Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Zihro, an Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Hello, I'm Zihro. I'm 18, but I've only been playing "live" World of Warcraft for a year, both role-playing and raiding. I've been playing on the Argent Dawn role-play server, but always found the OOC elements and the mass amounts of spamming ruined the experience. I've been looking for different ways to role-play for a while now, and stumbled upon this server.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in England, in Manchester city. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first got interested in the Warcraft Lore when playing Warcraft 3: The Burning Crusade during my first month of college. After completing the campaign stories I went on to attempting to create my own maps and campaigns with the map editor program. After a while, a friend sent me a "recruit-a-friend" email for World of Warcraft.

What made you seek our server over others?:
After looking at a few of the private role-play servers, Conquest of the Horde seems the most organised and is one of the highest rated in most polls.

What kinds of role-play do you enjoy?:
Action and fighting role-play I find entertaining, but I do also enjoy getting to know characters, and the detail people put into their stories and past.

What is your favourite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race are the Forsaken, for the fact they can be almost any race, they are a strong spirited people that escaped servitude to The Lich King out of sheer force of will, and the fact they have their own religion, "The Forgotten Shadow". My favourite class is the paladin, a Holy warrior of the Light. I've always enjoyed playing as one of these selfless Crusaders, fighting for the safety of the people. Paladin's are also remarkably good when selecting role-play gear, as they can equip almost any armour, and can equip most weapons.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are moderate, I understand this is a private server, not -everything- will work as intended on the "live" servers, but considering anything non-functional won't interfere with role-play, this shouldn't be a problem. I expect the role-play to be of a fairly high standard, considering the entry policy, and am fairly looking forward to contributing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Humility section is a new rule I've not really seen in a role-play server's list of rules, I imagine most servers assume everybody knows about it, an unspoken rule you might say. I think it's very insightful to put it up there, I've often played characters that could be seen as the workers, assistants or troops, preferring these roles to leading, but at the same time, I know every character must be able to leave a mark on others to be remembered in role-play.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Okay, here goes...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Beggar's Haunt, a place few venture to these days. A cloaked figure looks over his shoulder and moves swiftly past the waterfall and adjoining lake, it's constant roar masking most of the noise he causes, to a small camp. Three people sit around a fire, stone benches from long ago still remain. High above twin statues overlook the area, their hoods hiding all but glowing eyes, reflecting the camp-fire below. The three look up as the hooded figure pulls back his hood, revealing a well-groomed half human, half high-elf with long flowing black hair. One of the three around the fire stands as she spots him, a slim Draenei with raven coloured hair which is almost black, yet as it shimmers in the light of the camp-fire, it's clearly dark brown. Her hair under the hood is styled in two pigtails which hang from just behind her slightly pointed ears.

Draenei : Zihro, Thank A'dal you are safe!

The half-blood smiles weakly as the other two at the fire look up to him. Their faces tell him everything, they're tired, and have been through enough for one night. The fiery-maned human, Riado Flamehammer, nods before turning his one good eye back to the fire before him, as if seeking the answers amongst the ashes of the campfire. His blood red armour on the floor behind him.

Riado : The Fallen are exiled Zihro... We can't show our faces in Stormwind again. The nobles win once more.

The Draenei, Ayriana, hums to herself a quiet, solemn melody as she pours out a cup of herbal tea. The aroma of strange, natural spices fill the air as she pours the liquid into the cup. Her hands tremble as she does so, she's been through a tough time and it has taken it's toll on her.

Ayriana : It vill be fine, we can simply stay in ze Dwarf city.

She smiles as she hands Zihro the cup, her eyes glow in the darkness of Duskwood's eternal twilight.

The last member of the Order of the Fallen, a stern female Night Elven woman swathed in dragon hide by the name of Ellen, looks up from the cup in her hands. She seems to be studying Zihro for a second then turns away from him back to her cup. Zihro seems to consider something for a second before speaking.

Zihro : So... To Ironforge Ria?

The surly red-head rises to his feet, and walks over to Zihro. He places his hand upon Zihro's shoulder and nods.

Riado : Aye lad, the bloody Dwarves can put up with us instead! Glad to have you back with us, son.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm curious to the current political changes that have been made with the Horde and the Forsaken/Blood elf factions. Would this have any impact on levelling a horde character? Or is it solely an IC change?
Welcome to Coth!

Can't wait to Rp!