Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: HMorreale's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been playing the retail for a while now, but money issues on the home-front have led me to private servers. As of yet, I have been disappointed by the absolute immaturity most private server users employ. As a player, I tend avoid direct confrontation and prefer the group/social aspect of the game. (That's not to say that I don't get enjoyment from stomping in a troll's face, but I'd rather stomp in a troll's face with a friend!) When I played retail and finally hit 80, I thought that was it for my toon, and I'd start another shortly, but, instead, I wander around getting exalted in all the reputations I could get, just for the fun of it. (And I had alot of fun doing it with some buddies.) I don't have much role-playing experience, but I'd really like to give it a shot.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the Southwestern United States and speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I was younger, my brother and I would play Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, which, I guess, was my first involvement with the Warcraft legacy. A few years down the line, WoW came out. I'll admit I wasn't on the WoW bandwagon until Burning Crusade came out. At that time, a friend of mine gave me a 10 day free trial to play with and I haven't stopped since. (Well, what I mean to say is that, except for my monetary issues at the present time, I have been playing since then.)

What made you seek our server over others?:
All the private servers I have played have left me more than a little downtrodden. The thought of a 100% RP server is a slice of heaven for me. The other servers I played (Uber-WoW, Wow Legacy, Scape Gaming) had far too much drama surrounding the voting and donation items. When, every once and awhile, I'd find myself on a nearly empty server, I'd actually celebrate the peace and quiet, which led me to believe I was playing on the wrong servers. Truth be told, I'm more than a little nervous about my application here, and hope it goes well!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
What little roleplaying I have done, tends to be a little mixed. The tavern is not the place for me, but the small groups around a mid-map campfire are more than adequate. I really enjoy fleshing out my characters and trying to make each one as varied and original as the last. However, I am new to this and really want to improve my roleplaying skills (but, I'll probably need some help!)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My all time favorite race is the Draenei. I believe that that race is the most mysterious and, therefore, has a more open playing experience. Furthermore, I think they look good. The Burning Crusade expansion races, (Draenei and Blood Elf) feel the most proportionate of all the races. The men look masculine without a steroid-esque visage and the women look both dainty and powerful. I'm a big fan of paladins (more specifically retribution/holy) because I think they bring a lot to the groups they join.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I really just want to be part of a server that I think changes. I've been following to recent story lines and I am excited to join in and actually make a difference in the story of the servers. I've had some problems with private servers being down far too often, but I know that patching the private servers(especially with 3.2) will be a pain, but I'm more than willing to sit through it if I know that it is making a change.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
KEYBOARD SKILLS, oh God, keyboard skills. There is nothing that chaps my hide more then going out of my way to help another person, only to have them turn around and "THX!!1!!1" or something similarly horrendous. Spelling and grammar are important to me and when see it blatantly disregarded, a little part of me is tortured and dies. (While I guess that does seem a little dramatic of me, I tend to just put on a happy face, answer their questions and get out of there, hopefully never to see them again.)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

It wasn't that Rumo had any kind of heroic love and loyalty for her for her talbuk, Shalay, but she couldn't just leave the dead talbuk laying in the middle of Stranglethorn.

"I swear," she sighed and grabbed the creature by its horns and tugged harshly toward herself. "I hop off for one second, and when I come back.... You're dead."

Continuing to curse and spit in any language she had at least a rudimentary grasp in, the young Draenei warrior pulled the by now, completely drenched and slightly spoiled animal behind her. Trying (and failing) to avoid the now lake-sized puddles on the road that lead to Booty Bay; pelting, hot rain, plastering the hair that was once in a slightly controllable style to her face, Rumo took in a deep breath and released a sigh. A sigh so strong it was as if, through the power of her immense displeasure, the sky would open, the sun would shine down, the talbuk would stand up and say "Come Rumo, I will transport you to the sunny shores of Ratchet".

Needless to say, it continued to rain and the talbuk stayed dead.

"No mother, I don't want to be a priest." She said, mirroring with a high-pitched squeal what she had once said to the aging matriarch of her family. "What good is it to heal people and bring the dead back to life if you can't kill things."

She regretted that now. Another heave sprung the talbuk over a rock, splashing Rumo with what she hoped was water and knew wasn't.

Through the rain and humid fog, Rumo spied glimmering lights up ahead. It's Booty Bay, I know it, I know it! Sweet success, she was about to be home free. Pulling the talbuk with renewed vigor, Rumo made the final pull to find herself within the blessed canopy of the camp.

Suddenly, the talbuk's position as dead weight didn't seem so bad as she gazed over the scowling faces and realized where she was.

Grom'gol

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The site can be a little confusing at times, but I'll try to get a hang of it!