Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: More Rezz?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We've decided to add to the resurrection policy.

There is no longer one rezz.

Before half of you go "Yay!" and the other half go "Boo, that was a good policy."

We know.

And so, we are adding on to our current policy. You still need the rezz post, with the drawbacks listed.

And now, you need to mention who killed you, and who rezzed you.

We'd like to know, so we can make sure people aren't "stab stab stab" or "heal heal heal" too often.

We feel this will relieve some of the tension that comes from character death. No one wants to die since they only had two lives, and people would kill with the intent of ruining those two lives.

This however doesn't mean you do get an unlimited number of lives. If you die, rezz, die, rezz again, in a quick enough succession, we will make it permanent death.

I've probably missed something, so Question away.
With the war in Arathi going on... While a murderer be penalized if they are involved with the deaths of many (should it happen)... Or will there be certain exceptions? And what will happen to those who stab and heal too often?
It is all cirumstancial, if we see one guy a rampage we'll talk to him/her, if turns out to be by accident and not design we won't do much. But if they've been colleting pkp and such, well we'll be harsh to say the least.
Will second and third resurrections just stack more negative effects on top of the previously gained ones or increase exponentially?
Hm, I for one think this will cause people to be more reckless in all of their actions, pushing along with the mindset that you'll always have another chance and feel no true sense of risk in a world where all of your wounds can already be healed in a few seconds.

But, eh, whatever floats the servers boat. /shrug
It probably will cause people to be a bit more reckless, but I think it's a good thing. Right now, most people avoid character death so much to the point where only 1 or 2 people actually die in a battle with 20 people on each side. I think this is definitely a good idea to make certain events (Like the Arathi Wars) more realistic, while letting the players have more fun and avoid some of the OOC arguments that inevitably come with character death.
I think this is a very good thing. Yes, it will make some people more reckless in their behavior, but overall, I think CotH players are responsible enough to handle this, and I, for one, welcome the additional creative freedom. As long as resurrections are kept sane and everything makes sense in the context of the storyline, I don't see a problem. As a player, I still don't want my characters to die, but now I no longer have the urge to avoid character death at all costs and can more easily stay true to my character. Nobody likes to permanently lose a character they've put their heart and soul into and planned to do a lot more with.

Also, I take it that the week delay for resurrection still applies?
Another question, though this doesn't apply to me personally - does this policy change apply retroactively to characters who have recently died?
From what I gathered from the message all this is doing is adding to the policy, meaning that you still have to wait the week, that alone is enough for most people not to do such things.
Good call with the recent war. More will be willing to get involved if it does not have a hard number. Situational is always best with a responsible and intelligent leadership. Not buttering the GMs, this is a general statement. >:+)

"Z"
I really appreciate this change. This is not because I plan to die a lot, but my main character tends to be on the reckless side of things, and this would help me feel more... safe?.. in continuing to RP my character the way I have been in the past.
You still need to wait a week to rez, so deaths aren't something to scoff at. Just now if you contribute to good RP you might get another shot at things past your normal second chance.
I think this is a nice rule, just one question if you get rezzed now does that also means you get all your limbs back?
Narthir Wrote:I really appreciate this change. This is not because I plan to die a lot, but my main character tends to be on the reckless side of things, and this would help me feel more... safe?.. in continuing to RP my character the way I have been in the past.
Not to sound mean, but honestly, at least in my opinion, if you're very afraid of character death your character shouldn't be 'reckless'. Death is something that happens, especially in battle and war. If someone's gonna be reckless and charge in blindly or do whatever, they either need to be very lucky or very skilled to survive. If not, then they should be thinking a little more on things they do. But again, that's just my opinion.
I agree with Piken. If you're afraid of character death, you probably shouldn't roleplay someone who acts reckless in battle. In all battles, one must accept the possibility of death, even if it's only a slight chance. Sure, a Death Knight is almost assured to win in a battle against some peasant with a sack of doorknobs as a weapon, but there's always miracles, maybe the Death Knight will trip and land on his own sword, it's happened before.

Edit: Not to have a dig at you though, sorry if it came across like that. I just focused on a character who would be reckless in battle, and either way, your selection of roleplay shouldn't be limited because you don't want a character to die, it's just my two copper.
Maxwell Wrote:Sure, a Death Knight is almost assured to win in a battle against some peasant with a sack of doorknobs as a weapon, but there's always miracles, maybe the Death Knight will trip and land on his own sword, it's happened before.

Everyone knows Doorknobs are quite slippery.

And personally, I think the rezz system is in place as a sort of...background tool in case you have a really unfair death or have a really good RP ability to come back...not something to fall back on if you do something stupid.
Pages: 1 2