Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello once again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a returning member to Conquest of the Horde, can't remember when I joined, must be on my profile somewhere, anyway! I left to play mainstream WoW and what not, but with university coming up I've come to join in some RP here.
As a player I like to engage in group activities, be that in PVE or roleplay. I have a knack for adoring the 'simple people' of society in RP, be that tavern-keeps with a 'common tongue' or a farmer. Of course, this isn't restricting to 'lower/working classes' in society, lawyers and what not are on the top of my adore list to. I like these roles in roleplay as it really sets atomsphere, I've been to some places and it's just riddled with assassins here and assassins there.
Anyway, I'm digressing, I enjoy all sorts of roleplay. I've taken part in court trials and to the other extent, long pilgramiges done IC across Azeroth over days. I hope, by coming back here, I can engage in such. As a roleplayer I like to pick up on the detail, for example, if my character is having lunch say, with a friend, then it is certain that I will provide every emote when he will eat, when he will stop to wipe his mouth or drink a glob of wine.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Uh, well, I bought the game; wanted to play a MMORPG and ever since, got hooked really.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Maturity. This place looks damned mature from what I've tested and seen. of course, the fact that it's free from mainstream is also a big positive.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As I've said up above, I like a variety. I'm quite happy to sit in a tavern and roleplay, but I'm also very keen on doing massive journeys or valiant battles.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'd say Humans are probably my favourite race, or the race I tend to play. I find Humans most applicable to most forms of Roleplaying. Other than that though, I do enjoy Orcs, Forsaken and Dwarves.
My favourite class, from a PVE perspective is Warlock. Bloody good damage and really fun! When it comes to RP, I don't really have a class, because I don't really play characters with set classes. If they wield armour and weapons which have a similarity to a Footman, then they are indeed not a 'Warrior', but a 'Footman' or 'Soldier'.

What are your expectations of this server?:
That it will provide me with some excellent roleplay that is diverse and different from other places, including mainstream WoW.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Quote:Specifically, the ability to deal with issues in a rational, reasonable, adult manner. It means being able to have the clarity of vision to be critical and honest with oneself, and to act based on the greater good rather than the personal good. It means being able to rise above pettiness, and to recognize that some conflicts are simply not worth getting into. A mature player knows better than to get involved in a confrontation with someone who is griefing them or engaging in some other irritating behavior. Players in this community and on this server should be able to put their pride aside and respond appropriately. You should also be mature enough to realize that, due to the general lack of restrictions with RP, you may encounter or stumble across some R-rated events (whether it's language, violence, intimacy or something else).

I believe that maturity is necessary for strong and cohesive roleplay to occur. Without it, we would have a bubbling mass of childish characters, concepts and actions. My favourite, because it is key in the role of roleplay! Yeha!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A story, pwhar! Used to write these a lot, more into script-writing now... but here goes: (Taken from an old story of mine.)

In the seventh hundred and fifty fourth year the great Kingdom of Cathuanas had finally reached an era of longed peace and prosperity. The Kingdom was based in the charted lands of Frosfen. It stood under three virtues that governed the land; these were peace, order and justice! Mixed with all races and all people, the great Kingdom had rose against the others, turning them into simple memories. Under the single banner of the Queen, the people of Frosfen found themselves happy and content with their lives. As dangers of Frosfen soon were stamped out by the grand armies of Cathuanas, the land was safe from all those that had tried to destroy it. This however was only the beginning for the great Kingdom, its blissful era soon transformed into an age of exploration and research. Massive ships had been rose for the journey across the great seas. Masses of armies, artisans, scientists and explorers boarded the ships that sailed towards the new world. The great seas that separated the continents claimed many lives and many ships, only few survived the journey and began setting up outposts under the Queen's name.

The sparkling waters of the great sea rolled against the silver cliffs that struck out into the sky. Warm rays of the glowing sun reflected onto the soft surfaces of the water. The yapping of the seagulls filled the air as they swooped in and out of the water to feed their primal instinct. Like the sea, the wind too was soft and it brushed across the fields of green grass like they were strands of intricate hairs. Down towards the coastal bay existed a small village. The chimneys of the wooden houses spew out gentle streams of grey smoke, it swirled and twirled to the woolly clouds that flowed along the light blue skies. Rows upon rows of houses ran up and down the cobbled streets; unique in design, these houses were crafted with the finest wood and the white coating paint that anyone would ever gaze upon. The citizens moved up and down the packed streets like little ants, all busy with their own tasks. This coastal village, Newshore, was the starting point of the new world, explorers alike often flocked here to begin their journeys into the new world; uncharted adventures would await them. In this land were new fauna, new plants and of course, new dangers. At the north end of the busy port town, a grand marble tower stood high amongst the simple wooden hovels. The gleaming sun made the slabs of rock look like elegant pearls. On the pointed roof an erected flag whisked with pride in the soft seafront breeze, it bore the mark of Queen Cathrine of Cathuanas.
Another beaming ship had pulled into port to release it's cargo. Boxes bearing the royal insignia were hauled from it's deck and plonked with the rest. The boxes stacked up high all along the port that made it a rather shadowy place. Nets and tackles rested in the port and the delightful aroma of sea-fished wafted around the air. The smell of fish wasn't the only thing that filled the air, shouts of burly sailors bellowed out too.
Passengers spewed out from the transportation vessel, they soon departed ways, spreading into the thin alleyways. One passenger however stood and looked to his surroundings in awe. Youth was bestowed on his clean skin, he looked to be about the age of sixteen. His rebellious brown hair blocked out to one side. A hemstitched satchel clung over his shoulder as his hands grasped at the leather strap. The boy was of average stature, about five foot or so and had tanned brown skin. Like his satchel, his leather clothing seemed to be of the same design, definitely an explorer! His mouth gaped open to his surroundings, his brown eyes flickered back and forth in awe. The boy soon set off into the narrow streets of Newshore.

Although it was day, darkness loomed in the streets. The wooden houses blocked out the pleasant rays of the golden sun, thus making the streets rather shady. Of course, it wasn't just the lack of sun that generated to the sinister presence of the street, dark figures dressed in black rags lurked on the cobbled corners, ready to strike the unsuspecting with a shiny dagger. The boy continued on his way, navigating through the streets until he was approached by three figures. Each of the dark figures striked a black hood that covered their menacing faces.
“What ya' got in the bag, boy!” one inquired. The boy looked up to them, clutching his back instinctively, he glanced around for an exit. An expression of fear formed on his face as he took a step back from the sly, slimy strangers.
“Uh… uh n-nothing” mumbled the boy. One of the figures looked to another tilting his head back before turning back to prowl above the boy. They snickered darkly unveiling rough, blunt daggers.
“Why don't ya' let us take a look, eh?” The strangers, now identified as thieves waved around their daggers in a threatening motion, as if to say, ‘hand it over or we'll gut you'. In such a moment however appeared a burly male, garbed in an animal pelt and a rough brown cloak. His broad form towered not only over the boy, but the slinky thieves too. With one of his large hands he whipped over his cloak, revealing the hilt of his sword.
“Why don't you go and walk the other way, gentleman.” roared the large male. Turning in the fright to the large male, the boy mumbled nervously. His eyes widened in fear and his lips quivered a humble 'thanks' to the warrior. The guff male's hood was soon tugged down by a heavy hand revealing a warm and welcoming face. The warrior fashioned a coarse gray beard that covered his stout chin. Short, evenly cut hair matched his beard and thin resistant streaks of hair poked out over his forehead. Large fuzzy eyebrows loomed above his hazel eyes. He nodded slowly, face full of wisdom and wrinkles of age.
“Do not worry, boy.”
“A…Are you an soldier?” mumbled the boy, hand running up his satchel's strap idly.
“A soldier?” The large man let out a loud guffaw that echoed around the nearby alleyway, it shook the white walls. “No lad, just a simple explorer!” His tilted his head back, letting out a thoughtful grunt as his eyes looked at the boy inquisitively. “You'd be wise to hide your belonging boy, there are many who would seek to steal from you, as you have seen.”
“Oh… this is all I have.”
“Well then, lad, how about we get you a cloak, hm?” He smiled warmly, resting one of his large hands on the bony shoulders of the boy. His plated boots slammed against the cobbles with a clang as they descended into the bustling market-way.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)