Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Another Intro in the Wall...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

Well, so far, role-playing games were the genre that entertained me the most (be it online or offline) and they still are. As for WoW, I played the retail for a while when it first made its release in 2005 (Europe) and then had to drop it because of some budget issues.
Now here I am in 2009 and the budget didn't get any better. Hence, the need of a private server.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

From Turkey; Turkish being the primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I guess it was the everlasting recommendations from friends like "Dude! There is, like, this kewl strategy game and all...".

What made you seek our server over others?:
Private servers... VERY dangerous places to step into. Be it its numerous bugs, corrupted communities, ... It is pretty hard to find a decent one. A private server that its community actually role-plays, sounded highly unlikely to encounter. Then I find myself here, writing an introduction to a role-playing private server. The reason is I think this server has the corrupted community risk taken care of.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

I have failed to find myself drawn into a particular one. Even though I am an overall calm person, I do not enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay more than going out seeking action or the other way around. Each has its delights.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Undead Warlock.
What can I say? Darkness is appealing =). Beside that, I am most pleasant with the unique gameplay style the warlock class offers.
I did put some time into some other classes, though. As my first character, I was playing as a priest before I got tempted by the warlocks. After warlock, for some difference, I tried the rogue and the mage respectively. If the question was "What is your second favorite class?", now that would be pretty hard to answer as it is pretty hard to decide between a rogue and a mage.
And it is the undead as a race. I find undeads the most fitting to the warlock class.

What are your expectations of this server?:
In one sentence: A decent, role-playing community with sense of humor =)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

I loved the part about maturity. More mature players around, more chance to hear fine jokes!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
As I recall, it was a Tuesday morning, around 7:00 am. We were standing in front of the bus stop -which was nothing more than a pole "BUS STOP" written on it- waiting for the evercoming bus I have to take every morning to go to work. Queue was abundant as usual, since I'm not the only one who works around here.
Almost half of the queue were occupied people, like me, in suits. A particular one, tend to catch the eye as he was having a difficult time standing still and kept looking at his watch, like, every ten seconds. The rest of the queue consisted mostly of high schoolers, some college students and a few senior citizens. The above-the-average-loudness-level chattering of high schoolers was eating the air. How I envied them. With all that intense talking they were doing, they shouldn't have noticed how long it's been taking for this freaking bus to come. College students trying to keep their cool near high schoolers also might have suffered a little.
As for the seniors... Who cares! It's the bus! On the horizon! Rejoice! It seems that we will live to see another day. Well, not quite. About this seldomly passing bus... With that much people aboard, it is a sheep wagon. It is like an every day attempt of a world record on how many people would fit into this bus. We stood there and watched it in awe as it got closer. How many of us could get into an already full bus? The bus driver was as much reluctant to stop and take more sheep. Yet he managed to get himself to stop for a brief moment. I grab my bag and move forward. My "Into the blackness!" thoughts get disrupted when all of a sudden, the ten second guy bursts out of the queue, blasts the frost nova, dives into the bus and the bus leaves. Never see that every day! An effective solution it may be but it didn't prevent me from cursing him. He left us with chill on our feet which disappeared about the time the bus went out of our sight. We got nothing to do but to wait for another thirty minutes. So I sat down and ate my bread.
In the morning of the day after that, on the newspaper, there was this news about a bus, destroyed by a mysterious creature which the folklorists deemed a doomguard.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

Can't think of anything right now. But there is a high chance that, after I post this, I will go "Aaargh! Should have written it like this" or "Shouldn't have written it like that!".
Welcome to Conquest to the Horde!

Your story about the bus stop reminded me that soon, next year, I will be going through those horrors once more. You evil wretch.. Heheh, enjoy your stay here!
Now this looks like an awesome introduction! Now I am tempted to add my unique, purple...

Welcome to the server!

If you have any of those questions you were talking about, do not hesitate to PM me! Also, a good idea might be to /join chat in-game, because that is where all the cool people talk to each other! :D