat skill. Devoted to protection, through force when necessary. At least that's how I have always viewed them.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To enjoy taking part in the existing lore of Warcraft, while furthering the story through the various combined imaginations of all the players here. And I like forward to the character interaction in general, whether it's dragon-slaying or sipping ale on your tab!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect and maturity. We're all here to enjoy ourselves without doing so at the expense of others.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Finally, action! Fresh out of training, Dekken had been with his new unit only days before their assignment to mop up some lingering undead. For an eager new recruit, this was a dream come true. At least so he thought before actually facing the enemy. Now there was a lump in his throat, followed by doubt. "Will I live," he thought.
The staggering human form lumbered about, without direction so it seemed. The blank stare upon it's unrecognizable face suggested it was still unaware. Dekken had heard the stories of the walking, rotting undead. The stench of decay, the horror of acknowledging this was once a human...
Now here he was, waiting for the walking corpse to turn his back to Dekken, which would signal his advance. Then it happened. His heart started to pound, his shaky hand somehow managed to skillfully withdraw the longsword from the flimsy leather sheath that held it. Forward he went, turning the shield in his left hand toward his prey. "Stay square to your target, lean forward, plant your feet..." he said to himself over and over, recounting the lessons of his many instructors over the past months. Easier said than done. He didn't lean forward.
The impact resounded with a loud metallic thud as shield clashed with decayed flesh. Both the corpse and the footman tumbled to the ground, one far more surprised than the other. Perhaps the zombie had been in this exact situation before, as it showed no hesitation to react to the circumstances unfolding before it now. "Don't panic, eyes on your target, get on your feet," Dekken told himself. This time that's exactly what he did. The delayed movements of his opponent gave him enough time to stand back up, and square off with his foe. Now he was ready. He would not fail again. Dekken would tell this very story to his children many years from now. Or at least he hoped he would...
Welcome to CotH!